• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] A Tale of an INTJ

maliafee

As a young six year-old in grade school, my INTJ brother was already a skeptic.

One Monday morning, he arrived in his first grade classroom to find the desks toppled and papers strewn about everywhere. He liked to get to class early, so he was the first one there.

It was just him and his teacher (we'll call her Miss T.), amidst a swirling mess.

"What happened?" he asked Miss T., wide-eyed.

"Oh, Danny," his teacher responded with alarm, "We had such a terrible storm in here over the weekend! It was a great big tornado! Can you believe it? It knocked ALL the desks down!"

For a brief instant Danny was surprised with the news. But before his mind could even form a sense of "Wow! A tornado!" his skepticism took over. No, he could not believe it.

If there had been a tornado, why wasn't the building's structure damaged in any way? For that matter, why wasn't the rest of the school affected? Why was his teacher, sweet young Miss T., the only one who seemed to know anything about this "tornado"?!

He began to ask questions and to demand answers. Poor Miss T. thought she was going to teach a fun class focused on weather phenomena that day. Little did she know what she was really in for.

She couldn't answer all his pointed and specific questions, and finally broke down and told him the truth. She had done it all herself. The desks, the papers, everything. None of it was real. There was no tornado, and the windows had been shut all weekend, not a solitary wind had been allowed to get through. Danny begrudgingly helped his teacher clear up the papers and right the fallen desks.

Later that day, after school was over, Danny's mother received a telephone call from a frazzled and worried Miss T. Apparently, although previously adored by young Danny, he now held her in some kind of contempt.

"He just won't forgive me for lying to him," she said sadly.

He had lost all respect for her. After all, the truth was of utmost importance to him, and she had tried to mask it and form it her own way, and to keep the real truth from Danny. He had seen through her deceit and could no longer hold her in his esteem.

His mother couldn't help. "He just doesn't like to be lied to," she counseled Miss T. "There's no other way around it."

===

I love this story of my brother, and thought some of you NTs might enjoy it, too.

:blush:

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
I enjoyed your most excellent tale (surely a story, rather than a tale?).

When I was very young one of my schoolfriends and I went back to his gaffe, after some post-educational shenanigans and found the living room window had been smashed.

His mother explained that some random passing idiot had put a brick through the window. As all the broken glass was on the outside I realised that she'd probably had an argument with her husband and one of them had started throwing stuff around.

I kept schtum - but wonder if this was right course of (in)action.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
When I was in the first grade a had a tendency to make other childern cry.
By claiming that entire Christmas/present thing is complete BS and and brutally planned lie. So that children act nicely while there is no real reason for that. Also I claimed that there is no Santa Claus and Easter Bunny. Also I claimed that the parent are those who are giving you the presents.
My claimes created alot of tears but I still have no regrets about thing I have said. .

maliafee

Glad it was enjoyed. Yes, yes, it was a story, not a tale. I liked the sound of "tale" for some reason, though. :p Thanks for the accurateness correction! Always appreciated. ;)

I enjoyed your most excellent tale (surely a story, rather than a tale?).

When I was very young one of my schoolfriends and I went back to his gaffe, after some post-educational shenanigans and found the living room window had been smashed.

His mother explained that some random passing idiot had put a brick through the window. As all the broken glass was on the outside I realised that she'd probably had an argument with her husband and one of them had started throwing stuff around.

I kept schtum - but wonder if this was right course of (in)action.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTJs are so naive. Their priorities are all messed up.

Enjoyable story.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Haha nice story :D. When I was in Kindergarten we were visited by an old ambulance an were allowed to play in it. I waited for my turn to play with the big phone and when it was my turn some rude boy wanted to intercept. So we fought the deathmatch about it :D. The phone hit the windscreen by accident and broke it.

I looked around and saw, noone had noticed. So I ran :D. I hid in a hole we were digging at another place in the woods and covered my position with wood so it would look totally natural. They searched for me for like 5 hours and I finally gave up because I was starving :D.

silversun

MBTI Type
INTJ
When I was in the first grade a had a tendency to make other childern cry.
By claiming that entire Christmas/present thing is complete BS and and brutally planned lie. So that children act nicely while there is no real reason for that. Also I claimed that there is no Santa Claus and Easter Bunny. Also I claimed that the parent are those who are giving you the presents.
My claimes created alot of tears but I still have no regrets about thing I have said. .

Haha I remember arguing with people at lunch one day in 1st grade that Santa didn't exist.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Haha nice story :D. When I was in Kindergarten we were visited by an old ambulance an were allowed to play in it. I waited for my turn to play with the big phone and when it was my turn some rude boy wanted to intercept. So we fought the deathmatch about it :D. The phone hit the windscreen by accident and broke it.

I looked around and saw, noone had noticed. So I ran :D. I hid in a hole we were digging at another place in the woods and covered my position with wood so it would look totally natural. They searched for me for like 5 hours and I finally gave up because I was starving :D.

Quitter.:ninja:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
^^ :/ hunger is a worthy opponent

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
I was constantly in trouble with the school and at home because when kids would fall down and cry I would laugh at them. It was terribly funny and they were wusses.

Also, that sounds just like what I used to do. The only jokes I find funny from teachers are the witty, sarcastic ones that involve some sort of aspect that isn't allowed in school.

^^ :/ hunger is a worthy opponent

Agreed. I used to hide so well in hide and seek that I would either pee my pants or get bored and leave. Also worked with fake sleeping.

I thought I was a stealthy cat ninja.

maliafee

When my brother and I chat on the phone, I can mostly keep up. Sometimes he gives me a little "bananatrombones"-type correction and it's really funny. Sweet even. That little wink is in the tone of voice, haha...