• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP vs ENTJ: who is more powerful

ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

• ENTP

Votes: 75 36.4%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 131 63.6%

• Total voters

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
well, here you are kind of implying being P are lazy and stupid. Being a P will never get anything done and you need to be a J to accomplish things. Well, i am questioning you what is productive and what is not? Why do you think J are superior to Ps. You are also implying Ps would avoid doing anything and ENTJs are the only people putting their plans to action.

What is action then? Thats what I am asking you? As long as our body is using energy, it is taking action.

You can go guesss what the point of the story is. It has a double meaning.

I think you've mistaken my sentiment towards ENTPs. I don't believe there inferior, and I've not said anything of the sort. I think there wonderful at playing devils advocate. Haha. I'm a proponent of the belief that all types are equal but different.

ENTJs have strengths. ENTPs have strengths. They're not the same strengths. Js are planners by nature. In some sense you could interpret ENTJ to mean "rational people planners". I see a more accurate description of ENTPs as "rational people explorers". It's a different preference, which isn't task-oriented.

It doesn't mean ENTPs are lazy, or ENTJs arn't lazy.

And, it's not just about action, it's about strategic action. To me, strategic action means: an action taken in pursuit of a likely outcome. This is natural ENTJ territory. Which is not to say it's impossible for ENTPs, simply ENTJs are predisposed to thinking this way.

ENTPs tend to focus on enjoying the journey, while ENTJs focus on arriving at the destination.

I feel I'm being fair about this. But, I'll let other board members decide.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Please define "powerful".

Strength? Physical strength? Type's irrelevent
Ability to complete projects... meet goals/milestones? ENTJ
Inventor, genius? ENTP
Competition of leadership within the flock.
Competition of leadership btw two flocks.

Not an individual thing. An evolutionary program within the DNA.
Pure chemistry.
Garden variety, very boring.

What was useful has become a burden.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I think you've mistaken my sentiment towards ENTPs. I don't believe there inferior, and I've not said anything of the sort. I think there wonderful at playing devils advocate. Haha. I'm a proponent of the belief that all types are equal but different.

ENTJs have strengths. ENTPs have strengths. They're not the same strengths. Js are planners by nature. In some sense you could interpret ENTJ to mean "rational people planners". I see a more accurate description of ENTPs as "rational people explorers". It's a different preference, which isn't task-oriented.

It doesn't mean ENTPs are lazy, or ENTJs arn't lazy.

And, it's not just about action, it's about strategic action. To me, strategic action means: an action taken in pursuit of a likely outcome. This is natural ENTJ territory. Which is not to say it's impossible for ENTPs, simply ENTJs are predisposed to thinking this way.

ENTPs tend to focus on enjoying the journey, while ENTJs focus on arriving at the destination.

I feel I'm being fair about this. But, I'll let other board members decide.

This is a fair assessment. I have nothing to object against this.

Qre:us

Competition of leadership (1) within the flock.
Competition of leadership btw two flocks.

Not an individual thing.(1) An evolutionary program within the DNA.
Pure chemistry.
Garden variety, very boring.

What was useful has become a burden.(2)

(1)By insinuating LEADERship (one leading over other)...there MUST be an individual thing. Otherwise, it's contradictory. Or, you should specify talking of a theoretical utopian anarchist (or libertarian) society.

(2)Burden how?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
(1)By insinuating LEADERship (one leading over other)...there MUST be an individual thing. Otherwise, it's contradictory. Or, you should specify talking of a theoretical utopian anarchist (or libertarian) society.

(2)Burden how?
Competition for power has become a burden.
It is in the DNA. Chimpanzees, wolves and other natural animals.
What do you do to nature?
Nothing.

So sad.
We cannot realize our leftist anarchist utopian dream.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And, it's not just about action, it's about strategic action. To me, strategic action means: an action taken in pursuit of a likely outcome.

No no, you've got it all wrong; anything involving actions is clearly Se. You're an obvious ESFP, and don't try to tell me otherwise because everything you say will be interpreted as yet more evidence of your use of the functions I've just described, while conveniently ignoring any legitimate counterpoints contained therein.

:)

(2)Burden how?

Is your sig from some sort of awful attempt at a Japanese translation of Peter Pan?

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
No no, you've got it all wrong; anything involving actions is clearly Se. You're an obvious ESFP, and don't try to tell me otherwise because everything you say will be interpreted as yet more evidence of your use of the functions I've just described, while conveniently ignoring any legitimate counterpoints contained therein.

:)

Yes, it's irrelevant that ENTJs have Se as a tertiary function.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
so what next?
entp vs entj who is more cunning?
entp vs entj who gets all the chicks ? :laugh:

Competition for power has become a burden.

That's what I don't get. It's become? That would suggest that it wasn't before. And has become so now. And if you say that it's in our DNA (i.e., always was, has been, will)...I don't understand this concept of a 'new burden' of power. Can you clarify?

Is your sig from some sort of awful attempt at a Japanese translation of Peter Pan?

:holy: You saw that one too? The gay jap anime - When Pan's peter gets hooked

Why simu, I get to see more sides of you, with each new day. :wubbie:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:holy: You saw that one too? The gay jap anime - When Pan's peter gets hooked

Why simu, I get to see more sides of you, with each new day. :wubbie:

lol actually I didn't see it at all; I just guessed.

Don't worry; I really only have one side, since virtually everything I say and do is due to Se+Fi, apparently. =P

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I felt we lost honorably and completelu, ENTPs. We got massively pwned and we deserved this. :cheese:

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
That's what I don't get. It's become? That would suggest that it wasn't before. And has become so now. And if you say that it's in our DNA (i.e., always was, has been, will)...I don't understand this concept of a 'new burden' of power. Can you clarify?
It was different when we lived in caves. We were struggling for survival.
With the other beasts.
Now we are number one. We could live peacefully, in harmony with nature.
We don't.
We cannot realize our leftist-anarchist utopian dream. So sad.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
the entp because they have more friends?

It was different when we lived in caves. We were struggling for survival.
With the other beasts.
Now we are number one. We could live peacefully, in harmony with nature.
We don't.
We cannot realize our leftist-anarchist utopian dream. So sad.

Like Plato theorized, we're all in caves, we just don't know it. We're all in one form of 'cave'/cocoon/society (hence, social dynamics/tribe dynamics) with one another. Always was, always will be, as long as we're still social animals. egardless of the history of civilization. That has not been nullified with the extinction of the wolly mammoths.

We are number one, against other species, I agree, but, we're still vying for the spot of #1 amongst each other, and this is a tale as old as time. Competition (natural selection) within species. Nothing new to this, in terms of human species.

Drive, ambition.....payoff, power. It is our greatest motivation for survival and our greatest downfall. All rolled into one. The balance will the dreamt-of utopia.

Absolute, static, stable Balance is an utopian dream. A dream manifested in reality is anything but balanced, as soon as it becomes reality, balance is an ongoing process (not a result). Hence, pipe dream.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Like Plato theorized, we're all in Drive, ambition.....payoff, power. It is our greatest motivation for survival and our greatest downfall. All rolled into one. The balance will the dreamt-of caves, we just don't know it. We're all in one form of 'cave'/cocoon/society (hence, social dynamics/tribe dynamics) with one another. Always was, always will be, as long as we're still social animals. egardless of the history of civilization. That has not been nullified with the extinction of the wolly mammoths.

We are number one, against other species, I agree, but, we're still vying for the spot of #1 amongst each other, and this is a tale as old as time. Competition (natural selection) within species. Nothing new to this, in terms of human species.

utopia.

Absolute, static, stable Balance is an utopian dream. A dream manifested in reality is anything but balanced, as soon as it becomes reality, balance is an ongoing process (not a result). Hence, pipe dream.

I entirely agree with this. Power and survival is essential in the life of an organism. We all seek different forms of power in our daily lives.

And false, we do not have more friends. ENFJs have the most firiends.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Meh, I let my ENTJ's have the power, since they want it.
I just manipulate behind the scenes - they can have all the power they can eat, but just not over me. I'll work with them or for them cos I want to, and no other reason. Once they learn that, we tend to have fantastic relationships - working, platonic and romantic, all tried and tested here! :D

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Meh, I let my ENTJ's have the power, since they want it.
I just manipulate behind the scenes - they can have all the power they can eat, but just not over me. I'll work with them or for them cos I want to, and no other reason. Once they learn that, we tend to have fantastic relationships - working, platonic and romantic, all tried and tested here! :D

The sun and moon cannot share the same sky. Just as the tiger and the lion cannot share the same mountain. Thats my opinion anyway.

As to whether entj is the most powerful type in MBTI, they had yet to prove anything in this thread.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
*picks up Chevy Suburban and waves over head*

Who's powerful now, Cloud? :D