User Tag List

View Poll Results: ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

79 37.62%
  • ENTJ

131 62.38%
First 202829303132 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

"powerful" is too vague, I obviously want to vote for myself, but honestly each has their strengths and faults.

Mostly I just wanted to latch onto the quote

Contigency Planning: ENTJ hands down. The very concept of planning is foreign to an ENTP.
    This's not STRICTLY true... just rare. I do 'plan' to a degree... it's just I've learned over the years that my attempts at planning never ever work. When I try to plan, it's generally very strict assumptions, and anything unexpected will ruin it. As such, I've taken to just embracing the fact that I'm more than capable of handling things as they come, so instead, have a very loosely based plan which can suffer huge setbacks and still remain coherant because it's not much of a plan (ie: 'get monies' 'go to college' 'get work' etc, note that these're all rather excessively uhm... vague, so there's kind of no real direct plan as such in terms of the specific details).

Such is the planning style of the ENTP... it's not that planning "doesn't exist", it's just so vague it doesn't look like a plan to anyone else.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    "powerful" is too vague, I obviously want to vote for myself, but honestly each has their strengths and faults.

Mostly I just wanted to latch onto the quote

This's not STRICTLY true... just rare. I do 'plan' to a degree... it's just I've learned over the years that my attempts at planning never ever work. When I try to plan, it's generally very strict assumptions, and anything unexpected will ruin it. As such, I've taken to just embracing the fact that I'm more than capable of handling things as they come, so instead, have a very loosely based plan which can suffer huge setbacks and still remain coherant because it's not much of a plan (ie: 'get monies' 'go to college' 'get work' etc, note that these're all rather excessively uhm... vague, so there's kind of no real direct plan as such in terms of the specific details).

Such is the planning style of the ENTP... it's not that planning "doesn't exist", it's just so vague it doesn't look like a plan to anyone else.
    Love it! Sounds like my life plan. "Finish college" "teach something for a couple years" "go to law school" "get married at some point around here(HEAVILY negotiable)" "do something with a killer law degree", and then I'm blank from there on.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Intps...lol
    "You would lose your money," Sherlock Holmes remarked calmly. "As for the article I wrote it myself."

"You!"

"Yes, I have a turn both for observation and for deduction. The theories which I have expressed there, and which appear to you to be so chimerical are really extremely practical -- so practical that I depend upon them for my bread and cheese."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    The ones that are more interested in this, in that one type is more powerful than the other (in this case ENTJ vs ENTP) is the less powerful and thus more insecure one.
    Well, BlackCat, I am not interested in beating up an ENTJ to prove I am more powerful.

I am simply trying to understand where their delusions of world domination come from, when they simply can't even break the law. I am also trying to understand why they think they are the only type qualified to be an eight.

To understand an opponent's strength, you must first fight him and discover his tactics in the battlefield. Otherwise you can never learn what kind of power the opponent holds.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

deleted

ENTPs are just sexy, not really ulti like the ENTJ. ENTPs have nice butts.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    ENTPs are just sexy, not really ulti like the ENTJ. ENTPs have nice butts.
    0234 438 731 , gimme a call by chance. I like your style
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Yea kind of.

for instance this is a difference between the type in a chess game

ENTP: have no plan, move randomly and slowly learn from experience and the changing circumstances

ENTJ: device a perfect plan for checkmate, and ruthlessly follow that plan, but cannot react when certain variables work against them.
    I disagree with both characterizations.

(you and Synarch -- where do you get this ENTJ inability to handle the unexpected? ENTJs are almost as good at contingency planning as INTJ.)

This is based on read from page 1 to 10...couldn't make it through the rest. Damn these long threads.

MBTI
    XNTJ

ITA. Sometimes dislike of change is what makes people stronger because that's how they learn to put up a fight and not loose the things in life that
    matter.

The purpose of this thread is an investigation. We are here to investigate the strengths of both ENTJs and ENTPs, conduct an concrete analysis and make a comparison.

Why people are trying to prove they are more powerful than one another is a side effect I did not intend.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    The purpose of this thread is an investigation. We are here to investigate the strengths of both ENTJs and ENTPs, conduct an concrete analysis and make a comparison.

Why people are trying to prove they are more powerful than one another is a side effect I did not intend.
    Kane would kill you in an instant for that comment
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]