• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTP vs ENTJ: who is more powerful

ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

• ENTP

Votes: 75 36.4%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 131 63.6%

• Total voters

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The purpose of this thread is an investigation. We are here to investigate the strengths of both ENTJs and ENTPs, conduct an concrete analysis and make a comparison.

Why people are trying to prove they are more powerful than one another is a side effect I did not intend.

Okay, then define "powerful"?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You cant make him define powerful if he just pointed out other people tried to be more "powerful" over each other.

Thats like telling a blind man what he just pointed out wasnt red but blue -.-

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You cant make him define powerful if he just pointed out other people tried to be more "powerful" over each other.

Thats like telling a blind man what he just pointed out wasnt red but blue -.-

Don't you have hobbit herb to be smoking or something?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Naturally, ENTP's would be more powerful than ENTJ's.

Because ENTJ's scatter their power, while ENTP's only let loose on select few things.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Possitional power = ENTJ
Actual leadership/social bonding = ENTP

Different type of power

Nigel Tufnel

MBTI Type
ENTP
on average, a given entj will be more powerful than a typical entp, but an entp does much better during times of change which throw entj plans into the wind, this happened a lot in the late 90s when I saw many entjs, who are the least technical of all the NTs, thrown for a loop by the growth of the Internet, it was entp paradis

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I voted ENTJ.
I do not want that power. With it comes responsibility and all those other J thingies...

Wait... which power are you talking about?
Political power, leader of a company, etc... -> ENTJ.
The quantity "power" out of physics, the one measured in Watt -> ENTP.
We're great at doing lots of things (not necessary useful ones) in a limited amount of time.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
at the workplace, most companies are switching to a horizontal structure from a vertical one. This is messing with with the ExTJs cuz before what they said cariied authority...now it can be challenged more easily.

the ENTPs shine in such environments...talk to anyone any time, do things their way, a lot more freedom...

when it comes to learning stuff, ENTJs have an advantage in that they dont really need to like it in order to learn it...ENTPs are more controlled by their impulses and likes/dislikes

from what ive seen in dating/relationships, ENTJs go for someone they can control and adjust to their lifestyle. ENTPs are more about the potential of the relationship and how they can grow within it. dunno who the winner is...ENTJs probably have easier time with relationships while ENTPs must take their partners for a ride.

in group situations, more people tend to agree with the ENTP...probably cuz how they present stuff. ENTJ goes about things matter-of-factly and usually only appeals to XXTJs

thats what ive seen; from it, i draw that the ENTP can own ENTJ

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
ENTJ, is more usually more dominant because of their J, and the stronger it is, the more productive, and efficient, the more productive, means, getting a job, education, money, reaching the goals they aim for, in business and money, yes. They will reach goals faster in life and make quicker decisions and time equals money. Money=power. One way to look at it. or flip it...

ENTP is more powerful, because they can outsmart the ENTJ?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The duel has begun!

That's a great thread, my friend! If I become wealthy and powerful, which type will I become, an ENTP or an ENTJ? How much money and how many subordinates must I have to change my type to an ENTJ? What evidence of power would I need to present to accurately type myself as an ENTP? Also, why hasn't anybody posted a complete classisification list of all powerful people where they are regarded as either ENTJ or an ENTP. Why isn't anybody here urging all people who have ENT in their forum profile to change their type to something else!?

This is starting to look like http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nt-rationale/2619-intp-vs-entp-war-objectivity.html all over again. Our forum does recycle the idiocy of its past and does it ever! The fact that the previous thread attain over 300 replies and this one is well over 400 surely tells us something important and interesting about our community.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So basically enneagram 8's vs enneagram 7's?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

How about Zeus vs Aphrodite? What did you get on your Greek deity personality test? I bet you can get many people who say they scored ENTP on their test that they identified with the same Greek God, the same for those who say they are ENTJs.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
You can't compare two different things.
an entp can work with an entj and both will get exactly what they wanted out of the deal.
It's a quid pro quo commercial thing. And if the parties are smart enough to realise this they'll use it to their own advantage instead of trying to have "power" they define differently to begin with.

Take some new business project within a given company:
Within the dev team you have the entj who is willing to walk/work the extra mile and will work hard etc and get that 'project manager' tag by default and will do whatever is needed to bring the project to completion. the entj would probaby be good with the technical, legal aspects and would have an eye for details.

And the entp could get a nice 'outside consultant' sort of deal, probably work less hours, be less systematic helping out here and there and enhancing some ideas. If he rationalised the structure of the project they'd also be good at spotting what fits and what doesn't and how best to make the project fit into its economical environnement.

An entp would care more about the efficiency, cost/benefit ratio of their own investment in the project and the ability of the job to keep the mind on its toes while an entj would be more driven by the hierarchical and fiduciary gains and the ability to create something culturaly tangible (so services, companies, whatever)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTJ Power:

juggernaut3.jpg

ENTP Power:

2203527938_93866072e5_b.jpg

Get the world to pull your juggernaut or...
change the world.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ENTJ rules the boundary.

ENTP pushes the boundary.

Game over.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible

No, keep your bullshit generalizations to yourself.

The point of this thread is that ENTPs and ENTJs mix like oil and water, and I personally don't give a fuck about their authority when I see one.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Definitely ENTP, because I like the ego boost.

And that's the most sensible answer I could've given.