• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTP and ENTP are insecure

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Poor thread.

It never stood an effin' chance.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not insecure, in fact, I feel quite secure and self contempt.. I do appear insecure to some people sometimes though. As I have methods of dealing with things that are just slightly different then how others deal with things, and they can be wrongly interpretted as insecurity.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very. I accepted what I am long ago.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did. I'm very secure. I accepted what I am a long time ago and learned not to be tempted by insecure emotions, and instead utilize the areas that made me hesitant in the past function as a tool to better understand situations and then embrace them, without feeling insecure.

That better? :p

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I did. I'm very secure. I accepted what I am a long time ago and learned not to be tempted by insecure emotions, and instead utilize the areas that made me hesitant in the past function as a tool to better understand situations and then embrace them, without feeling insecure.

Please define "insecure emotions" vs "secure emotions"?

That better? :p

Frankly, no.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, when I was younger, being in new situations made me feel insecure, and I had to size up. Also with relations to other people I always felt very held back. At some point I just turned that around and still do the sizing up thing, but without the sense of insecurity that used to go with it. I don't fear the unknown any more, instead I've found that I quite enjoy the unknown. And feel secure and safe. Alone or not alone, doesn't matter anymore really. Not in the sense of security.

So ehm, secure emotions, don't think that is the right word... It's more that I don't get emotionally insecure anymore about new things, I can still get emotionally sad, happy, excited or whatever though, it isn't like I just stop from getting emotional.

I just lost the reason to have that feeling of insecurity. Broke through that mental blockade.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'd rather say that you feel less insecure than when you were an adolescent (Like everybody in fact). That's very different.

But you know, confidence is as much an illusion as insecurity is.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do see that it is an illusion. I just mean that I don't let my judgement become clouded by insecurity. And as far as I know, people stamp that as having confidence.

If you really want to talk about illusion. You could say ALL of psychology is just an illusion. It's all based on observations and given nametags. It just so happens that all these illusions do give us a better understanding on how we react in this world. And don't start with understanding is an illusion too. Because I'd have to agree. But you either want to do something with your life, or you don't. And if you do you seek for truth and answers, even though you know you will never really get them. You can at least be happy with knowing that you get closer.

I feel inclined to ask why this particular subject seems to agitate you so much..

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I feel inclined to ask why this particular subject seems to agitate you so much..

Why you asked?

You should be able to guess it, this should be pretty obvious by now.

But you know, self-denial, repressing or rationalizing things too much is often the basic step to neurosis.

Thank you for having played.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll be fine, thanks for your concern. :p

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'll do you one better. I disregard you.

But seriously... any individual of any type can be insecure. The common theme, if it's to be taken as correct information anyway, is that NTPs who've admited this here are insecure or non-NTPs know insecure ones personally.
well stated. its a rarity that i see an answer like this.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Author, try surviving when the world is hostile to you.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
We are quite secure. We often rationalize as much as we can, but the world is still screwed. Just don't attack our rationale and conclusions.