User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Personally, I feel like I have my TiNe face which is my true self, but when I'm uncomfortable around someone or in a situation, I have my Si face where I act like what seems 'normal.'

for me I'd put it like this

TiNe - true self
    TiSi - really uncomfortable and detached
    SiFe - uncomfortable but trying to act normal (this is really exhausting for me)
    NeFe - overly excited and playful (only around those I'm extremely comfortable with)
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by SforzaRS View Post
    Personally, I feel like I have my TiNe face which is my true self, but when I'm uncomfortable around someone or in a situation, I have my Si face where I act like what seems 'normal.'

TiNe - true self
    SiFe - uncomfortable but trying to act normal
    NeFe - overly excited and playful (only around those I'm extremely comfortable with)
    Yeah that sounds good.

Was just about to post something similiar, but you beat me to it.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

TiNe - true self
    SiFe - uncomfortable but trying to act normal
    Wow, same for me...

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Wow, same for me...
    I think the difference between ENTP and INTP is that ENTP is more prone to use the NeFe face and less likely to use TiSi face.

does that sound right?
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Maybe it'd make more sense if I say that Si essentially acts as a mask. It's unmoving, inexpressive, and cold. It protects us from the outside world. When we feel safe and comfortable we are more willing to remove our mask and show our Ti and Ne.

Opinion?
    Dunno. I don't think I have to feel 'comfortable' to inhabit Ti. Ti-ing makes me comfortable. It's home. Sometimes it makes others uncomfortable...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I think the difference between ENTP and INTP is that ENTP is more prone to use the NeFe face and less likely to use TiSi face.

does that sound right?

Well yes, but not as often as you might think. I really think we are the most introverted Es, and I personally spend a lot more time observing, rather than participating or interacting, unless with close friends. With my friends and at parties, I'm NeFe all the way. When working, I'm TiSi, no question. But my basic state is NeTi. I'm not as sure about when I use FeSi, since I rarely feel that uncomfortable and "fake".

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

I think it's more accurate to say that we resort to Si in situations of discomfort and not that we hide Ti because we're uncomfortable
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Well yes, but not as often as you might think. I really think we are the most introverted Es, and I personally spend a lot more time observing, rather than participating or interacting, unless with close friends. With my friends and at parties, I'm NeFe all the way. When working, I'm TiSi, no question. But my basic state is NeTi. I'm not as sure about when I use FeSi, since I rarely feel that uncomfortable and "fake".
    This is just speculation, but I think INTP's natural tendency is to use TiSi in uncomfortable situations, but since we don't want to seem so distant we have to use SiFe since NeFe or TiNe would make us feel uncomfortable(lack of Si in an uncomfortable situation).

ENTP gets a sense of comfort from NeFe that INTPs don't, and since NeFe isn't so detached, ENTPs don't feel the need to go the extra mile to use FeSi.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

This is just speculation, but I think INTP's natural tendency is to use TiSi in uncomfortable situations, but since we don't want to seem so distant we have to use SiFe since NeFe or TiNe would make us feel uncomfortable(lack of Si in an uncomfortable situation).

ENTP gets a sense of comfort from NeFe that INTPs don't, and since NeFe isn't so detached, ENTPs don't feel the need to go the extra mile to use FeSi.
    I think you're right. I feel very alive in my NeFe. I feel awkward and phony with FeSi.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Dunno. I don't think I have to feel 'comfortable' to inhabit Ti. Ti-ing makes me comfortable. It's home. Sometimes it makes others uncomfortable...
    Of course. Ti is practically always present. Basically what SforzaRS says. When uncomfortable we tend to retreat into Si. So TiSi instead of TiNe.

Aye. I rarely use SiFe though, rather, it's more TiSi with a small amount of Fe thrown in to give just enough social sense to not stand out.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin