• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Who wants ENTP women?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ok, I understand.
Well, I guess I use the same technique, only starting from the "completely trusting" bias... If you earn my mistrust, you'll not lose it as easily.

Bay

i would date me
im not sure about a long term relationship though

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, from what's said about liking an ENTP just for them being different from 'normal girls' I can agree, well, usually ENTP women make me grumble ("Yes, you DO know more than me about practically everything, but you don't have to sound like it. Do you even realize you sound like it?") another I've recently met is more of a 'Hey, whatever man people are people. Now I'm going to go watch Star Trek.' kind of person. I can feel a click when we hang out and have random conversations. Since all of my friends in the past have been guys, her manliness keeps me from the normal discomfort around women. 'If I say something stupid, I KNOW she won't blow up in my face.'

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
The ones I know are typically toilet-papering trees and sitting outside people's houses in vans, giggling uproariously.

Sounds perfect. If the giggling isn't obnoxious.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
People here seem to suggest an ENTP women, or even a NT women in general is exactly what they want but like BlahBlahNounBlah suggested ENTP women usually defy the feminine stereotypes, maybe people suggest that's what they want but my reality suggests very few men can actually handle it let alone like it, most of the men I've ended up with have loved my independence, bluntness and lack of shame and then turned around and expected me to be more ISFJ like.

Oh god, yes.

I have a feeling that one thing that might repel people about NTPs in general is that they've likely had so many relationship failures that it's made them paranoid and cynical enough that no one wants to deal with someone who has all their past issues and hangups. So in other words, they get off to a bad start due to their unconventionality, and by the time they find people who can understand them, they're too messed up from trying to read subtle signs and compensate for their failures that they start seeing things that aren't even there, and can't genuinely trust or relate to anyone.

Of course, I don't really see why so many people dislike them, but then I'm not even attracted to women, so... who am I to judge, I guess? Maybe there's something inherent about the psychological nature of being attracted to women that makes ENTPs seem undesirable to such people.

I've never repelled anyone and I doubt many people dislike me or find me undesirable. I have had no relationship failures. I end things when they are not good. A failure would be to stay.

It is true that I am not palatable to all men, but I doubt any woman is. If you mean that NF men find me paranoid and cynical or whatever, I will totally agree with you, even though I am none of those things.

In the end I said him:
"Look, I have a crush on you. You can do whatever you want with it - turn me down now, accept me, but I just want you to know."

me too.

I'm not disliked, and I don't repel people (i'm referring to real life ... not this forum).

People are actually drawn to me, repeatedly, over and over and over. I just don't know that they understand the difference between what they're seeking and what they actually want.

Yeah. What she said.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For the most part, people's weak ego play a big part
They want what they cannot handle nor have

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't decide against anyone over something vague like that if I'm interested. When it comes to relationships I will let my emotions direct what I do, if I'm interested then I'll pursue it up until my head can make sense of things and see the discrepancies. If someone is interested in who they think I could be and that image is different to who I am then my interest will be lost pretty damn quick.

Nice. Makes sense.

Kinda but my perception isn't wrong, I know this because without being fake I don't show my real self if I don't feel right about my relationship with another person, I'll test the waters and reveal little things to gauge reactions, if they're not well met then I'll withdraw. I'm not deciding what the other person wants I'm seeing that I can't be myself around them as that's disapproved of and if I can't be myself then they can't be after who I actually am even if they say they are.

Okay - that really helps. Do you think there is space here for misinterpretation of the other person's reactions? Wouldn't a conversation be helpful too to understand where the other person may be coming from? I think this is hard for me as an ENFP because I am so willing to show myself (at least larger parts) and assume the other person is doing the same. Also, we do like to talk through everything - there is that :smile:

That's ENFPs.

Does not compute.

I might seem naive to an observer, only because I disregard details that many people tend to take very seriously. But the important part is this is a conscious decision. It's not based on ignorance, blind trust, or an assumption that people are fundamentally good. I don't trust anyone until they earn it, and I don't expect anyone to trust me until I do the same.

Yep. That is ENFPs to the hilt - at least applies well in my case. There is an inherent faith in basic human virtues. Those don't have to be proven to me. I'll assume that. This could lead to naivety. Living in a big city for a long time (the natural paranoia and skepticism that comes with it) helped alleviate some of the naivete for me!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kinda but my perception isn't wrong, I know this because without being fake I don't show my real self if I don't feel right about my relationship with another person, I'll test the waters and reveal little things to gauge reactions, if they're not well met then I'll withdraw. I'm not deciding what the other person wants I'm seeing that I can't be myself around them as that's disapproved of and if I can't be myself then they can't be after who I actually am even if they say they are.

This sounds like what I do...

Sounds perfect. If the giggling isn't obnoxious.

I suspect it can get that bad; then again, I suspect what they're giggling about would be worth that kind of obnoxiousness. :D

Bowie

MBTI Type
ENTP
In my experience, it's been NF types that seem to crawl out of the woodwork.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've never repelled anyone and I doubt many people dislike me or find me undesirable. I have had no relationship failures. I end things when they are not good. A failure would be to stay.

Well, I would agree with that. That's a better perspective. It's better to be the person who decides that it's time to move on, than to get dumped.
It is true that I am not palatable to all men, but I doubt any woman is. If you mean that NF men find me paranoid and cynical or whatever, I will totally agree with you, even though I am none of those things.

I wasn't talking about you, but there do seem to be plenty of INTP women (and men, for that matter) that end up sabotaging themselves that way, and some of what Trinity said gave me the impression that some of this might apply to ENTPs as well. It seems to be much less severe and common with ENTPs than INTPs, though.

You actually seem like a self-confident optimist to me. But you aren't a typical ENTP.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
You actually seem like a self-confident optimist to me. But you aren't a typical ENTP.

How are confidence and optimism atypical for ENTPs? :huh:

ENTPs are optimists. They tend to regard problems as personal challenges, and have little patience with those they consider wrong or unintelligent. However, they are often extremely genial and quite charming, when not being harassed by life in general.

Good at analysis, especially functional analysis, ENTPs have a tolerance for, and enjoyment of the complex. Enthusiastic, ENTPs are apt to express interest in everything, and thus unwittingly inspire others who find themselves caught up in an ENTP idea. The ENTP is the most reluctant of all types to do things in a traditional manner.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Optimistic and self-confident? Check and half check.
Goofy, random, impulsive and open? Check, check, check and check...
(There you go, stupid test that made me an INTJ! I can get the I thing, but J?!?)

Let's try to answer the question...
Who wants ENTP women? ESTJ men, apparently :-D

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Let's try to answer the question...
Who wants ENTP women? ESTJ men, apparently :-D

from my experiences... you seem to be very right! I always seem to be surrounded with ESTJ men who think I should be with them.
too bad I can't stand their S-ness (and they my N-ness) in the long term. it just doesn't work.

sculpting

I have determined that I love ENTP women. Not in bed though.

(Although they are likely better than ENTP men in bed. ENTP men are not very good in bed at all.)

I love ENTP women because their tertiary Fe is calming. Since I am an ENFP I quickly adapt to the people I am around emotionally, to fit them better. Thus ENTP women are actually quite stabilizing as I adapt to the lack of emo displays and stop displaying emo myself. ENFP women without much Te or other feelers actually can make me feel very anxious as I cant not absorb the emo they extrude. ENTP women feel very "normal" for me. Plus they are smart as fuck and we have good debate filled discussions.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm heterosexual, and ENTP's are currently at #1 spot on my 'Most Attractive Type' list, followed by INFP.

This is because I really like Ne, and the close letter proximity makes me feel more comfortable than with ENFPs.

The thing about ENTP's is that some are awesome squared, while others are douches.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Is there anyone who actively seeks ENTP women, or do you just somehow end up stuck with us by accident?

I feel like ENTP men have the advantage because they're better at fitting the male stereotype. Unfortunately, I'm not a lesbian, and I can't grow a penis.

Do any men sincerely get a boner for female ENTPs? Men who aren't constantly crying, I mean.

I do, and I dont cry either, I may be sensitive but I live by the Hemingway code. I like ENTP and INTP girls because they engage Intuition a lot and the conversations tend to be better in average because we
get each other".