• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Who wants ENTP women?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The current opinion seems to be:

INFJs - Yes.

ENFJs - Yes, despite their absence.

ENTJs - Yes, but no.

INTPs - More interested in each other

INFPs - Sex.

make that "two Yes's, one no" for the ENTJ... :D

musttry

MBTI Type
INFJ
I realize I don't have much social proof on this forum but this is of course a very interesting thread since my answer to the thread header is "I do!" So let me just redirect the convo…(unless it has already petered out). This is like market research but for your personal life!

I am actually pursuing an ENTP right now (my hopes aren’t high though ‘cause she’s Muslim and they tend to not like dating outside their ranks). She has been quite forward about her interest though (gawd I like that about NT women). What’s great about the interaction is that she just starts bla bla ing and Ne ing and then I just have to make one very sharp remark and that sends her off in another direction. Another thing is that she gets all flustered when I make an intuitive comment about who she is or what she should be doing. That’s fascinating! :wubbie:

The thought of ever being an INFJ's friend with benefits breaks my heart though. :( I feel like it would mean they saw into my inner self and found nothing worth keeping.

I’d just say that starting an actual relationship depends on so many more factors than personality and sex. So if you ever have a BFWB and it doesn’t go anywhere from there, it’s probably because of many other reasons. There might be situational hang ups and there could be attraction hang ups. Attraction is not only personality based, even if he has a glimpse into who you really are. I think people make up images of their ideal mate based on their experience and use it as a benchmark (and yes, I’ve adopted this idea from someone else). This image might include exterior things such as profession, class, hair colour, etc…

I mean, who wouldn’t be interested in someone who has an avatar of a villain punching Spiderman’s anus out!!!:-S

By the by, I LOVE Radiohead. ;-)

I don't think that not having Ni as a main thing doesn't allow me to see someone's inner self. That's something different. I usually have an emotional understanding of someone's "true self" or "inner self."

I’m with you on that. In fact, in the INF world, there is a great debate about how to differentiate INFJs from INFPs. So I’m guessing we’re really similar. You know what I wish I had, more Fi. J-sus I’d love to just freaking act out an extremely strong emotion instead of just getting intuitions about people. I find INFPs are so much more intense! Have you been to the INFJ and INFP forums?

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
I dunno, I got some NFs and an ISFJ after me before, but nothing really came of any of it. I wasn't really that interested in those guys in return, though I have had crushes on other NFs. I'm dating another ENTP right now - honestly I have no idea why he's attracted to me :D. Being a female ENTP in the dating scene is not an easy thing - at least if you're looking for a worthwhile relationship in the long-term. It's been my experience that many will try take a few personality characteristics and build a confining box from them to fit you in. I personally am all over the place - I can be almost feely, I can be a comedian, I can be hyper-logical, I can be right on the border between serious and not at any given time. It all depends on who I'm with and the environment we're in, and that can be really hard for some to pin down. It might sound like I'm some sort of actress putting on masks, but that's not it at all, it's difficult to explain. My only advice would be to just accept it all as a conglomerate and let me exist as I am. I'm sure some of us get tired of people misunderstanding us based off a few traits. I could imagine a lot of ENTP females give up on looking for serious relationships after a while in favor of short-term fun.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
entp women? i think that's "too much" for me to handle...
I'll stick with intp women as my favourite.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find INFPs are so much more intense! Have you been to the INFJ and INFP forums?

Intensity can be a good and bad thing. So can Fi.

If that question was directed at me the INFJ and INFP forums are both okay, but they are boring compared to this one. It's more of a good place to go and lurk to gain some information.

If you look at it INFPs and INFJs aren't similar at all, but we come to similar conclusions and go on a totally different path at getting to those.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
If you look at it INFPs and INFJs aren't similar at all, but we come to similar conclusions and go on a totally different path at getting to those.

Intriguing. What makes you say that?

tibby

MBTI Type
fool

Thanks for the thread link. :yes:

I was actually thinking what you mean with the bolded.

luisluis

MBTI Type
INTJ
i like the idea of an ENTP women, though i would probably be turned off if she happened to be sluty...

