User Tag List

View Poll Results: ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

78 37.50%
  • ENTJ

130 62.50%
Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ENTP vs ENTJ: who is more powerful

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Rangler View Post
    The only reason ENTPs might have an advantage on ENTJs, is that ENTPs rarely want something from us. However, most ENTJ plans require commitment from others. Therefor we don't have a lot of leverage on ENTPs.
    thats not true. when i want something done i need others to be a part of it. i don't need commitments. i guess that part is true. but i do need others.

ENTPs don't need to have the confidence that others are committed towards your goals. i think this is what you meant? ENTJs i have noticed need to have this sort of confidence.

Gotta catch you all! Array Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I think the real difference is that ENTJs create plans to do something. And, ENTPs create plans to avoid doing something.
    Not false.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8

Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    thats not true. when i want something done i need others to be a part of it. i don't need commitments. i guess that part is true. but i do need others.

ENTPs don't need to have the confidence that others are committed towards your goals. i think this is what you meant? ENTJs i have noticed need to have this sort of confidence.
    That's not really what I meant at all.

ENTJs fundamentally want something from others. And, in a negotiation, the one that wants the deal more is in a weaker position. ENTPs, at times, exploit this advantage perfectly because they don't want to commit to an outcome. Hence, the avoidance strategies, as mentioned above. And, their good at it. ENTJs feel ENTPs are the "evil" type because they're are the most effective challenger to our personality.

As to your point of seeking confidence, that's true to an extent. IMO.

I also think that ENTJs have a secret attraction to ENTPs. You always want what you can't have. Haha
    R[a]ngl[e]r

MBTI
    INTJ

Ehhh.. I've taken down a few ENTJs in my time.

(buffs nails)
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Ehhh.. I've taken down a few ENTJs in my time.

(buffs nails)
    Down where?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    entp

ENTPs are more chillin...theyll have more people support than ENTJs

ENTJs can try to manipulate people for what they want...realistically, and not based on rationalizations made on the internet, they can only manipulate people so far till people start realizing what the hell is going on...then all the credibility goes down the drain and ENTJs are left standing out in the rain.

ENTPs dont actually manipulate people consciously, it just ends up looking that way to the outsider...the person being 'manipulated' usually knows that he is in agreement with the ENTP even though the person's own principals feel a li'l stretched...so ENTPs cannot actually be called manipulative.
    that said, there are times when ENTPs just tell someone to do something and dont bother reasoning with them cuz they have already had the debate in their head and reached a conclusion

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Down where?
    Down into my gimp dungeon.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    ENTPs are more chillin...theyll have more people support than ENTJs

ENTJs can try to manipulate people for what they want...realistically, and not based on rationalizations made on the internet, they can only manipulate people so far till people start realizing what the hell is going on...then all the credibility goes down the drain and ENTJs are left standing out in the rain.

ENTPs dont actually manipulate people consciously, it just ends up looking that way to the outsider...the person being 'manipulated' usually knows that he is in agreement with the ENTP even though the person's own principals feel a li'l stretched...so ENTPs cannot actually be called manipulative.
    that said, there are times when ENTPs just tell someone to do something and dont bother reasoning with them cuz they have already had the debate in their head and reached a conclusion
    I agree with you a point. The difference really is: an unhealthy ENTJ manipulates, while a healthy ENTJ leads. And, yes there is a difference.
    R[a]ngl[e]r

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    entp

I agree with you a point. The difference really is: an unhealthy ENTJ manipulates, while a healthy ENTJ leads. And, yes there is a difference.
    i can understand that

but you can't be a leader and not step on a few toes. so a manipulative ENTJ viewed as a leader comes across as a leader because the shrewdness associated with manipulations can be covered under the umbrella of leadership.

that will only work with people whom the ENTJ is leading. what happens when ENTJ tries this with a higher authority?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

In the end power is just a definition

"Somewhere in the vast wide sea of the Atlantic Ocean a Captain steps down the ladder to the Engineering room. There the rather thin Captain finds three brawny oilily individuals playing poker.

The Captain: "Chief, have you finished the work on the leaking oil pipe ?"
    The Chief: "Nope."
    The Captain: "Why ?"
    The Chief: "We are playing Poker."
    The Captain: "And its not bugging you that all the oil totally ruins your card deck ?"
    The Chief: "No we are playing guess whats my deck Poker !"
    The Captain: "So who is winning ?"
    The Chief: "Its Jack, he always got 4 Aces, but we are subjecting him to cheating !"

The Captain sulks in despair and climbs again the bridge, awaiting the large and devastating sound of 4 5000 HP diesel cyclinders crashing into their metal casing.

Later at night, while the captain sits in a dark corner with his head on his knees luffing forward and backward, the Chief enters the bridge.

The Chief: "Hey cap we fixed the oilpipe."
    The Captain: "That's great Chief, yeah, you are my best man."
    The Chief: "See Cap, there is something I need to tell you..."
    The Captain *whispering in agony*: "Yes what is it?"
    The Chief: "Yea you know, um, we played cannonball on the 105 mm guns and... you are not mad about that are you ?"
    The Captain: "Of course not Chief go on"
    The Chief: "Yea well Jack noticed the Cruiser is drifting towards Jamaica and we thought about making a stop there to play some poker and get us some spare parts !"
    The Captain: "Can you fix the engines with these ?"

The Chief: "Of course cap, all good as fixed up. Jack is already working on our idea to dock our 5000 ton cruiser in the nearest fishing village !! Dont worry Cap, you are in capable hands !! ""
    Bad Santa
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen