• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTP and ENTP are insecure

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm not insecure in the slightest. About anything. I can admit, and laugh, at my strengths and weaknesses equally. Don't know about the rest of xNTPs though.

chegra

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm not insecure in the slightest. About anything. I can admit, and laugh, at my strengths and weaknesses equally. Don't know about the rest of xNTPs though.

Well maybe its entp bordering on intp

BallentineChen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
The word insecure is so broad that I think OP needs to further define what he means. Insecure depending on what criteria? Financially, emotionally, ability, etc. And is being insecure in itself bad? I think insecurity has fueled a lot of accomplishment.

L

Lasting_Pain

The word insecure is so broad that I think OP needs to further define what he means. Insecure depending on what criteria? Financially, emotionally, ability, etc. And is being insecure in itself bad? I think insecurity has fueled a lot of accomplishment.

You have to be the smartest INFJ I have ever met on an internet forum. :worthy:

sculpting

My INTPs tend to be much less neroticlly insecure than the ENTPs. They sort of just stare at me and then go back to whatever they were analyzing. This is a problem as they fail to communicate with one another and thus information does not make it across the gaps. They also seem less attached to the ideas they generate.

(Although one of my favorites did point out that I am like a bolt that is lefty-tighty rather than righty-tighty. )

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I only get insecure about my insecurities when other types berate my need to berate others, calling it insecure.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Insecurity: the new something... that would define itself if only it weren't trying so hard... and revising itself constantly... and smelling like tacos...

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I love how the OP slapped an adjective to the whole population of -NTPs. As though every single person of the two types are insecure.

Surely it would make sense to say that everyone is entitled to their own insecurities, regardless of type?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No taco is secure around me, that's fer shure.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
So I have been reading the threads and a common theme that emerges are INTP and ENTP are insecure especially INTP.

Let me know if you agree or disagee with me.

I judge from their need to berate others not necessarily, anybody said their insecure.

Even talking about how logical you are, in it self is insecure.

You'll dont countersignal well.

But the question is when you ask yourself if you are insecure, what response do you get?

But I dont know INTP just seem insecure.
I am sure the other types agree.

Logics is a subcategory of the illogical

Hi.

I disagree with you.

Plox provide evidence for your claims.

Thank you and have a good day.

Frank

I don't really see this so much with the intps. They seem way too indifferent to the opinions of others to be thought of as insecure. A couple of the entps I know do seem overly concerned with being seen as witty and intelligent and will sometimes go out of their way to prove just how smart they are. I guess this is a form of insecurity.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
its not insecure as much it is the need to question stuff...when im in the middle of questioning and making up my mind about something, ill prolly appear insecure to you. then when my mind is made up and i have solid justifications for my beliefs, i would be running circles around you naked just to make you say im insecure.

thats the only reason applicable from a personality typing perspective. all other insecurities can exist for whatever self-worth issues. that said, unless its a body image issue, theoretically, NTPs should be able to think through an doubts they have. i can.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Insecure about what?

I know I have weaknesses, and I'm not ashamed of them. I actually think it's weird that so many people are.

People think I'm arrogant sometimes, but they overlook the fact that I admit to my weaknesses just as easily as I admit to my strengths.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
its not insecure as much it is the need to question stuff...when im in the middle of questioning and making up my mind about something, ill prolly appear insecure to you. then when my mind is made up and i have solid justifications for my beliefs, i would be running circles around you naked just to make you say im insecure.

thats the only reason applicable from a personality typing perspective. all other insecurities can exist for whatever self-worth issues. that said, unless its a body image issue, theoretically, NTPs should be able to think through an doubts they have. i can.

^^^ Agreeing with this.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
Frank said:
I don't really see this so much with the intps. They seem way too indifferent to the opinions of others to be thought of as insecure. A couple of the entps I know do seem overly concerned with being seen as witty and intelligent and will sometimes go out of their way to prove just how smart they are. I guess this is a form of insecurity.

Go out of their way? It's more like you're in their way while it's happening and they might come off strong for the unprepared. As for proving how smart they are, it's moreso the quest to show how much smarter they are than you. You prove it to them and to yourself when it's over. Or they prove it to themselves because they're uncertain and uncertain you'll catch on, which is thrilling if you aren't. When they go out of their way, it's usually to disarm someone through Fe.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Depends on the person, how well they know themselves, how self-assured they are?

I know people of different types who are insecure, who hide it in their own ways. Those who are more secure with themselves tend to show it the most, I think. They know how to communicate effectively.

When we're brave enough to be ourselves, it speaks confidence to me.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
By most definitions I can think of, I am insecure. However, just because I know it's true of me does not mean it is true of all INTPs and ENTPs, or all people that tend to be picky and critical.

Insecurity: the new something... that would define itself if only it weren't trying so hard... and revising itself constantly... and smelling like tacos...

I see what you're saying here...

...You want us to order tacos.