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i like the idea of an ENTP women, though i would probably be turned off if she happened to be sluty...

Oh, ok. Guess there’s only one thing to do *tones down the 'sluttyness' so no one's turned off* :smooch:

EDIT: Aww crap! *retracts the smooch*

L

Lasting_Pain

Sorry, but can someone catch me up what has been going on in the thread. Has she found love yet or what?

Qre:us

Bah, I just wish there was some I that I could really get along with you people, some trick, but I can never think of anything that would work for me.

You've figured it out, the 'trick', only issue is the 'for me' part. It personalizes the expectation out of an approach, and with such contingency, it's pre-determined for failure.

This was the key:
Most of the time my getting along with ENTPs is when they get on my level, when I get on their level it wears me down extremely quickly and I get very annoyed very quickly (with the whole not taking anything seriously thing).

In order then for an ENTP and INFP to get along, in your case, would be if the ENTP met you at YOUR level, but, you cannot meet at THEIR level. That's all well and good to accept as an observation, but, for personal application....

I tried this actually with an ENTP girl, it didn't work.

Did she refuse to/couldn't meet at *your* level?

Btw, half-way points....:yes:

Qre:us

I am actually pursuing an ENTP right now (my hopes aren’t high though ‘cause she’s Muslim and they tend to not like dating outside their ranks). She has been quite forward about her interest though (gawd I like that about NT women). What’s great about the interaction is that she just starts bla bla ing and Ne ing and then I just have to make one very sharp remark and that sends her off in another direction. Another thing is that she gets all flustered when I make an intuitive comment about who she is or what she should be doing. That’s fascinating! :wubbie:

Yeah...another INFJ lured like a moth to the flame. Check. I think, from my own anecdotal experience, it's the utter shock/intrigue of the ENTP's ridiculousness that attracts the INFJ (Ni+Fe).

The constant... :shock:+:doh:= :steam:/:wubbie: (always an either/or extreme, never is there a 'meh' with ENTPs)

Esp. because once asked, the ENTP always has a very sound 'method' behind her madness/tangents. Which appeals to the mature INFJ's Ti. It's the intensity of the unexpected, powered to the ^abstract, which really tickles the INFJ's Ni. And, in turn, the mature ENTP's Fe earns them brownie points in the INFJs book as a 'good person'. The commentary on the moral character which is so very important for INFJs.

INFJs are one of the most subdued, serious types (they seem to be like the mythological character Atlas), and, to have someone coming in, who, it seems, without sufficient caution, nor apparent 'seriousness' or forethought, starts to play catch with that great big 'ball' the INFJ has been burdened to hold forever, is like....."Did you..? You did NOT just come in and dare to touch that ball!" "NOO! Don't do that! You'll drop it!" followed by, "YOU IDIOT, see? You've dropped it!!!"

*pause*

"Huh, the world didn't end..."

ENTP (with nonchalance): You were worried? I could have told you that. :rolleyes:

As well, the INFJ male, in my case, seems to be tailor-made to match my assertiveness/straight-talking brashness, with his quiet magnitude in presence. I've never been made to be at a loss for words as with my INFJ. And, he does it with such subtlety that when my Ne finally connects the dots, it's like, 'wow, the layers........' He even likes firing up my Ne. Very hot. If anyone can have the patience for an ENTP female, it's the INFJ. And, there's a lot of patience needed. :doh:

I think, to the INFJs, we, the ENTPs 'seem to be most in need of 'saving', yet, the hardest ones to want to save from ourselves', and the entertaining circus that is our ENTPness

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Very well put Qre:us, that's definitely the case with the INFJ male to the ENTP female. I'm naturally attracted to saving someone from the mess that is their life, and ENTP women are the definition of that and the best pick to understanding another female, at least in my experience. I always know where they are coming from and can call them on all their crap!

INFJ's put the worlds problems on their backs...me included. ENTP's are filled with limitless ability and creativity, and need an INFJ to center their sometimes duplicitous extroverted life. Checklist, work on project, complete if time allows and at the same time start the new project........repeat.......