• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's emotional expression

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
WHOA! RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!!!!!

Except frustrated should be frustrated/confused.

Confused then frustrated for me usually but a combo a lot of the time. If I feel anxiety, I feel anxious. Hurt, I feel hurt and so on. Not angry.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
what is this "shame" thing you are talking about?

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
No, anger is a manefestation of the other things - the mask that hides the true emotion.

Think of the last time you got angey - what caused it - often it's cause by something that is a threat....

L

Is it? I realize mostly when I get angry- I mean angry- it has some roots in childhood issues and fears and the like, but I'm not sure if its all the time.

I get so mad at the inefficiency in my school's administration, from the people to the layout to the excecution. This, however, is definitely not my expression of fear or anziety or whatever- I know most of the world is like this, I wholeheartedly accept it. I am not afraid of inefficiency; I simply like to correct it. Is this "anger" a manifestation of some deep issue or simply an overestimation of frustration?

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
The last time I got angry, which must have been weeks ago, the emotion lasted for about 10 seconds. Even as a kid, I was incapable of staying angry.

Sometimes I wish I could stay angry for long periods of time ... it would be a great motivator. As it is, I just find my own anger to be ridiculous. Then suddenly I'm no longer angry.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, anger for me: frustration building and building until I finally succumb to screaming obscenities, while alternating harsh criticisms, for 30-45 seconds. Then after all that pent up emotion is released, I am done and back to normal wondering why everyone is looking at me like I'm a monster. So basically my anger comes from frustration. Frustration, for me, comes from not being heard or understood - or having to constantly repeat myself. I tend to get angry about once every 2 or 3 years at extremely obtuse people, usually ENFPs.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I get so mad at the inefficiency in my school's administration, from the people to the layout to the excecution. This, however, is definitely not my expression of fear or anziety or whatever- I know most of the world is like this, I wholeheartedly accept it. I am not afraid of inefficiency; I simply like to correct it. Is this "anger" a manifestation of some deep issue or simply an overestimation of frustration?

that sounds like you are anxious to get something concluded....

L