User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default NT's emotional expression

Hi

I've just been reading through Happy Puppy's thread on ENTPs and emotions.

NT's are less likely to make decisions through emotions. I know several who also have issues expressing their emotions with one exception - they do anger....

Anger typically has 3 roots:
    • Axiety
    • Fear
    • Hurt

Does this resonate with other NT's - that anger is expressed instead of the emotional core? Is this because you seek emotional expression as week or undermining your image?

Interested in your thoughts...

Lis

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Hi

I've just been reading through Happy Puppy's thread on ENTPs and emotions.

NT's are less likely to make decisions through emotions. I know several who also have issues expressing their emotions with one exception - they do anger....

Anger typically has 3 roots:
    • Axiety
    • Fear
    • Hurt

Does this resonate with other NT's - that anger is expressed instead of the emotional core? Is this because you seek emotional expression as week or undermining your image?

Interested in your thoughts...

Lis

I thought anger stems from being mad, and Fear and Hurt steams from being scared

MBTI
    ENTP

No, anger is a manefestation of the other things - the mask that hides the true emotion.

Think of the last time you got angey - what caused it - often it's cause by something that is a threat....

L

Lasting_Pain

No, anger is a manefestation of the other things - the mask that hides the true emotion.

Think of the last time you got angey - what caused it - often it's cause by something that is a threat....

L
    my anger is caused by, irritation and annoyance. I would never get angry at someone because I was hurt or scared

Also do you mean anxiety? If so, I would never get angry because I was anxious.

MBTI
    ENTP

so what exactly constitues irrational or annoyance?

I've been reading Goldeman - and I so agree that anger is a manefections of the things above, it take a bit to unpick the anger but usually it's one of the three..

L

anxiety is often paranoia which is projected anger, so if it would transmute into the original anger it could be healed and clarity would remain. so naturally anxiety does not turn into anger, because the "natural" direction is disintegration, which is the opposite direction. however paranoid anxiety is like fear of fear, where the latter is identical to anger. that is to say, that anger is also like the different side of the coin of original anxiety. but this is ambiguous nature is only visible, if anger(=original anxiety) is already visible.

MBTI
    ENTP

anxiety can be expressed as anxiet of anger - if someone is hitting you buttons it makes you anxious - which is then often expressed as anger directly.

L

Lasting_Pain

anxiety can be expressed as anxiet of anger - if someone is hitting you buttons it makes you anxious - which is then often expressed as anger directly.

L
    I thought if someone was hitting my buttons it would be considered annoying or irritating

if someone threatens me, anxiety (and anger) are the natural reaction, unless if i were cool, which might be what Lasting Pain is referring to.
    being cool means, that the brain does not create the associations, that connect with implications.
    this way the thread does not become my "reality".

if someone pushes buttons, the anger is a projection .... its complicated.
    if you repress a quality, this constitutes a button.
    if someone claims, that you do not repress it hard enough ("I can still see it, you are an egotist") your immediate response is, to repress yourself even harder to keep the secret from yourself. this repression is threatening you. it might feel like someone is pulling your plug, sucking the electrolytes from you brain. you will drop unconscious. or you deflect the attention and make believe, that the accusation was wrong. this requires anger. this anger is usually available, except, when the questionable attribute is anger itself. if it is programmed, that you must not be angry and expansive and someone pushes the "you are being so angry and expansive" button, you can not display any expansive energy in defense. you will either become "depressive" or just drop dead, depending on how sensitive you are to your shadow.

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    if someone threatens me, anxiety is the natural reaction, unless if i were cool, which might be what Lasting Pain is referring to.
    being cool means, that the brain does not create the associations, that connect with implications.
    this way the thread does not become my "reality".

if someone pushes buttons, the anger is a projection .... its complicated.
    if you repress a quality, this constitutes a button.
    if someone claims, that you do not repress it hard enough ("I can still see it, you are an egotist") your immediate response is, to repress yourself even harder to keep the secret from yourself. this repression is threatening you. it might feel like someone is pulling your plug, sucking the electrolytes from you brain. you will drop unconscious. or you deflect the attention and make believe, that the accusation was wrong. this requires anger. this anger is usually available, except, when the questionable attribute is anger itself. if it is programmed, that you must not be angry and expansive and someone pushes the "you are being so angry and expansive" button, you can not display any expansive energy in defense. you will either become "depressive" or just drop dead, depending on how sensitive you are to your shadow.
    Lasting Pain is the King of cool