• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Who wants ENTP women?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Is there anyone who actively seeks ENTP women, or do you just somehow end up stuck with us by accident?

I feel like ENTP men have the advantage because they're better at fitting the male stereotype. Unfortunately, I'm not a lesbian, and I can't grow a penis.

Do any men sincerely get a boner for female ENTPs? Men who aren't constantly crying, I mean.
Reading this made my day, thank you.

:wub:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I'm always wary of similar last letters (J + J, P + P). From what my ENTP friend in NY tells me, every time she dates another P, it always feels like nobody is willing to initiate anything. So in your case, it may end up being similar to the repeated scene from King of the Hill, where all the guys are just sitting in front of the fence saying "Yep... Mmhmm... Uhhuh".

I dated an ENFJ this year, and anything physical was awkward to the point of pain. The way I look at it is P's bring the playfulness, and J's bring the intensity. I think most of my better relationships have been with other P's.

-Russ

I like sitting in front of the fence saying "Yep... Hmhmm... Uhhuh".

As for initiating stuff. I find that extroverts in general get me in plenty of trouble (and in the process, fun).
Also, the people I get along best with in life are XNXP's.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Who DOESN'T want ENTP women? Or ENTP men, for that matter.

Argus

MBTI Type
ENTP
I would totally date an ENTP girl if she was wasn't too loud and obnoxious. Low E.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Yes, but the burning question is:

Where are they? Most sites I've looked at say they're only 1.5% of the female population... which is all kinds of fail...

The ones I know are typically toilet-papering trees and sitting outside people's houses in vans, giggling uproariously.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
The ones I know are typically toilet-papering trees and sitting outside people's houses in vans, giggling uproariously.

That brings back memories, it's TP season right now too.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Who DOESN'T want ENTP women? Or ENTP men, for that matter.

Fact. ENTP women are awesome.

Online here =/= reality.

People here seem to suggest an ENTP women, or even a NT women in general is exactly what they want but like BlahBlahNounBlah suggested ENTP women usually defy the feminine stereotypes, maybe people suggest that's what they want but my reality suggests very few men can actually handle it let alone like it, most of the men I've ended up with have loved my independence, bluntness and lack of shame and then turned around and expected me to be more ISFJ like.

I'm sure there are some 'aware' people here who say that's what they want and actually understand what it means but I believe most say they do cause it 'sounds' good, they think an ENTP female would be a good fit for them theoretically but if they got it they'd wanna run away as fast as they freaken well could. Just read what the ENTP women write about relationships and it's not hard to understand why.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
People here seem to suggest an ENTP women, or even a NT women in general is exactly what they want but like BlahBlahNounBlah suggested ENTP women usually defy the feminine stereotypes, maybe people suggest that's what they want but my reality suggests very few men can actually handle it let alone like it, most of the men I've ended up with have loved my independence, bluntness and lack of shame and then turned around and expected me to be more ISFJ like.

Well, I think that's probably because they have one kind of preference for friends or casual relationships, and another type for long-term relationships. Unfortunately, ExxP women in general are seen as the ideal of short-term fun rather than someone they want to marry.

I'm sure there are some 'aware' people here who say that's what they want and actually understand what it means but I believe most say they do cause it 'sounds' good, they think an ENTP female would be a good fit for them theoretically but if they got it they'd wanna run away as fast as they freaken well could. Just read what the ENTP women write about relationships and it's not hard to understand why.

I have a feeling that one thing that might repel people about NTPs in general is that they've likely had so many relationship failures that it's made them paranoid and cynical enough that no one wants to deal with someone who has all their past issues and hangups. So in other words, they get off to a bad start due to their unconventionality, and by the time they find people who can understand them, they're too messed up from trying to read subtle signs and compensate for their failures that they start seeing things that aren't even there, and can't genuinely trust or relate to anyone.

