• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] HELP ME CONSTRUCT AN ARGUMENT.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
:devil: It was fun arguing with the others on the board. Apologies for hijacking the thread when it was obvious you weren't looking to start a debate.

I think Into its right has the right idea.

There's very little chance that he'll change. While he may understand other point of perspective, it's not really going to affect his final decision on the matter. The best way is to target his core beliefs that support this...

a) His belief that the boy is emotionally mature enough. That the women is sane. Find evidence to contradict either statement.

b) Find a 'normal' adult-child relationship that reflects how individuals might feel after breaking up. Whether they feel exploited etc

It's difficult because... You're essentially asking him to view from the perspective that all adult/children relationships will be exploitive. What are his core beliefs that support the whole thing? Is it a let and let live mentality?

lol. Perhaps this could end up in gun violence somewhere down the line.

Snow Turtle

Kai, if you think that the child has a love which is so much more mature than his parents' and all of society's understanding, then I can see why you would disagree - because in your eyes, love conquers all. If you see nothing wrong with romantic relationships between adults and children (other than from social conditioning), then I am not going to convince you otherwise. I don't know your age, gender or background, but I truly hope that if you have children (now or in the future), that you protect them to the best of your ability. I'm not going to go any further with this conversation. Thanks for the honest sparring! :hug:

Thanks. The same goes for you. :hug:

It'll be a while before I have children but of course. I'm an ISFJ. xD
There's a huge difference between how I'll act and what I believe is ideal. Eitherway I'll take all the details into consideration if I need to guide my children.