User Tag List

12 Last

Default A Tale of an INTJ

As a young six year-old in grade school, my INTJ brother was already a skeptic.

One Monday morning, he arrived in his first grade classroom to find the desks toppled and papers strewn about everywhere. He liked to get to class early, so he was the first one there.

It was just him and his teacher (we'll call her Miss T.), amidst a swirling mess.

"What happened?" he asked Miss T., wide-eyed.

"Oh, Danny," his teacher responded with alarm, "We had such a terrible storm in here over the weekend! It was a great big tornado! Can you believe it? It knocked ALL the desks down!"

For a brief instant Danny was surprised with the news. But before his mind could even form a sense of "Wow! A tornado!" his skepticism took over. No, he could not believe it.

If there had been a tornado, why wasn't the building's structure damaged in any way? For that matter, why wasn't the rest of the school affected? Why was his teacher, sweet young Miss T., the only one who seemed to know anything about this "tornado"?!

He began to ask questions and to demand answers. Poor Miss T. thought she was going to teach a fun class focused on weather phenomena that day. Little did she know what she was really in for.

She couldn't answer all his pointed and specific questions, and finally broke down and told him the truth. She had done it all herself. The desks, the papers, everything. None of it was real. There was no tornado, and the windows had been shut all weekend, not a solitary wind had been allowed to get through. Danny begrudgingly helped his teacher clear up the papers and right the fallen desks.

Later that day, after school was over, Danny's mother received a telephone call from a frazzled and worried Miss T. Apparently, although previously adored by young Danny, he now held her in some kind of contempt.

"He just won't forgive me for lying to him," she said sadly.

He had lost all respect for her. After all, the truth was of utmost importance to him, and she had tried to mask it and form it her own way, and to keep the real truth from Danny. He had seen through her deceit and could no longer hold her in his esteem.

His mother couldn't help. "He just doesn't like to be lied to," she counseled Miss T. "There's no other way around it."

===

I love this story of my brother, and thought some of you NTs might enjoy it, too.

MBTI
    NICE

I enjoyed your most excellent tale (surely a story, rather than a tale?).

When I was very young one of my schoolfriends and I went back to his gaffe, after some post-educational shenanigans and found the living room window had been smashed.

His mother explained that some random passing idiot had put a brick through the window. As all the broken glass was on the outside I realised that she'd probably had an argument with her husband and one of them had started throwing stuff around.

I kept schtum - but wonder if this was right course of (in)action.

When I was in the first grade a had a tendency to make other childern cry.
    By claiming that entire Christmas/present thing is complete BS and and brutally planned lie. So that children act nicely while there is no real reason for that. Also I claimed that there is no Santa Claus and Easter Bunny. Also I claimed that the parent are those who are giving you the presents.
    My claimes created alot of tears but I still have no regrets about thing I have said. .

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Hey, me to. I used to steal their dinner money with menacing threats.

That was a nice little earner.

Glad it was enjoyed. Yes, yes, it was a story, not a tale. I liked the sound of "tale" for some reason, though. :P Thanks for the accurateness correction! Always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    I enjoyed your most excellent tale (surely a story, rather than a tale?).

When I was very young one of my schoolfriends and I went back to his gaffe, after some post-educational shenanigans and found the living room window had been smashed.

His mother explained that some random passing idiot had put a brick through the window. As all the broken glass was on the outside I realised that she'd probably had an argument with her husband and one of them had started throwing stuff around.

I kept schtum - but wonder if this was right course of (in)action.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

INTJs are so naive. Their priorities are all messed up.

Enjoyable story.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Haha nice story . When I was in Kindergarten we were visited by an old ambulance an were allowed to play in it. I waited for my turn to play with the big phone and when it was my turn some rude boy wanted to intercept. So we fought the deathmatch about it . The phone hit the windscreen by accident and broke it.

I looked around and saw, noone had noticed. So I ran . I hid in a hole we were digging at another place in the woods and covered my position with wood so it would look totally natural. They searched for me for like 5 hours and I finally gave up because I was starving .
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    By claiming that entire Christmas/present thing is complete BS and and brutally planned lie. So that children act nicely while there is no real reason for that. Also I claimed that there is no Santa Claus and Easter Bunny. Also I claimed that the parent are those who are giving you the presents.
    My claimes created alot of tears but I still have no regrets about thing I have said. .
    Haha I remember arguing with people at lunch one day in 1st grade that Santa didn't exist.
    I - 67% N - 62% T - 22% J - 56%

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Haha nice story . When I was in Kindergarten we were visited by an old ambulance an were allowed to play in it. I waited for my turn to play with the big phone and when it was my turn some rude boy wanted to intercept. So we fought the deathmatch about it . The phone hit the windscreen by accident and broke it.

I looked around and saw, noone had noticed. So I ran . I hid in a hole we were digging at another place in the woods and covered my position with wood so it would look totally natural. They searched for me for like 5 hours and I finally gave up because I was starving .
    Quitter.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

^^ :/ hunger is a worthy opponent
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]