• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTP and ENTP are insecure

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think we're all insecure, somehow, even ENTJs.

Some will healthily acknowledge that fact, and smile at life nonetheless... and some will unhealthily deny it with their last drop of energy and blame others for their own fears.

Anyway. Ultimately, confidence or insecurity are only illusions of the mind.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Well your opinions are nice in theory but do not stack up to the reality of the entps I know. I've known these individuals for fifteen years and yes they do in fact seethe, lol, when their intelligence is questioned. In fact they do so the most when it is done by one of our group who is much more intelligent than they are. Also contrary to your theory, when putting on a "show" they do go after the weakest of the bunch. They seem to get a perverse joy out of completely dominating the poor bastard mentally.

Wait- here's a novel idea. Maybe anyone of any type can be insecure and it will just manifest differently dependant on the individual!

Actually no, they work. Both of what we're saying does. Mine doesn't stack up to the reality of what you know verses yours not matching the reality of of the ones I know. I just let my defense get the better of me, 'scuse me. The kind of ENTP I speak of are better developed individuals whereas the ones you speak of are not.

I agree @ insecurity manifesting differently, being dependant on the individual, I said it earlier.

Frank

Some will healthily acknowledge that fact, and smile at life nonetheless... and some will unhealthily deny it with their last drop of energy and blame others for their own fears.

Seconded

Frank

Actually no, they work. Both of what we're saying does. Mine doesn't stack up to the reality of what you know verses yours not matching the reality of of the ones I know. I just let my defense get the better of me, 'scuse me. The kind of ENTP I speak of are better developed individuals whereas the ones you speak of are not.

I agree @ insecurity manifesting differently, being dependant on the individual, I said it earlier.

I agree that the ones i know are lacking in certain areas of development but i do have to question the development of anyone who views others as lesser beings as you implied yours do.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I agree that the ones i know are lacking in certain areas of development but i do have to question the development of anyone who views others as lesser beings as you implied yours do.

I didn't say 'lesser beings' but when they're questioned by people with an obvious lesser intelligence.

LucrativeSid

I didn't read the previous 8 pages of this thread, and since someone has already said this, I don't think I'm going to.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
So I have been reading the threads and a common theme that emerges are INTP and ENTP are insecure especially INTP.

Let me know if you agree or disagee with me.
Insecure is about secure.
Nonsecure is not about secure.
It is independent of secure.

Only the dichotomy of a function brings about the shadow.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
of course, the need to be always right is itself an insecurity.
I admit i have these tendencies as all ntps does.
I never believe I am always right, but if I have to search for the proof and investigate, sometimes confrontation is inevitable. I am always open to new information because I don't believe in absolute truths.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hm.. I dated an INTP for 3+ years, and we're still pretty close. We're a -lot- alike, but he's definitely a lot more into theoretical things and always hungry for intellectual conversation. He's absolutely brilliant. Definitely has more intellectual depth (at least when it comes to science and money.. haha) than most 23-year-olds I've met. I'm not usually interested in the same things he is (I love science and math, but get bored with theory, which is what he likes), but I know he needs someone to listen to him, so I always do my best. He actually is insecure (NOT saying all INTPs are), but mostly because I think he feels like he can't relate to anyone. He can't find anyone to talk about all his interests with him, and thus feels lonely a lot. He often voices that he doesn't know what he wants out of life, or that he simply can't find his calling. So maybe if you met an INTP that -was- insecure, this may be a pretty legit reason?

Maybe I should get him on here to talk to all you other INTPs ;) Oh, and if you other INTPs have any advice for him, I'll be happy to relay it... :p

Tell him to do something crazy. seriously because then Ne just goes mental. Works better drunk.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
of course, the need to be always right is itself an insecurity.
I admit i have these tendencies as all ntps does.

Do you really feel the need to be always right?

Being attracted to knowledge and abstract systems doesn't necessarily equate with you being a pretentious jerk.

There's so many things yet to learn or decipher. How can we be possibly "right"?

Questions of questions of questions... Infinite loops of curiosity.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Would you be jealous, Peguy? :hi:

Why?

Could you be insecure?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
They are indeed insecure, given the right point of view

O

Oberon

The flexibility of P vs. the rigidity of J can leave an NTP feeling vulnerable. When you can see many paths at once and no basis on which to call one of them "right," it's hard to defend yourself in the face of criticism.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm still waiting for an answer as to what I'm supposedly jealous of. I mean seriously, I could use a good laugh about now.

Of our p-ness of course!!!!