User Tag List

View Poll Results: ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

79 37.62%
  • ENTJ

131 62.38%
First 233132333435 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

now that Im ENFJ. I have a confession to make:
    --when I was labeling as an ENTJ, I actually tested ENTP most of the time (not saying i was ENTP)
    --now that im no longer labeling as an ENTJ, I'd like to admit the ENTP superiority.

Mods, can we get my vote moved?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

It's what you say that matters in the end ! Tho my dog tags keep on reading entj aswell all the time I still rather like to play the drunk sniper clown in the company
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

ENTPs are more powerful on the internet.. that's worth something... right?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

If you have a wish for power, for sure
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't want power. Just eternal life. And a million descendants.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    If you say so.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm not sure how trust worthy the mbti is in general. I score ENTJ, ESTJ, INTJ, ENTP. There is a newer theory on this called cognitive styles. However in my experience ENTP's and ENTJ's are quite different. An ENTJ's power would probably be their pragmatic approach, and ability to sacrifice anything including their own souls to make their plans reality. Performance wise Im gonna have to go with an ENTJ. ENTP's on the other hand atleast seem to have better man skills. Their a little better at improvising and just running with it if you know what i mean. Ive met more than a few ENTJ's who seemed a bit uptight. And ENTP's seem to lack this weakness. Ive also noticed other ENTJs who seem to be more controlling and manipulative than me. Ive always enjoyed doing things on my own, without help from others. And a few ENTJs i know dont mind being dependent on others.

I'll define a of types strengths (I think that should be the term not power)

ENTJ- Task oriented/Performance machine/perfectionism/bulldozer/future oriented
    ENTP- More people oriented improviser/future oriented/arrogant/dynamic
    ESTJ- People/control oriented/Get shit done/here and now oriented/normal
    INTJ- Mastermind for a reason, Best plans, Incredible insight, less desire to control others

Their all powerful in different ways, although I believe mbti is rather momentary and people switch around quite a bit

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    Hey, I didn't win this National Trolling Championship '09 trophy for nothin'!

Quote Originally Posted by dbbag85 View Post
    I'm not sure how trust worthy the mbti is in general. I score ENTJ, ESTJ, INTJ, ENTP. There is a newer theory on this called cognitive styles. However in my experience ENTP's and ENTJ's are quite different. An ENTJ's power would probably be their pragmatic approach, and ability to sacrifice anything including their own souls to make their plans reality. Performance wise Im gonna have to go with an ENTJ. ENTP's on the other hand atleast seem to have better man skills. Their a little better at improvising and just running with it if you know what i mean. Ive met more than a few ENTJ's who seemed a bit uptight. And ENTP's seem to lack this weakness. Ive also noticed other ENTJs who seem to be more controlling and manipulative than me. Ive always enjoyed doing things on my own, without help from others. And a few ENTJs i know dont mind being dependent on others.

I'll define a of types strengths (I think that should be the term not power)

ENTJ- Task oriented/Performance machine/perfectionism/bulldozer/future oriented
    ENTP- More people oriented improviser/future oriented/arrogant/dynamic
    ESTJ- People/control oriented/Get shit done/here and now oriented/normal
    INTJ- Mastermind for a reason, Best plans, Incredible insight, less desire to control others

Their all powerful in different ways, although I believe mbti is rather momentary and people switch around quite a bit
    Well you're absolutely right that the tests are crap. Myers and Briggs tried to take complex Jungian ideas and simplify them into a 20-minute questionnaire. Unfortunately, Jung's cognitive functions are not really something that can be accurately tested, so it's impossible to take a test that can tell you your type. The only way you can find that out is by studying and reading about the functions.

You also make a good point that various types are powerful in different ways. When it comes to exerting the most wide-reaching socioeconomic, governmental or corporate control over others, though, I'm afraid we have to give the trophy to the ENTJs (with INTJs a close second.)

It's actually a myth that INTJs are less interested in controlling people--they're just really good at getting you to do what they want without you figuring out they're doing it.

You're also correct that there is a good amount of personal variation within each type. Two people of the same type can show vastly different characteristics depending on present conditions, past experiences and lots of other variables...but what unites them is their similar preferences for cognitive perspectives. The same cognitive preferences can lead to very different lifestyles, but there will be common threads in terms of the most basic conceptualizations of the self and its relationship to the external world.

I don't think people change type very often, though--they certainly do operate from different functional perspectives at different times, but in most cases Jung's models allow for this to happen without changing type.

If you want to get out of the kiddie pool you should move beyond MBTI and look at Jung
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

ENTJ by far! Come on.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

ENTP potentially and when they put their mind to it, but ENTJ appears moreso in normal day to day behaviour.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.