User Tag List

View Poll Results: ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

79 37.62%
  • ENTJ

131 62.38%
First 2533343536 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Who started the flame war? *facepalm*

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Given an ENTP, and ENTJ of relative stature - both are (equally) powerful, with the ENTP on a specific skillset, and the ENTJ on a specific command post.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

There is really no way of measuring either real power, even if we assume that both follow the generalized traits that are presented as theirs. Historically, both of them are capable of excelling at great lengths in whatever task they on take, whether it's maths, science, philosophy, leadership, innovation, engineering, and generally intellectual pursuits. The fact that ENTP's using TI seem more geared towards specialized academia does not rule out the fact that ENTJ's, who even with different "specific" skills are able to still accumulate just as many merits as ENTP's, even if their methodology uses an entirely different process.

If we are to measure how powerful these are, we must first define power. While power can refer to intellectual abilities, it traditionally refers to the amount of social influence one has, it should belong to another category. If we take it by that criterion, then most certainly ENTJ's on average are more powerful then ENTP's. Think of all the bankers, industrialists, politicians, military figures, leaders, and what else through out history, who've had tremendous influence on history and contemporary times, they almost all display traits which one would almost always associate with EXTJ's. In this case ENTP's are underrepresented, and thus less socially powerful at least, however they might be overrepresented in academia, since their type might be typically gravitating towards intellectual pursuits.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

...Ok, so I am 7 years late.
    But I have some things to say. First of all, I am an ENTP and my darling wife (ISFJ) is currently screwing me over by having an emotional affair with an ENTJ. It's a pretty full on relationship to be honest.
    Apparently ISFJ's have some sort of duality with the entj? Although other resources claim they are best suited to other types.
    But anyway, if you are simply asking who in general has more power, than the ENTJ is a clear winner. Speaking for myself, I have no desire for power. I don't like controlling people, I like to provide people with the necessary advice/wisdom to make the right decisions, and rarely ever use manipulation as a form of a control.
    For example, the only times when I really use manipulation is to guide someone to an understanding, not to an action of my choice...but I still have great manipulative skills if I choose to use them for evil. In fact, it is probably a good thing ENTPs dont like to control people, because our moral obscurity could lead to some pretty questionable behaviour.

What is clear is that the ENTP has to want the power, or it is a no contest. With that said, if we are talking about the full skillset of each type and their overall potential for power in a fight to the death, then the entp wins. From a strategic point of view, the ENTPs overall strategic plan for power is likely to be better - even if it is made up as they go - but the ENTJ will better at fine tuning their strategy and implementing it quickly.

The entp has no limits on the possibilities for power that exist in the world. The entp would have a better grasp of power in its many forms and be more creative in ways to achieve it. The ENTP would be obtaining types of power that the entj had never even thought or even knew existed ...and the entp would use the power to destroy the ENTJ with an ever adaptive counter strategy. The distinct advantage of understanding the surrounding environment quickly and in its entirety means that when an ENTP wants something and the motivation is there, they are very hard to stop.

In this case, destroying some dirtbag ENTJ who is hooking in with my wife would be suffice motivation...or perhaps even a bowel of delicious ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazaki View Post
    In this case, destroying some dirtbag ENTJ who is hooking in with my wife would be suffice motivation...or perhaps even a bowel of delicious ice cream.
    Those ENTJ bastards . . . give them hell.
    Likes Hard, JClassic liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ

True leaders utilize others people strength. THE ENTP will most likely work for the ENTJ. Of course ENTJ's are way more powerful.

ENTJs are more methodical but you can't have much power over someone who really doesn't care about your power trip nonsense.
    Likes SearchingforPeace, ZNP-TBA liked this post

On The blessblessblessblesster
    MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

mrw when someone replies to a 5 yr old thread
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Bilateral Entry View Post
    mrw when someone replies to a 5 yr old thread
    [IMG]
    It's interesting...these boards actually don't really mind necroing. In fact, it's outright encouraged to necro here if you've got something worthwhile to state. This is to avoid a million duplicate threads.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    It's interesting...these boards actually don't really mind necroing. In fact, it's outright encouraged to necro here if you've got something worthwhile to state. This is to avoid a million duplicate threads.
    I love that about this forum. One time the intjforum deleted my post for necroing my own thread (which was one month old). I haven't been back since.