• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTP and ENTP are insecure

G

garbage

I am sure the other types agree.

nope

But I will say that all J's are insecure. They just have that need to stick with their own point of view in the face of an ocean of information to the contrary. Clinging to their viewpoint doesn't do them any favors; they just stubbornly go down with the ship.

or yeah something like that

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
nope

But I will say that all J's are insecure. They just have that need to stick with their own point of view in the face of an ocean of information to the contrary. Clinging to their viewpoint doesn't do them any favors; they just stubbornly go down with the ship.

Wrong. lol

Ugh. Type stereoTypes. We have one being exposed in this thread yet not before it's buried another is necro'd to take its place.

When will they ever die? I summon Zeusonian thunder bolts to aid me in my Quest.

G

garbage

Wrong. lol

Ugh. Type stereoTypes. When will they ever die?

I don't know if you knew that I'm just kind of trying to prod at this guy and don't actually think that, but just in case there's any doubt in anyone's mind.. yeah, I don't think that.

J's need to develop a sense of humor.. especially the NTJs. Geez :doh:

Ruining a perfectly good set up. You Js are all the same.

Thank you!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
nope

I've actually found EPs to be more stubborn than EJs with most of my dealings, though I have found IJs to be more stubborn than IPs. Perhaps being someone that relies on Perception as a primary process makes someone more sure of their own answers, because they are less likely to critique their own ideas with rationale? Whatever the theory, my experience is the same (and of course, my experience could be misleading too).

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Ruining a perfectly good set up. You Js are all the same.

I don't know if you knew that I'm just kind of trying to prod at this guy and don't actually think that, but just in case there's any doubt in anyone's mind.. yeah, I don't think that.

lol Shit. I'm just hyper sensitive lately due to all the BS floating around this forum.

Carry on with your games, Ps.

G

garbage

I've actually found EPs to be more stubborn than EJs with most of my dealings, though I have found IJs to be more stubborn than IPs. Perhaps being someone that relies on Perception as a primary process makes someone more sure of their own answers, because they are less likely to critique their own ideas with rationale? Whatever the theory, my experience is the same (and of course, my experience could be misleading too).

You know who the most insecure and stubborn people are? ENFPs. They just.. need to be needed, and they're so stubborn about helping other people when they don't even have any problems! They pry and pry, and they guess at others' feelings.. and you know what? They're wrong about their guesses. But does that stop them? Noooo.. they just need to keep insisting that there's something wrong with you that they can help with as a way to cover up their own insecurities.

And they turn everything into a discussion of themselves. It's like.. get over yourself already!

lol Shit. I'm just hyper sensitive lately due to all the BS floating around this forum.

Carry on with your games, Ps.

it's okay buddy :hug:

p.s. i hope this is just a joke thread by now and i'm not derailing any serious discussion about how insecure xNTPs are

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
it's okay buddy :hug:

'Kay. GROUP HUG cuz I don't do singles and need to be smothered in order to let it happen.

p.s. i hope this is just a joke thread by now and i'm not derailing any serious discussion about how insecure xNTPs are

It turned into a joke after its christening.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ You do look rather wobbly in those heels, Mort.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think any type can be insecure. The difference is in how the insecurity manifests itself.

Frank

Go out of their way? It's more like you're in their way while it's happening and they might come off strong for the unprepared. As for proving how smart they are, it's moreso the quest to show how much smarter they are than you. You prove it to them and to yourself when it's over. Or they prove it to themselves because they're uncertain and uncertain you'll catch on, which is thrilling if you aren't. When they go out of their way, it's usually to disarm someone through Fe.

No. I've actually seen entps i know set up situations in order to display some form of cleverness. This usually occurs after a slight from someone else about their intelligence. You can see them seething whenever their intelligence is questioned. As far as being in their way, well they usually choose to go around me and on to an easier target.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
No. I've actually seen entps i know set up situations in order to display some form of cleverness. This usually occurs after a slight from someone else about their intelligence. You can see them seething whenever their intelligence is questioned. As far as being in their way, well they usually choose to go around me and on to an easier target.

Setting someone up doesn't mean they've gone out of their way to do it, though. It doesn't imply much effort, especially because it's fairly easy for them to do it--unless of course the target isn't easy and is good game. Or maybe they're incredibly bored. Eh. If they've got a handle on Fe they're slyer with their manipulation.

Seething? lol I doubt they'd care if their intelligence is questioned. I think what they'd care is that they're being questioned by someone of an 'obvious' lesser kind. But there is no seething. If they ever get irritated it's mostly against the object when they can't figure something/one out. They don't go after easier targets on principle. The thrill comes from obstacles. If you're easy prey or have become figured out, you're no longer interesting. They'll likely ignore you or prod you into making a big/ger fool of yourself (through Fe) just for a quickie laugh. And when finished with the quick n'easy bake, they'll toss the cake aside and ignore you for good.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So I have been reading the threads and a common theme that emerges are INTP and ENTP are insecure especially INTP.

Let me know if you agree or disagee with me.

Disagree.

ENTPs might want to be adored, but this isn't our life force.

INTPs might want to... be... um... looked up to... but... they're more than happy to be all INTJ-in-the-corner-alone-in-their-superior-thoughts-and-entertaining-themselves-with-it.

XNTPs.

N doesn't notice.
T sees past it.
P can flow with it, or from it.

invaderzim

MBTI Type
INFJ
INTPs are suppose to be critical. Their first function looks for inconsistencies and flaws. I found this on cognitive processes.com:

This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work. The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency. In so doing, we search for a “leverage point” that will fix problems with the least amount of effort or damage to the system. We engage in this process when we notice logical inconsistencies between statements and frameworks, using a model to evaluate the likely accuracy of what’s observed.

They're like mental termines... analyze an idea until it collaspes. I guess this can be taken the wrong way.