• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] How Do You Fuel Your Ne?

L

Lasting_Pain

Please do not derail my topic. Let just stay on the subject at hand. How do you fuel your Ne?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

This for me as well. Ofcourse I have tons of other sources of inspiration to fuel my Ne here and there. But that's like biscuits compared to the kerosine I get from people. :p

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4

Definitely and by far the biggest source of fuel. There's just so many possibilities to the hidden thoughts behind what people do. This usually sends my Ti into paralysis because of the Ne overload. Biggest and worst case of it is from romantic relationships.

L

Lasting_Pain

Definitely and by far the biggest source of fuel. There's just so many possibilities to the hidden thoughts behind what people do. This usually sends my Ti into paralysis because of the Ne overload. Biggest and worst case of it is from romantic relationships.

But you can't just do that to random people. You will at least have to know the person in order to analyze them.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But you can't just do that to random people. You will at least have to know the person in order to analyze them.

no you don't! seems like you might be talking about ti or something instead...i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure it's the ne that informs me about people and things i don't already know.

L

Lasting_Pain

no you don't! seems like you might be talking about ti or something instead...i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure it's the ne that informs me about people and things i don't already know.

I am probably talking about the combination of Ti and Ne, I got a little ahead of myself.

G

garbage

Pretty much anything, but I specifically notice it in computer programming. It actually came up today, when I was working with a team developing a GUI and just dragging components around and messing with them in a very ADD-like fashion.

I am probably talking about the combination of Ti and Ne, I got a little ahead of myself.

You answered your own point here. That's a Ne+Ti thing, especially talking about getting to know a person before you can analyze them. Ne helps you fill in the blanks, supplemented with Ti to provide a holistic picture in an analytical fashion.

Ti can also work with Ne-provided patterns of people, inferring that, say, someone is a specific MBTI type based upon the characteristics they're exhibiting, then perhaps using that to predict how they'll behave.

And this is Ne+Fi. The difference is that Fi works innately with people and subjective views. We get a certain sense of others without applying much actual analysis.

Granted, this could all be wrong. I think this function pairing talk might deserve its own thread, though.

L

Lasting_Pain

Pretty much anything, but I specifically notice it in computer programming. It actually came up today, when I was working with a team developing a GUI and just dragging components around and messing with them in a very ADD-like fashion.

You answered your own point here. That's a Ne+Ti thing, especially talking about getting to know a person before you can analyze them. Ne helps you fill in the blanks, supplemented with Ti to provide a holistic picture in an analytical fashion.

Ti can also work with Ne-provided patterns of people, inferring that, say, someone is a specific MBTI type based upon the characteristics they're exhibiting, then perhaps using that to predict how they'll behave.

And this is Ne+Fi. The difference is that Fi works innately with people and subjective views. We get a certain sense of others without applying much actual analysis.

Granted, this could all be wrong. I think this function pairing talk might deserve its own thread, though.

I think you are right.

sculpting

Ne plays and dances its way along. My Ne gets fueled by being around other Nes of either type and we end up in giggles.

At work when I get especially bored, I sepnd five minutes writing a ridiculous email that starts a chain of replies. Ne likes to bounce from reply to reply and play off the words and just be sort of silly and create connections. Then I have energy to get back to what I was working on which requires focus.

An example: My collegue INFJ always gives me crap so every time he does I threaten to cut off another toe. So we are up to only seven toes, and I said can you walk with no toes, and he said he could walk on his hands, which then prompted me to tell him a story about a guy with no arms who ate at my resturant, who I wasnt sure if I should help him rolls. Back to work I go...

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I eat babies

ConchShell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ne plays and dances its way along. My Ne gets fueled by being around other Nes of either type and we end up in giggles.

At work when I get especially bored, I sepnd five minutes writing a ridiculous email that starts a chain of replies. Ne likes to bounce from reply to reply and play off the words and just be sort of silly and create connections. Then I have energy to get back to what I was working on which requires focus.

An example: My collegue INFJ always gives me crap so every time he does I threaten to cut off another toe. So we are up to only seven toes, and I said can you walk with no toes, and he said he could walk on his hands, which then prompted me to tell him a story about a guy with no arms who ate at my resturant, who I wasnt sure if I should help him rolls. Back to work I go...
This sounds very familiar! The starting off a chain email like this which evolves into the most ridiculous and fantastic topics. And yes, it's other Ne types who are the funniest to do this with. Because they 'get it.'

With regards to the original question, it's surely people that fuel our Ne for the extroverted Ne types.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I just take in random situations and contexts that I see in life, and relate them to other random situations and contexts that I've seen in life. Then those situations are related to other situations, and then those to other situations, and before I know it class is half over!