• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Costrin's Omni-Ultimate INTP Profile.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Personally, I feel like I have my TiNe face which is my true self, but when I'm uncomfortable around someone or in a situation, I have my Si face where I act like what seems 'normal.'

for me I'd put it like this

TiNe - true self
TiSi - really uncomfortable and detached
SiFe - uncomfortable but trying to act normal (this is really exhausting for me)
NeFe - overly excited and playful (only around those I'm extremely comfortable with)

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Personally, I feel like I have my TiNe face which is my true self, but when I'm uncomfortable around someone or in a situation, I have my Si face where I act like what seems 'normal.'

TiNe - true self
SiFe - uncomfortable but trying to act normal
NeFe - overly excited and playful (only around those I'm extremely comfortable with)

Yeah that sounds good.

Was just about to post something similiar, but you beat me to it.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

TiNe - true self
SiFe - uncomfortable but trying to act normal

Wow, same for me...

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Wow, same for me...

I think the difference between ENTP and INTP is that ENTP is more prone to use the NeFe face and less likely to use TiSi face.

does that sound right?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe it'd make more sense if I say that Si essentially acts as a mask. It's unmoving, inexpressive, and cold. It protects us from the outside world. When we feel safe and comfortable we are more willing to remove our mask and show our Ti and Ne.

Opinion?

Dunno. I don't think I have to feel 'comfortable' to inhabit Ti. Ti-ing makes me comfortable. It's home. Sometimes it makes others uncomfortable...

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think the difference between ENTP and INTP is that ENTP is more prone to use the NeFe face and less likely to use TiSi face.

does that sound right?

Well yes, but not as often as you might think. I really think we are the most introverted Es, and I personally spend a lot more time observing, rather than participating or interacting, unless with close friends. With my friends and at parties, I'm NeFe all the way. When working, I'm TiSi, no question. But my basic state is NeTi. I'm not as sure about when I use FeSi, since I rarely feel that uncomfortable and "fake".

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I think it's more accurate to say that we resort to Si in situations of discomfort and not that we hide Ti because we're uncomfortable

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Well yes, but not as often as you might think. I really think we are the most introverted Es, and I personally spend a lot more time observing, rather than participating or interacting, unless with close friends. With my friends and at parties, I'm NeFe all the way. When working, I'm TiSi, no question. But my basic state is NeTi. I'm not as sure about when I use FeSi, since I rarely feel that uncomfortable and "fake".

This is just speculation, but I think INTP's natural tendency is to use TiSi in uncomfortable situations, but since we don't want to seem so distant we have to use SiFe since NeFe or TiNe would make us feel uncomfortable(lack of Si in an uncomfortable situation).

ENTP gets a sense of comfort from NeFe that INTPs don't, and since NeFe isn't so detached, ENTPs don't feel the need to go the extra mile to use FeSi.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
This is just speculation, but I think INTP's natural tendency is to use TiSi in uncomfortable situations, but since we don't want to seem so distant we have to use SiFe since NeFe or TiNe would make us feel uncomfortable(lack of Si in an uncomfortable situation).

ENTP gets a sense of comfort from NeFe that INTPs don't, and since NeFe isn't so detached, ENTPs don't feel the need to go the extra mile to use FeSi.

I think you're right. I feel very alive in my NeFe. I feel awkward and phony with FeSi.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Dunno. I don't think I have to feel 'comfortable' to inhabit Ti. Ti-ing makes me comfortable. It's home. Sometimes it makes others uncomfortable...

Of course. Ti is practically always present. Basically what SforzaRS says. When uncomfortable we tend to retreat into Si. So TiSi instead of TiNe.

Aye. I rarely use SiFe though, rather, it's more TiSi with a small amount of Fe thrown in to give just enough social sense to not stand out.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nice job costrin.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
So change of plans. I'm doing ISTP profile next.

Also, I'm thinking of adding pics for each type.

This would totally be INTP:
518028178_553a6d2cc6.jpg

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty good profile! Very to the point.

Want to consider giving a crack at the shadow functions (Te, Ni, Se, Fi)?

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
The link to the TiSi loop (under the Si heading) is broken!

(Or it just won't work for me.)

Sounds interesting.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Ok try it now.

Works! thanks.

-------
edit

So I read the article, and it gave a very clear explanation of the intp version of what's happening, but the IS_P description barely registered as making sense - at first.

Then I read about Ni.

I'm being persuaded.

Cool link/site in all

Last edited:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible

does that sound right?

Well I use NeSe more than NeFe to me.

Fe is playing the peacemaker when people fight each other,. Thats the onluy time I develop geniune Fe.