User Tag List

First 123 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Grew up in a J environment here as well. Was very J myself as a young child. But as far as my memory goes. My J seemed to be this defensive mechanism that I took up from my environment, for me J almost always lead to regrets. As I got wiser I lost that defensive mechanism and became very P instead. This started from 10 years old or so to where I am now. And transitioning fluidly more to P each year.

MBTI
    ENTP

I was raised in a ridiculously strong J environment, and I never showed any signs of being a J. Ever.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

Banned

Grew up in a strong J environment, and really like my J-ness. Odd as it may seem to the Ps, there is nothing even remotely appealing (to me) in the whole "let stuff happen" approach. I think my J is what has consistently kept me from going under during really rough times and every goal I've set for myself has been accomplished as a result of the J (the T sets the goal and figures out what needs to be done, but the J is the doer). I get up, I go, I do what needs to get done, and there's absolutely no f***ing around. Ps are fun to spend time with, but they often fiddle fart around so much, that you just have to learn to leave them alone. I rarely make plans with Ps, as it's basically an exercise in futility, but I do dig them when they're around.

I do regret the lack of F a bit though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

OP makes no sense to me, whatsoever. Either all functions are innate, or none are.

Anyway, raised in a very "J" home. But I've never been remotely that way inclined. Often wish I were. Despite the fact that they bug the hell out of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Grew up in a strong J environment, and really like my J-ness. Odd as it may seem to the Ps, there is nothing even remotely appealing (to me) in the whole "let stuff happen" approach. I think my J is what has consistently kept me from going under during really rough times and every goal I've set for myself has been accomplished as a result of the J (the T sets the goal and figures out what needs to be done, but the J is the doer). I get up, I go, I do what needs to get done, and there's absolutely no f***ing around. Ps are fun to spend time with, but they often fiddle fart around so much, that you just have to learn to leave them alone. I rarely make plans with Ps, as it's basically an exercise in futility, but I do dig them when they're around.

Ps have goals too. They are just subjected to change.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes, but all this doing doesn't sound very fun or romantic or interesting.

Also, it comes down to what you want out of life: to get things done (why, what things, for what purpose) or to have a particular experience of life.

ENTJ's live a life of constraint. I have no quarrel with that, but I just have always wanted something different, more broad, more serendipitous.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    Ps have goals too. They are just subjected to change.
    Didn't say they didn't, just that my J is what gets mine accomplished. I have lots of P friends who have goals, they just have a little more difficulty getting to the finish line (or remembering where or what it was lol!) in a reasonable amount of time. Ps are lovely.

Lasting_Pain

Didn't say they didn't, just that my J is what gets mine accomplished. I have lots of P friends who have goals, they just have a little more difficulty getting to the finish line (or remembering where or what it was lol!) in a reasonable amount of time. Ps are lovely.

We are more flexible though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Yes, but all this doing doesn't sound very fun or romantic or interesting.

Also, it comes down to what you want out of life: to get things done (why, what things, for what purpose) or to have a particular experience of life.

ENTJ's live a life of constraint. I have no quarrel with that, but I just have always wanted something different, more broad, more serendipitous.
    Constraint? Maybe... I wouldn't say my life has been especially constrained though. I've travelled, had a family, been educated (and continue to be), and seen an awful lot of things that I suspect many Ps will never get to simply because life is just too short and they do tend to futz around an awful lot.

You're probably right about the serendipitousness thing though.

MBTI
    ENTP

Constraint? Maybe... I wouldn't say my life has been especially constrained though. I've travelled, had a family, been educated (and continue to be), and seen an awful lot of things that I suspect many Ps will never get to simply because life is just too short and they do tend to futz around an awful lot.

You're probably right about the serendipitousness thing though.
    What do you want from life?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."