User Tag List

View Poll Results: ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

    79 37.62%
  • ENTJ

    131 62.38%
First 2345614 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 356

  1. #31
    I'm a star. Kangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    My personal thoughts on this:

    intelligence: could go either way

    charisma: ENTJ

    flexibilty: ENTP

    leadership: ENTJ

    contingency planning: ENTJ

    What Shaula said on the previous page made sense to me.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

    "please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

  2. #32
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    It really depends on how you wish to define "power".

    Semantics aside, I'd reckon the ENTJ has the greater inherent ability to lead. The ENTP is often renowned for his superior intellectual dexterity.

    Leadership v. Creativity

  3. #33
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    ENTJs.

    In fact, the only way an ENTP can find employment, is if they befriend an ENTJ and get a good recommendation.
    Further: behind every great ENTJ is an ENTP. Licking furiously at his arse...

  4. #34
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Further: behind every great ENTJ is an ENTP. Licking furiously at his arse...

  5. #35
    I'm a star. Kangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Where's *MY* ENTP?
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

    "please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

  6. #36
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    It really depends on how you wish to define "power".

    Semantics aside, I'd reckon the ENTJ has the greater inherent ability to lead. The ENTP is generally renowned for intellectual dexterity.

    Leadership v. Creativity

    for your information ENTJs are extremely creative. and whats best abt it is they don't keep it in their heads, they implement their brilliant ideas in the best possible way. but they don't look as creative as ENTPs is because they don't find it USEFUL to express their ideas to others if they don't see a use for it.
    i think this is because they don't have - Fe (not sure)

    whereas ENTPs love expressing their ideas to others. this is like a hobby to them. and they are good at putting those ideas into other people's heads in the most interesting way.
    i think this is because of - Fe (not sure)

  7. #37
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    IF you mean getting things done to be the measure of power well it's a really hard guess because although both types are NTs they have COMPLETELY different ways of getting things done.

    ENTJ.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................

    (1)ENTJ method is getting ahead of everything and EVERYONE(be the first) before the others could even think what is most important in a given circumstance. most other types would think this is a chore but for ENTJ it's like a reflex. it's not a chore for them, you see they are already ahead of you(literally).

    (2)Their natural tendency to get things done fast, accurately and impeccably is helped by their long ranged thinking(N) with NO emotional interference. Thanks to this they know what is MOST required of a situation. And they do not do things just because someone(even a boss) tells them to do something.

    (3)Thanks to ZEUS like qualities people naturally listen to them. because people easily notice people like that. i mean common -
    They know what they are doing, they know how to do it right,they know why they are doing it, they know that you are wrong and they know that they are always right.

    (4)Thus ENTJs gain their power.they always get ahead of others.
    Therefor it should be noted that they are NATURALLY POWERFUL.(for them it is LIKE a reflex)

    ENTP.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................

    (1)ENTPs on the otherhand gain their power on their remarkable ability to BEND every situation they get into because they see things and can connect things which have no apparent relationship to each other(Ne). That is not all, the best thing about them is they can use logic to prove and show their way to others(Ti), motivate them(Fe i think), and get things done.

    (2)Thus ENTPs are powerful. they can see possibilities that others cant and have the ability to show it to you and motivate you.
    Therefore it should be noted that ENTPs are Powerful only WHEN THEY WANT TO.(it is not like a reflex for them. It's only an option)
    they are more opportunistic.

    **********************************There is no winner******************************************** ********
    But for the casual observer ENTJs are more powerful and ENTPs are more OPPORTUNISTIC.

    i think we need to fairly wage one level of archetype vs the other. For example, here i think you've taken the MOST extreme ENTJ archetype and pitted it against a rather ho hum archetype of the ENTP: not a fair or accurate battle.

    Most Extreme:
    1. the ENTJ is Dr Doom powerful
    2. the ENTP is the Joker powerful

    edge: ENTJ

    Medium Extreme:
    1. the ENTJ, what he lacks in creativity, is made up for in insight and planning
    2. the ENTP, what he lacks in planning, is made up for in creativity/luck

    edge: draw

    Least Extreme:
    1. the ENTJ's insights arent that amazing, and his planning is no better than an ESTJs
    2. the ENTP's planning REALLY fucks him over, and his creativity is hit or miss in actually doing something productive.

    edge: slightly to the ENTP


    so it all depends on what level of archetype we are talking.



    PS im not sure about the most powerful, but I AM sure about the most evil type.:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post579459

  8. #38
    Senior Member Rangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8
    Posts
    319

    Default

    ^^ Yes. But people associate evil with power.
    R[a]ngl[e]r

  9. #39
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Where's *MY* ENTP?
    Yeah she wants her ass licked too!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  10. #40
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    i think we need to fairly wage one level of archetype vs the other. For example, here i think you've taken the MOST extreme ENTJ archetype and pitted it against a rather ho hum archetype of the ENTP: not a fair or accurate battle.
    Whoa i didn't put my money on the ENTJs.
    lol, the ho hum ENTP archetype is not that ho hum as you've grasped it to be.

    and i have read your post(who is more evil) before and i agree... +100 to that. i have no comeback to that.

Similar Threads

  1. [JCF] INFJ vs INFP -- which is more forgiving?
    By JivinJeffJones in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-20-2017, 01:27 AM
  2. [NT] INTP vs INTJ - who is more manipulative?
    By tcda in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 05-11-2017, 08:57 AM
  3. INFP vs ISFP, who is more powerful?
    By Riva in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 01:22 PM
  4. Who is more hated...
    By Lateralus in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 01:49 PM
  5. Who is more hated...
    By Lateralus in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 08:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO