• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Who wants ENTP women?

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I personally hate Radiohead. Their music is too soft.

Yes.

Now to wait for more people who don't like Radiohead to post their reasons so I can agree with them, rather than posting my own reasons.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I've never listened to them, as the alternative rock/indie scene isn't really something I'm in to.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can say what you do and don't like in music, but you can't provide rationale for why.

The music I prefer, which is Death Metal, Viking Metal, Industrial Metal, Industrial, Techno, Electronic, Hard Rock, Power Metal, Symphonic Metal, Instrumental etc stimulates me more, and as you said a stimulus in my brain tells me that I like that better than Radiohead or the whole of Indie/Modern Rock. Of course I like lots of other music genres other than what I listed (a basic list off the top of my head was what that was), but you get the point.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've never listened to them, as the alternative rock/indie scene isn't really something I'm in to.

I don't really pay heed to the superfluous concept of "scenes".

Plox elaborate.

Hard to elaborate any further. You may be able to indentify what qualities of music seem good to you, but you cannot give a reason for why. Musical enjoyment is irrational. There is no rational reason for your responses to it, so you can't explain why you have the responses to it that you do. When people trying to explain why they like music, they usually just keep answering the "what"s without actually answering the "why"s.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
*Jiggles Costrin's vocabulator apparatus.*

I think it might be broken.

Yes.

No.

Yes....

No..

Yeno.

Hard to elaborate any further. You may be able to indentify what qualities of music seem good to you, but you cannot give a reason for why. Musical enjoyment is irrational. There is no rational reason for your responses to it, so you can't explain why you have the responses to it that you do. When people trying to explain why they like music, they usually just keep answering the "what"s without actually answering the "why"s.

True, but also kinda pedantic imo.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't really understand why anyone would lump a band into a category and then dismiss the category.

Who cares? If you like it, isn't that enough? Why does it need to meet some pre-determined criteria?

*looking at the types of the posters*

Oh ... right.

Walkman

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hmmm, I wonder if it takes an ENTJ to get INTPs, ENTPs, and INFPs to stick with a thread topic?

ENTJ = "cat herder"

Does A.D.D. come with being a "P"?

Oh well, talk amongst yourselfs ... it's actually kind of fun to watch ... in a weird way.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't really understand why anyone would lump a band into a category and then dismiss the category.

Who cares? If you like it, isn't that enough? Why does it need to meet some pre-determined criteria?

*looking at the types of the posters*

Oh ... right.

I don't do that. I've actually listened to Radiohead, they just don't appeal to me. I've also noticed that that genre of music in general doesn't really appeal to me.