• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP vs ENTJ: who is more powerful

ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

• ENTP

Votes: 75 36.4%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 131 63.6%

• Total voters

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ENTJs.

In fact, the only way an ENTP can find employment, is if they befriend an ENTJ and get a good recommendation.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
ENTJs.

In fact, the only way an ENTP can find employment, is if they befriend an ENTJ and get a good recommendation.

Can you elaborate on this? I don't fully understand.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think powerful is the wrong word in the first place.

I work hard aswell for my studies and learn about new things in the cosmic whole enabling me to draw new relations between them and to think again about new things. From an ENTJ I suspect nothing less, only that he may be more concerned with getting something out of his efforts (what mustnt be money, but can be wisdom, knowledge or the affection of people).

The thing about being powerful always implies the ENTJ wants to be someone, who only seeks money, power and to rule a nation one day.

I actually came to get to know ENTJs as very socially adept people, who care a great deal about the human soul and have a clear morale combined with a good empathy concerning the motivations of others. Given for example babylon candles last post about the EQ of certain Feeler types, I found to be a great idea and a logical one at that.

I would say an ENTP is more prone to hit a dead end in understanding someone, because he approaches things to logical or theorethical, while an ENTJ is able to assess a given situation on a human-near basis I only know from istp, infj and enfp.

That's just my world though.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I think power if the right word here. The ability to influence is important to ENTJs. We are goal-oriented, but realize we need others to achieve big goals. Fundamentally a goal is an end, and power is the means. A healthy ENTJs see the ability to influence as a constructive tool.

There's a good thread about why NFs are drawn to MBTI. If we were to put the same question to ENTJs, the answer would be to gain a better understanding of ourselves and others for the purpose of increasing our efficiency to influence.

Power is a motivator for us. I'm not sure this can be said for ENTPs.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hmm, well thats intresting. Never thought about it that way.

Well ok then power is the right word. :)

I am never drawn to power but I have been and am often put in powerful positions. But basically I think that is because I am master of organization and able to keep track of a lot of small things going on at once.

In my new job, for example, those two guys working in the same department as I do for some years now, now after two weeks follow readily my judgement.

Though I dont intend to be in power, I am basically on this forum out of the same reasons; I seek better understanding to improve my knowledge. My dream would be to end up at the age of 60 with a long white beard spilling out wisdoms about life every two seconds :). Well something like that.

I was never aware of ENTJs intentionally seeking power, you are very good at hiding that fact :).

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
Hmm, well thats intresting. Never thought about it that way.

Well ok then power is the right word. :)

I am never drawn to power but I have been and am often put in powerful positions. But basically I think that is because I am master of organization and able to keep track of a lot of small things going on at once.

In my new job, for example, those two guys working in the same department as I do for some years now, now after two weeks follow readily my judgement.

Though I dont intend to be in power, I am basically on this forum out of the same reasons; I seek better understanding to improve my knowledge. My dream would be to end up at the age of 60 with a long white beard spilling out wisdoms about life every two seconds :). Well something like that.

I was never aware of ENTJs intentionally seeking power, you are very good at hiding that fact :).

Haha. If I go missing, ask the other ENTJs. They may not appreciate my honesty. :D

IMO ENTPs do make excellent leaders. I have definitely seen people follow them to success.

R

Riva

IF you mean getting things done to be the measure of power well it's a really hard guess because although both types are NTs they have COMPLETELY different ways of getting things done.

ENTJ.....................................................................................................................................................................

(1)ENTJ method is getting ahead of everything and EVERYONE(be the first) before the others could even think what is most important in a given circumstance. most other types would think this is a chore but for ENTJ it's like a reflex. it's not a chore for them, you see they are already ahead of you(literally).

(2)Their natural tendency to get things done fast, accurately and impeccably is helped by their long ranged thinking(N) with NO emotional interference. Thanks to this they know what is MOST required of a situation. And they do not do things just because someone(even a boss) tells them to do something.

(3)Thanks to ZEUS like qualities people naturally listen to them. because people easily notice people like that. i mean common -
They know what they are doing, they know how to do it right,they know why they are doing it, they know that you are wrong and they know that they are always right.

(4)Thus ENTJs gain their power.they always get ahead of others.
Therefor it should be noted that they are NATURALLY POWERFUL.(for them it is LIKE a reflex)

ENTP..........................................................................................................................................................................

(1)ENTPs on the otherhand gain their power on their remarkable ability to BEND every situation they get into because they see things and can connect things which have no apparent relationship to each other(Ne). That is not all, the best thing about them is they can use logic to prove and show their way to others(Ti), motivate them(Fe i think), and get things done.

(2)Thus ENTPs are powerful. they can see possibilities that others cant and have the ability to show it to you and motivate you.
Therefore it should be noted that ENTPs are Powerful only WHEN THEY WANT TO.(it is not like a reflex for them. It's only an option)
they are more opportunistic.

