User Tag List

View Poll Results: ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

79 37.62%
  • ENTJ

131 62.38%
First 1234513 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

ENTJs.

In fact, the only way an ENTP can find employment, is if they befriend an ENTJ and get a good recommendation.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    ENTJs.

In fact, the only way an ENTP can find employment, is if they befriend an ENTJ and get a good recommendation.
    Can you elaborate on this? I don't fully understand.
    R[a]ngl[e]r

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think powerful is the wrong word in the first place.

I work hard aswell for my studies and learn about new things in the cosmic whole enabling me to draw new relations between them and to think again about new things. From an ENTJ I suspect nothing less, only that he may be more concerned with getting something out of his efforts (what mustnt be money, but can be wisdom, knowledge or the affection of people).

The thing about being powerful always implies the ENTJ wants to be someone, who only seeks money, power and to rule a nation one day.

I actually came to get to know ENTJs as very socially adept people, who care a great deal about the human soul and have a clear morale combined with a good empathy concerning the motivations of others. Given for example babylon candles last post about the EQ of certain Feeler types, I found to be a great idea and a logical one at that.

I would say an ENTP is more prone to hit a dead end in understanding someone, because he approaches things to logical or theorethical, while an ENTJ is able to assess a given situation on a human-near basis I only know from istp, infj and enfp.

That's just my world though.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8

I think power if the right word here. The ability to influence is important to ENTJs. We are goal-oriented, but realize we need others to achieve big goals. Fundamentally a goal is an end, and power is the means. A healthy ENTJs see the ability to influence as a constructive tool.

There's a good thread about why NFs are drawn to MBTI. If we were to put the same question to ENTJs, the answer would be to gain a better understanding of ourselves and others for the purpose of increasing our efficiency to influence.

Power is a motivator for us. I'm not sure this can be said for ENTPs.
    R[a]ngl[e]r
    Likes Florence Atley liked this post

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Hmm, well thats intresting. Never thought about it that way.

Well ok then power is the right word.

I am never drawn to power but I have been and am often put in powerful positions. But basically I think that is because I am master of organization and able to keep track of a lot of small things going on at once.

In my new job, for example, those two guys working in the same department as I do for some years now, now after two weeks follow readily my judgement.

Though I dont intend to be in power, I am basically on this forum out of the same reasons; I seek better understanding to improve my knowledge. My dream would be to end up at the age of 60 with a long white beard spilling out wisdoms about life every two seconds . Well something like that.

I was never aware of ENTJs intentionally seeking power, you are very good at hiding that fact .

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Hmm, well thats intresting. Never thought about it that way.

Well ok then power is the right word.

I am never drawn to power but I have been and am often put in powerful positions. But basically I think that is because I am master of organization and able to keep track of a lot of small things going on at once.

In my new job, for example, those two guys working in the same department as I do for some years now, now after two weeks follow readily my judgement.

Though I dont intend to be in power, I am basically on this forum out of the same reasons; I seek better understanding to improve my knowledge. My dream would be to end up at the age of 60 with a long white beard spilling out wisdoms about life every two seconds . Well something like that.

I was never aware of ENTJs intentionally seeking power, you are very good at hiding that fact .
    Haha. If I go missing, ask the other ENTJs. They may not appreciate my honesty.

IMO ENTPs do make excellent leaders. I have definitely seen people follow them to success.
    R[a]ngl[e]r

Riva

IF you mean getting things done to be the measure of power well it's a really hard guess because although both types are NTs they have COMPLETELY different ways of getting things done.

ENTJ.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................

(1)ENTJ method is getting ahead of everything and EVERYONE(be the first) before the others could even think what is most important in a given circumstance. most other types would think this is a chore but for ENTJ it's like a reflex. it's not a chore for them, you see they are already ahead of you(literally).

(2)Their natural tendency to get things done fast, accurately and impeccably is helped by their long ranged thinking(N) with NO emotional interference. Thanks to this they know what is MOST required of a situation. And they do not do things just because someone(even a boss) tells them to do something.

(3)Thanks to ZEUS like qualities people naturally listen to them. because people easily notice people like that. i mean common -
    They know what they are doing, they know how to do it right,they know why they are doing it, they know that you are wrong and they know that they are always right.

(4)Thus ENTJs gain their power.they always get ahead of others.
    Therefor it should be noted that they are NATURALLY POWERFUL.(for them it is LIKE a reflex)

ENTP.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................

(1)ENTPs on the otherhand gain their power on their remarkable ability to BEND every situation they get into because they see things and can connect things which have no apparent relationship to each other(Ne). That is not all, the best thing about them is they can use logic to prove and show their way to others(Ti), motivate them(Fe i think), and get things done.

(2)Thus ENTPs are powerful. they can see possibilities that others cant and have the ability to show it to you and motivate you.
    Therefore it should be noted that ENTPs are Powerful only WHEN THEY WANT TO.(it is not like a reflex for them. It's only an option)
    they are more opportunistic.

**********************************There is no winner******************************************** ********
    But for the casual observer ENTJs are more powerful and ENTPs are more OPPORTUNISTIC.
    Likes Florence Atley liked this post

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

does opportunistic include the spontaneous need in public to get rid of the narrow pants ?

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    does opportunistic include the spontaneous need in public to get rid of the narrow pants ?
    whatever it is, it is not trolling.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I knew it !

No your description was nice, I could never say it that way