User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I think we're all insecure, somehow, even ENTJs.

Some will healthily acknowledge that fact, and smile at life nonetheless... and some will unhealthily deny it with their last drop of energy and blame others for their own fears.

Anyway. Ultimately, confidence or insecurity are only illusions of the mind.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Well your opinions are nice in theory but do not stack up to the reality of the entps I know. I've known these individuals for fifteen years and yes they do in fact seethe, lol, when their intelligence is questioned. In fact they do so the most when it is done by one of our group who is much more intelligent than they are. Also contrary to your theory, when putting on a "show" they do go after the weakest of the bunch. They seem to get a perverse joy out of completely dominating the poor bastard mentally.

Wait- here's a novel idea. Maybe anyone of any type can be insecure and it will just manifest differently dependant on the individual!
    Actually no, they work. Both of what we're saying does. Mine doesn't stack up to the reality of what you know verses yours not matching the reality of of the ones I know. I just let my defense get the better of me, 'scuse me. The kind of ENTP I speak of are better developed individuals whereas the ones you speak of are not.

I agree @ insecurity manifesting differently, being dependant on the individual, I said it earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post

Some will healthily acknowledge that fact, and smile at life nonetheless... and some will unhealthily deny it with their last drop of energy and blame others for their own fears.

Seconded

Quote Originally Posted by zarc View Post
    Actually no, they work. Both of what we're saying does. Mine doesn't stack up to the reality of what you know verses yours not matching the reality of of the ones I know. I just let my defense get the better of me, 'scuse me. The kind of ENTP I speak of are better developed individuals whereas the ones you speak of are not.

I agree @ insecurity manifesting differently, being dependant on the individual, I said it earlier.
    I agree that the ones i know are lacking in certain areas of development but i do have to question the development of anyone who views others as lesser beings as you implied yours do.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I agree that the ones i know are lacking in certain areas of development but i do have to question the development of anyone who views others as lesser beings as you implied yours do.
    I didn't say 'lesser beings' but when they're questioned by people with an obvious lesser intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post

I didn't read the previous 8 pages of this thread, and since someone has already said this, I don't think I'm going to.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by chegra View Post
    So I have been reading the threads and a common theme that emerges are INTP and ENTP are insecure especially INTP.

Let me know if you agree or disagee with me.
    Insecure is about secure.
    Nonsecure is not about secure.
    It is independent of secure.

Only the dichotomy of a function brings about the shadow.

of course, the need to be always right is itself an insecurity.
    I admit i have these tendencies as all ntps does.
    I never believe I am always right, but if I have to search for the proof and investigate, sometimes confrontation is inevitable. I am always open to new information because I don't believe in absolute truths.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I really think CJ99 hit on it. Just because someone doens't "fit" what we are "supposed" to be doesn't make them insecure.
    Yah!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    Hm.. I dated an INTP for 3+ years, and we're still pretty close. We're a -lot- alike, but he's definitely a lot more into theoretical things and always hungry for intellectual conversation. He's absolutely brilliant. Definitely has more intellectual depth (at least when it comes to science and money.. haha) than most 23-year-olds I've met. I'm not usually interested in the same things he is (I love science and math, but get bored with theory, which is what he likes), but I know he needs someone to listen to him, so I always do my best. He actually is insecure (NOT saying all INTPs are), but mostly because I think he feels like he can't relate to anyone. He can't find anyone to talk about all his interests with him, and thus feels lonely a lot. He often voices that he doesn't know what he wants out of life, or that he simply can't find his calling. So maybe if you met an INTP that -was- insecure, this may be a pretty legit reason?

Maybe I should get him on here to talk to all you other INTPs Oh, and if you other INTPs have any advice for him, I'll be happy to relay it... :P
    Tell him to do something crazy. seriously because then Ne just goes mental. Works better drunk.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!