**********************************There is no winner****************************************************
But for the casual observer ENTJs are more powerful and ENTPs are more OPPORTUNISTIC.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
does opportunistic include the spontaneous need in public to get rid of the narrow pants ? :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I knew it ! :D

No your description was nice, I could never say it that way :)

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
My personal thoughts on this:

intelligence: could go either way

charisma: ENTJ

flexibilty: ENTP

leadership: ENTJ

contingency planning: ENTJ

What Shaula said on the previous page made sense to me.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
It really depends on how you wish to define "power".

Semantics aside, I'd reckon the ENTJ has the greater inherent ability to lead. The ENTP is often renowned for his superior intellectual dexterity.

Leadership v. Creativity

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
ENTJs.

Further: behind every great ENTJ is an ENTP. Licking furiously at his arse...

R

Riva

It really depends on how you wish to define "power".

Semantics aside, I'd reckon the ENTJ has the greater inherent ability to lead. The ENTP is generally renowned for intellectual dexterity.

Leadership v. Creativity

for your information ENTJs are extremely creative. and whats best abt it is they don't keep it in their heads, they implement their brilliant ideas in the best possible way. but they don't look as creative as ENTPs is because they don't find it USEFUL to express their ideas to others if they don't see a use for it.
i think this is because they don't have - Fe (not sure)

whereas ENTPs love expressing their ideas to others. this is like a hobby to them. and they are good at putting those ideas into other people's heads in the most interesting way.
i think this is because of - Fe (not sure)

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IF you mean getting things done to be the measure of power well it's a really hard guess because although both types are NTs they have COMPLETELY different ways of getting things done.

ENTJ.....................................................................................................................................................................

(1)ENTJ method is getting ahead of everything and EVERYONE(be the first) before the others could even think what is most important in a given circumstance. most other types would think this is a chore but for ENTJ it's like a reflex. it's not a chore for them, you see they are already ahead of you(literally).

(2)Their natural tendency to get things done fast, accurately and impeccably is helped by their long ranged thinking(N) with NO emotional interference. Thanks to this they know what is MOST required of a situation. And they do not do things just because someone(even a boss) tells them to do something.

(3)Thanks to ZEUS like qualities people naturally listen to them. because people easily notice people like that. i mean common -
They know what they are doing, they know how to do it right,they know why they are doing it, they know that you are wrong and they know that they are always right.

(4)Thus ENTJs gain their power.they always get ahead of others.
Therefor it should be noted that they are NATURALLY POWERFUL.(for them it is LIKE a reflex)

ENTP..........................................................................................................................................................................

(1)ENTPs on the otherhand gain their power on their remarkable ability to BEND every situation they get into because they see things and can connect things which have no apparent relationship to each other(Ne). That is not all, the best thing about them is they can use logic to prove and show their way to others(Ti), motivate them(Fe i think), and get things done.

(2)Thus ENTPs are powerful. they can see possibilities that others cant and have the ability to show it to you and motivate you.
Therefore it should be noted that ENTPs are Powerful only WHEN THEY WANT TO.(it is not like a reflex for them. It's only an option)
they are more opportunistic.

**********************************There is no winner****************************************************
But for the casual observer ENTJs are more powerful and ENTPs are more OPPORTUNISTIC.

i think we need to fairly wage one level of archetype vs the other. For example, here i think you've taken the MOST extreme ENTJ archetype and pitted it against a rather ho hum archetype of the ENTP: not a fair or accurate battle.

Most Extreme:
1. the ENTJ is Dr Doom powerful
2. the ENTP is the Joker powerful

edge: ENTJ

Medium Extreme:
1. the ENTJ, what he lacks in creativity, is made up for in insight and planning
2. the ENTP, what he lacks in planning, is made up for in creativity/luck

edge: draw

Least Extreme:
1. the ENTJ's insights arent that amazing, and his planning is no better than an ESTJs
2. the ENTP's planning REALLY fucks him over, and his creativity is hit or miss in actually doing something productive.

edge: slightly to the ENTP

so it all depends on what level of archetype we are talking.

PS im not sure about the most powerful, but I AM sure about the most evil type.:
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...what-s-most-evil-all-types-13.html#post579459

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
^^ Yes. But people associate evil with power.

R

Riva

i think we need to fairly wage one level of archetype vs the other. For example, here i think you've taken the MOST extreme ENTJ archetype and pitted it against a rather ho hum archetype of the ENTP: not a fair or accurate battle.

Whoa i didn't put my money on the ENTJs.
lol, the ho hum ENTP archetype is not that ho hum as you've grasped it to be.

and i have read your post(who is more evil) before and i agree... +100 to that. i have no comeback to that.