User Tag List

First 384647484950 Last

Results 471 to 480 of 544

  1. #471
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Who DOESN'T want ENTP women? Or ENTP men, for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Fact. ENTP women are awesome.
    Online here =/= reality.

    People here seem to suggest an ENTP women, or even a NT women in general is exactly what they want but like BlahBlahNounBlah suggested ENTP women usually defy the feminine stereotypes, maybe people suggest that's what they want but my reality suggests very few men can actually handle it let alone like it, most of the men I've ended up with have loved my independence, bluntness and lack of shame and then turned around and expected me to be more ISFJ like.

    I'm sure there are some 'aware' people here who say that's what they want and actually understand what it means but I believe most say they do cause it 'sounds' good, they think an ENTP female would be a good fit for them theoretically but if they got it they'd wanna run away as fast as they freaken well could. Just read what the ENTP women write about relationships and it's not hard to understand why.

  2. #472
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    People here seem to suggest an ENTP women, or even a NT women in general is exactly what they want but like BlahBlahNounBlah suggested ENTP women usually defy the feminine stereotypes, maybe people suggest that's what they want but my reality suggests very few men can actually handle it let alone like it, most of the men I've ended up with have loved my independence, bluntness and lack of shame and then turned around and expected me to be more ISFJ like.
    Well, I think that's probably because they have one kind of preference for friends or casual relationships, and another type for long-term relationships. Unfortunately, ExxP women in general are seen as the ideal of short-term fun rather than someone they want to marry.

    I'm sure there are some 'aware' people here who say that's what they want and actually understand what it means but I believe most say they do cause it 'sounds' good, they think an ENTP female would be a good fit for them theoretically but if they got it they'd wanna run away as fast as they freaken well could. Just read what the ENTP women write about relationships and it's not hard to understand why.
    I have a feeling that one thing that might repel people about NTPs in general is that they've likely had so many relationship failures that it's made them paranoid and cynical enough that no one wants to deal with someone who has all their past issues and hangups. So in other words, they get off to a bad start due to their unconventionality, and by the time they find people who can understand them, they're too messed up from trying to read subtle signs and compensate for their failures that they start seeing things that aren't even there, and can't genuinely trust or relate to anyone.

    Of course, I don't really see why so many people dislike them, but then I'm not even attracted to women, so... who am I to judge, I guess? Maybe there's something inherent about the psychological nature of being attracted to women that makes ENTPs seem undesirable to such people.

  3. #473
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    I didn't read what other ENTP women wrote about relationships but...
    I'm happily married. It took a lot before I had a boyfriend, but in the end all was well.
    I tried to give my crush 'hints' like women should do according to tradition... nothing. In the end I said him:
    "Look, I have a crush on you. You can do whatever you want with it - turn me down now, accept me, but I just want you to know."
    His response?
    "Let's try."
    Afterwards I learnt he had had a crush on me for a long time, but he never realised I was interested in him (despite my clumsy hints). It had faded down and he wasn't interested in me at that time. We tried, became a couple, became engaged and married. We know that both of us can't understand hints, so conversations go like this.
    "Tamske, I really thought you would clean the house. You promised. I'm disappointed."
    Or:
    "Hubby, it's your turn to choose which food we'll buy for tonight."

  4. #474
    Senior Member BlahBlahNounBlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Of course, I don't really see why so many people dislike them, but then I'm not even attracted to women, so... who am I to judge, I guess? Maybe there's something inherent about the psychological nature of being attracted to women that makes ENTPs seem undesirable to such people.

    I'm not disliked, and I don't repel people (i'm referring to real life ... not this forum).


    People are actually drawn to me, repeatedly, over and over and over. I just don't know that they understand the difference between what they're seeking and what they actually want.

  5. #475
    Allergic to Mornings ergophobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    People are actually drawn to me, repeatedly, over and over and over. I just don't know that they understand the difference between what they're seeking and what they actually want.
    Do you usually err on the side of deciding against them because you assume they can't discern the difference. I ask because I've heard several ENTP women express this sentiment.

    At the opposite end, it seems like you're doing the deciding for both sides. You decide what you want (makes sense) and you decide what the other person wants and how it doesn't match what you offer (seems unfair and more a decision for the other person to make. How do you resolve the perceived gap?

    Trinity - thanks for linking back to the thread you had started. I added more.

  6. #476
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Do you usually err on the side of deciding against them because you assume they can't discern the difference. I ask because I've heard several ENTP women express this sentiment.
    What? What are you talking about?
    Aren't ENTPs supposed to be naive?
    Second-guessing other people's minds seem so alien to me. I trust everyone. If it doesn't work, we will find out sooner or later...

    PS. Answering the first post: my ESTJ husband is certainly no crybaby.

  7. #477
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, I think that's probably because they have one kind of preference for friends or casual relationships, and another type for long-term relationships. Unfortunately, ExxP women in general are seen as the ideal of short-term fun rather than someone they want to marry.
    I'm the one uninterested in marriage talks, there will always be guys looking for flings but I'm talking about the guys who are wanting a relationship. They are interested and want something serious however what they think they want and what they really want when they've got what they wanted are not the same. Not everytime, but most times.


    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I'm not disliked, and I don't repel people (i'm referring to real life ... not this forum).


    People are actually drawn to me, repeatedly, over and over and over. I just don't know that they understand the difference between what they're seeking and what they actually want.
    Yeah, that's how I feel about it.

    I have to try to understand why someone is interested in me as often it turns out to be because 'I'm not like other girls' and they're intrigued, that is fine for a fling or something short term but they seem to want to stick around and place expectation on me to be more like other girls, I don't even know if they're aware of it but it happens.


    Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post
    Do you usually err on the side of deciding against them because you assume they can't discern the difference. I ask because I've heard several ENTP women express this sentiment.
    I don't decide against anyone over something vague like that if I'm interested. When it comes to relationships I will let my emotions direct what I do, if I'm interested then I'll pursue it up until my head can make sense of things and see the discrepancies. If someone is interested in who they think I could be and that image is different to who I am then my interest will be lost pretty damn quick.


    At the opposite end, it seems like you're doing the deciding for both sides. You decide what you want (makes sense) and you decide what the other person wants and how it doesn't match what you offer (seems unfair and more a decision for the other person to make. How do you resolve the perceived gap?
    Kinda but my perception isn't wrong, I know this because without being fake I don't show my real self if I don't feel right about my relationship with another person, I'll test the waters and reveal little things to gauge reactions, if they're not well met then I'll withdraw. I'm not deciding what the other person wants I'm seeing that I can't be myself around them as that's disapproved of and if I can't be myself then they can't be after who I actually am even if they say they are.

  8. #478
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Aren't ENTPs supposed to be naive?
    Second-guessing other people's minds seem so alien to me. I trust everyone. If it doesn't work, we will find out sooner or later...
    That's ENFPs.

  9. #479
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Do you mean I am exhibiting ENFP behavior there?
    *Shrug*
    Well, it works for me.

  10. #480
    Senior Member BlahBlahNounBlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Aren't ENTPs supposed to be naive?

    Does not compute.


    I might seem naive to an observer, only because I disregard details that many people tend to take very seriously. But the important part is this is a conscious decision. It's not based on ignorance, blind trust, or an assumption that people are fundamentally good. I don't trust anyone until they earn it, and I don't expect anyone to trust me until I do the same.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] ENTP women! WHERE ARE YOU?!
    By myrow in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 08:18 AM
  2. [ENTP] entp women - dating
    By velocity in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 01:40 PM
  3. [ENTP] Who is the best partner in crime for ENTP women?
    By BlahBlahNounBlah in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 09:32 AM
  4. [ENTP] ENTP Men vs. ENTP Women
    By BlahBlahNounBlah in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 12:29 AM
  5. [ENTP] The oddest ENTP women ever...
    By sculpting in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 02:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO