• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Who wants ENTP women?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Considering your tone, I don't think I'd actively pursue a romantic relationship with you. Although that's just because I've never associated being confrontational as flirting. Seems like it would just tire me out after awhile.

I think this would be a problem for me.

That kind of flirting doesn't work that much for me either. I'd really rather it just not be that way. :(

And what you pointed out is a problem.

Bah, I just wish there was some I that I could really get along with you people, some trick, but I can never think of anything that would work for me. Most of the time my getting along with ENTPs is when they get on my level, when I get on their level it wears me down extremely quickly and I get very annoyed very quickly (with the whole not taking anything seriously thing).

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
^Yeah, just reading your posts wears me down, too. You're right, it would never work...

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
It's the undertone of judgment.

I keep waiting for the INFPs to punch me in the arm and say, "Just kidding!" but it never happens.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^Yeah, just reading your posts wears me down, too. You're right, it would never work...

Well oh well. I really do think that INFPs and ENTPs don't mix very well. I just don't. You make great friends (when I can tolerate you), but I don't think I'd want to go any farther. I tried this actually with an ENTP girl, it didn't work.

I keep waiting for the INFPs to punch me in the arm and say, "Just kidding!" but it never happens.

And it probably won't, like it was said before we generally approach life seriously. The only time I can say I get silly is around people that I trust and the situation calls for it.

^Edited for clarity.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
^I'm sure it's reciprocal. No harm, no foul - just keep moving on, right?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
And it probably won't, like it was said before we are generally serious around life. The only time I can say I get silly is around people that I trust and the situation is a bunch of fluff.

Just because I like to laugh and smile doesn't mean that shit isn't serious, it's just a way to take a step back. One question though, doesn't life suck like that? Are you truly saying that you need to develop a deep level of trust before you can crack a smile? Not being sarcastic - I'm truly fascinated...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^I'm sure it's reciprocal. No harm, no foul - just keep moving on, right?

Yes. What do you mean keep moving on though? I do agree with the no harm no foul part. This is how I get along with you guys, we have mutual respect for each other's opinions etc.

Just because I like to laugh and smile doesn't mean that shit isn't serious, it's just a way to take a step back. One question though, doesn't life suck like that? Are you truly saying that you need to develop a deep level of trust before you can crack a smile? Not being sarcastic - I'm truly fascinated...

No no no, not at all.

Maybe I need to word this differently, I'm tired at the moment. Hold on lol. -editing-

EDIT: I meant silly in an extreme sense, as in not taking anything seriously. I like to have a neutral viewpoint usually, and the serious parts of things mean more to me. But that silly side is there.

I think it's the approach to a topic. I approach in a serious sense, then depending on how it goes I will adjust accordingly and continue acting serious or act silly. It seems like we differ in this, that perhaps you approach things differently in this sense (I don't want to peg anything that isn't true, just what I've observed).

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6

Maybe he means that he doesn't see the humor in tragedy? :huh:

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes. What do you mean keep moving on though

I mean: if it doesn't work out with someone/something, you just move on to someone/something else without bitterness.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Oh, that would make more sense... Can't identify, but can understand. Thx.

I definitely feel incredibly sad about certain human behavior, but I always step back at the same time and look at it from an outsider perspective.

I joke about horrible things, but that doesn't mean I don't think the things are horrible. I think they're tragic and funny. Both. Not one or the other.

And this includes the horrible things that happen to me. It's everything ... the whole thing.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm running the risk of derailing my own thread, but do you guys get tired of taking everything so seriously all the time? Or do you actually enjoy doing that?

That's not a jab. I really want to know.

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
I'm running the risk of derailing my own thread, but do you guys get tired of taking everything so seriously all the time? Or do you actually enjoy doing that?

Of course not. Moral righteousness has its perks after all. ;)

Seriously, though, its just something that is. I can't really turn it off. Trust me, I've tried, and I always felt pretty bad afterwards.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

After I respond to what you just said I'll add something that is on topic.

I get tired of it when I beat a dead horse. When it's something familiar to me (trusted) then I don't have to be serious, of course taking into consideration the situation. Otherwise the approach feels natural to me. With my opinions I'm sure that I don't speak for everyone keep in mind, there are millions of other INFPs in the world. I feel like to get the real essence of something that I need to approach it in that way. Even if my opinions aren't true for anyone else, there is definitely something that makes us not mix too well in this relationship. I am just saying the things that don't work for me.

I think that a great match for ENTPs would be another NT, an ENFJ, an ESFP or an INFJ. Apparently ENTP-INFJ is a really good one.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
EDIT: I meant silly in an extreme sense, as in not taking anything seriously. I like to have a neutral viewpoint usually, and the serious parts of things mean more to me. But that silly side is there.

I think it's the approach to a topic. I approach in a serious sense, then depending on how it goes I will adjust accordingly and continue acting serious or act silly. It seems like we differ in this, that perhaps you approach things differently in this sense (I don't want to peg anything that isn't true, just what I've observed).

I just noticed this edit. ENTPs approach it both ways at once. At least I do.