User Tag List

View Poll Results: ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

79 37.62%
  • ENTJ

131 62.38%
First 5678917 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Medium Extreme:
    1. the ENTJ, what he lacks in creativity, is made up for in insight and planning
    2. the ENTP, what he lacks in planning, is made up for in creativity/luck

edge: draw
    let me resolve this for you:

1. the medium types, do infact fall more on their secondary functions, thats why they are more moderate.
    This just replaces one contradiction with another. If medium types fall on their secondary function (which I don't really understand the logic of), but, we'll go with it, then........your original comment is contradictory to your subsequent one.

ENTP then would rely on their Ti, not, Ne, being of the 'medium' type...which would lead to.....creativity? Over Ne?

3. One who has no plan, is more at the whim of luck. ENTPs have such an ability to roll with whatever (creative way of 'living'), that it almost doesnt matter what happens, they will make it look "lucky". This is why being creative can often look like luck. Its like how random mutations can be selected for adaptations that appear very 'planned and adaptive'.

4. I would bet that EPs probably would rate themselves as being luckier than other types would, yes.
    Did I not tap into what you're said in that earlier post of mine, when I explained how you probably are meaning 'luck'?

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    You'd inevitably have to dig into what you really mean by 'luck', and, that would probably lead us towards discussion of opportunities (which, are created through insight and manipulation of a situation at hand - bending the environment to one's will versus bending to the environment).

OR, its the ability to move energy per unit of time

(or more simple, work/t)
    No contest (for once )

(and before you get pissy, ENTPs have many other talents).
    Yup, like humility and a quiet, harmony-seeking demeanor.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Sorry man, I trust some sources more than other, and rather than direct copy/paste (also known as 'lack of thinking' and if done deliberately, plagiarism), I try to word it in my own way.

Here's one, and it comes with reference/citations....imagine.

Feminist Perspectives on Power (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

*section 1
    [there are plenty of other sources, not just in that blurb of feminism - all within the same portal (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philsophy)]. Check with it.

Forgive me for trusting Standford Encyclopedia of Philosophy over Wikipedia. It's probably the elitist in me (not).:rolli:

But...um, thanks for that commendable effort. *two thumbs up!!*

Btw, I'll even elaborate on what I mean by change - and broaden it to mean 'an action'/an act.

Oh yeah, EDIT: FAIL!
    In this context, Cloud's definition is what we're talking about.
    R[a]ngl[e]r

Quote Originally Posted by Rangler View Post
    In this context, Cloud's definition is what we're talking about.
    I'm gonna call your bluff that you didn't even read my definition, nor the link from which I got 'my' definition, versus, that of cloud's (Wiki)...as I don't really see the contradition. Can you point me to how mine contradicts the Wiki link of cloud's? I'm...um...intrigued.

Hint: my commentary/criticism on cloud's link was not a challenge to his defintion, but, more to the fact that he missed the critical thought entailed within the definition provided by me, which is glossed over in Wiki/cloud's. Hence, my reply to his comment that I 'should provide a better definition' (i.e., his link pretty much said the same thing mine did, just with a more superficial summary - hence, the skepticism about using Wiki as a source and cloud's understanding [and it seems, yours as well] of what my definition posited).

3. One who has no plan, is more at the whim of luck. ENTPs have such an ability to roll with whatever (creative way of 'living'), that it almost doesnt matter what happens, they will make it look "lucky". This is why being creative can often look like luck. Its like how random mutations can be selected for adaptations that appear very 'planned and adaptive'.

(or more simple, work/t)

It is not we have no plan. we learn from experience and failure, which is far more fesible than following a plan that does not work in reality.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bougal View Post
    Maybe we aren't as evil as people claim we are. Maybe we are not hell bent on taking over the world. We can be forceful at times, but that doesn't translate into a desire to control everything. We don't claim to have this power and we don't claim to be invincible, so quit making assumptions that are not sound. A healthy ENTJ is a good leader, and I think that is a fairly indisputable characteristic. A well rounded individual (quite possibly an ENTJ) that was capable of using both hard and soft power would have the highest likelihood of world domination, but sure a well rounded individual would have no interest in that kind of power. And Hitler was no ENTJ.
    It is not a matter of whether you want to, it is more of an issue whether you have what it takes or power to do so

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    It is not we have no plan. we learn from experience and failure, which is far more fesible than following a plan that does not work in reality.
    I think ENTJs also learn from experience and failure (as do most people, regardless of type): it's called conditioning. What BabylonCandle was contrasting with plan for the ENTP is....improvisation. Which I agree.

Well, ENTJs abhor failure from my understanding, they would do anything to avoid randomness and black swarn phenomenon, They are sort of like intjs in this way.

Whereas ENTP would not, thet would learn how to deal with it and learn from the experience, even if there is nothing to gain.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post

Whereas ENTP would not, thet would learn how to deal with it and learn from the experience, even if there is nothing to gain.
    Isn't learning the gain?

Yea kind of.

for instance this is a difference between the type in a chess game

ENTP: have no plan, move randomly and slowly learn from experience and the changing circumstances

ENTJ: device a perfect plan for checkmate, and ruthlessly follow that plan, but cannot react when certain variables work against them.

so simple

when you hear 'powerful', you think ENTJ