• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Tricks to keep working on stuff that doesn't interest you as NT?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I come by fairly well, but can really push the things I don't enjoy doing to the last moment. And that's something I can't really change. Unless I can maybe find some enjoyment in work.

Does anyone have tricks that can help clear up the silly stuff?

I run a few companies. No boss in charge of me and the only thing I enjoy about my work is the innovating bit. Making ideas, getting people to execute them. But stuff such as administration. YUCK!

Financial administration is worst, if it costs money. Altho if it makes me money it's a lot of fun again.

I enjoy the 'game' of running my own business. It's like a big playground. But I do think I should really work on improving the areas that I lack. :/

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Find someone who likes doing the stuff you do not like. Play to your strengths instead of trying to shore up your weaknesses. That's a losing game and a waste of energy.

L

Lasting_Pain

Find someone who likes doing the stuff you do not like. Play to your strengths instead of trying to shore up your weaknesses. That's a losing game and a waste of energy.

Basically what he said. Or find you a SP or SJ whom you can manipulate into doing your work you don't like.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Don't fight it. I also own a few businesses and cannot tolerate "grunt" work. I'm much better suited to creating the jobs that keep people employed, not doing the daily maintenance. I put off things I don't like to the last possible minute, as well. The worst for me is housework and filing. I can't change who I am or my preferences, nor do I want to. I just hire someone to do all the things I don't want to do.

I've gotten to the point of realizing that all this hard work can't be to just collect money and store it - I work hard for the luxury of having a staff. Get a cleaning person and 2 part time personal assistants (2 because there will always be a back up and you also don't want to rely so heavily on just one person...)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Don't fight it. I also own a few businesses and cannot tolerate "grunt" work. I'm much better suited to creating the jobs that keep people employed, not doing the daily maintenance. I put off things I don't like to the last possible minute, as well. The worst for me is housework and filing. I can't change who I am or my preferences, nor do I want to. I just hire someone to do all the things I don't want to do.

I've gotten to the point of realizing that all this hard work can't be to just collect money and store it - I work hard for the luxury of having a staff. Get a cleaning person and 2 part time personal assistants (2 because there will always be a back up and you also don't want to rely so heavily on just one person...)

What do you do?

chegra

MBTI Type
INFJ
I normally just chip off a bit at a time.
Fragment it into small tolerable bits. So, basically I will gauge how long I could focus on the boring stuff everyday and just try to do that every day.

And it adds up.