Of course, I don't really see why so many people dislike them, but then I'm not even attracted to women, so... who am I to judge, I guess? Maybe there's something inherent about the psychological nature of being attracted to women that makes ENTPs seem undesirable to such people.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I didn't read what other ENTP women wrote about relationships but...
I'm happily married. It took a lot before I had a boyfriend, but in the end all was well.
I tried to give my crush 'hints' like women should do according to tradition... nothing. In the end I said him:
"Look, I have a crush on you. You can do whatever you want with it - turn me down now, accept me, but I just want you to know."
His response?
"Let's try."
Afterwards I learnt he had had a crush on me for a long time, but he never realised I was interested in him (despite my clumsy hints). It had faded down and he wasn't interested in me at that time. We tried, became a couple, became engaged and married. We know that both of us can't understand hints, so conversations go like this.
"Tamske, I really thought you would clean the house. You promised. I'm disappointed."
Or:
"Hubby, it's your turn to choose which food we'll buy for tonight."

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Of course, I don't really see why so many people dislike them, but then I'm not even attracted to women, so... who am I to judge, I guess? Maybe there's something inherent about the psychological nature of being attracted to women that makes ENTPs seem undesirable to such people.

I'm not disliked, and I don't repel people (i'm referring to real life ... not this forum).

People are actually drawn to me, repeatedly, over and over and over. I just don't know that they understand the difference between what they're seeking and what they actually want.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
People are actually drawn to me, repeatedly, over and over and over. I just don't know that they understand the difference between what they're seeking and what they actually want.

Do you usually err on the side of deciding against them because you assume they can't discern the difference. I ask because I've heard several ENTP women express this sentiment.

At the opposite end, it seems like you're doing the deciding for both sides. You decide what you want (makes sense) and you decide what the other person wants and how it doesn't match what you offer (seems unfair and more a decision for the other person to make. How do you resolve the perceived gap?

Trinity - thanks for linking back to the thread you had started. I added more.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Do you usually err on the side of deciding against them because you assume they can't discern the difference. I ask because I've heard several ENTP women express this sentiment.

What? What are you talking about?
Aren't ENTPs supposed to be naive?
Second-guessing other people's minds seem so alien to me. I trust everyone. If it doesn't work, we will find out sooner or later...

PS. Answering the first post: my ESTJ husband is certainly no crybaby.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, I think that's probably because they have one kind of preference for friends or casual relationships, and another type for long-term relationships. Unfortunately, ExxP women in general are seen as the ideal of short-term fun rather than someone they want to marry.

I'm the one uninterested in marriage talks, there will always be guys looking for flings but I'm talking about the guys who are wanting a relationship. They are interested and want something serious however what they think they want and what they really want when they've got what they wanted are not the same. Not everytime, but most times.

I'm not disliked, and I don't repel people (i'm referring to real life ... not this forum).

Yeah, that's how I feel about it.

I have to try to understand why someone is interested in me as often it turns out to be because 'I'm not like other girls' and they're intrigued, that is fine for a fling or something short term but they seem to want to stick around and place expectation on me to be more like other girls, I don't even know if they're aware of it but it happens.

I don't decide against anyone over something vague like that if I'm interested. When it comes to relationships I will let my emotions direct what I do, if I'm interested then I'll pursue it up until my head can make sense of things and see the discrepancies. If someone is interested in who they think I could be and that image is different to who I am then my interest will be lost pretty damn quick.

At the opposite end, it seems like you're doing the deciding for both sides. You decide what you want (makes sense) and you decide what the other person wants and how it doesn't match what you offer (seems unfair and more a decision for the other person to make. How do you resolve the perceived gap?

Kinda but my perception isn't wrong, I know this because without being fake I don't show my real self if I don't feel right about my relationship with another person, I'll test the waters and reveal little things to gauge reactions, if they're not well met then I'll withdraw. I'm not deciding what the other person wants I'm seeing that I can't be myself around them as that's disapproved of and if I can't be myself then they can't be after who I actually am even if they say they are.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Second-guessing other people's minds seem so alien to me. I trust everyone. If it doesn't work, we will find out sooner or later...

That's ENFPs.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Do you mean I am exhibiting ENFP behavior there?
*Shrug*
Well, it works for me.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6

Does not compute.

I might seem naive to an observer, only because I disregard details that many people tend to take very seriously. But the important part is this is a conscious decision. It's not based on ignorance, blind trust, or an assumption that people are fundamentally good. I don't trust anyone until they earn it, and I don't expect anyone to trust me until I do the same.