User Tag List

View Poll Results: ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

    79 37.62%
  • ENTJ

    131 62.38%
First 91011121321 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 356

  1. #101
    Lasting_Pain
    Guest

    Default

    It is pretty close, so I voted for the ENTP.

  2. #102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    To this day, ENTPs still think they are inferior to ENTJs. If you are an ENTP and still thinking like this, you are beyond hope.
    I know this was tongue-in-cheek, but just working off this thought, I get the feeling that most ENTJs feel inferior to ENTPs while, at the same time, most ENTPs feel ENTJs.

  3. #103
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    I agree with the above.

    But what I mean't by aggression, is they are aggressive in their pursuits. They have a natural drive to get things done. I'm not referring to hostility (although they can be very hostile).

    ENTJ's are passionate about accomplishments. It's what they live for. ENTJ's are happiest when they have a goal/challenge, the more challenging this goal is, the better. They must conquer! Something - anything. And if an ENTJ fails? No matter, they dust themselves off and come back harder, seemingly fueled by their failure. They are RELENTLESS, because they love the struggle. It's sport for them. And there is nothing more thrilling for an ENTJ than taking a risk - the possability of losing is exciting.

    ENTP's are very driven when they want to be, but ENTJ's are just DRIVEN.
    I entirely agree.

    Mega Te makes you invincible. The stronger your J , the more powerful you become.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  4. #104
    Luctor et emergo Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    534

    Default

    My subjective opinion: ENTJs. Straight off.

    My objective opinion: from a lot of these posts, it seems as if most people are concluding that ENTPs basically have a drive when they want something, whereas ENTJs are simply naturally driven; that is, they cannot not be driven (I've seen the sentence "they cannot not lead" quite a few times before in ENTJ profiles - this is a similar thing).

    What this tells us is the difference between ENTJ and ENTP drive. It says nothing of who is actually more powerful. Generally, however, a natural inclination towards doing something means one (ENTJ) is more of something (powerful) than another (ENTP). Qre:us' claim that power is about the ability to bring about change would imply that ENTJs are stronger, since while ENTPs might have all these wonderful fantasies about change, and if they put their mind to it, they might actually bring it about, ENTJs are actually disposed to turn reality towards their worldview.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    It is pretty close, so I voted for the ENTP.
    That's an awful rationale!

  5. #105
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post

    What this tells us is the difference between ENTJ and ENTP drive. It says nothing of who is actually more powerful. Generally, however, a natural inclination towards doing something means one (ENTJ) is more of something (powerful) than another (ENTP). Qre:us' claim that power is about the ability to bring about change would imply that ENTJs are stronger, since while ENTPs might have all these wonderful fantasies about change, and if they put their mind to it, they might actually bring it about, ENTJs are actually disposed to turn reality towards their worldview.


    no offence, but BS in my opinion.

    You are assuming a perciever has less drive than a judger, and you are assuming that you are more powerful than your counterpart because you have a bigger ego. I am not going to waste time arguing with you. You can go home and think about it yourself.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  6. #106
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2

    Default

    ENTJ's statistically make more money....

    and they are more orderly....

  7. #107
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    I agree with the above.

    But what I mean't by aggression, is they are aggressive in their pursuits. They have a natural drive to get things done. I'm not referring to hostility (although they can be very hostile).

    ENTJ's are passionate about accomplishments. It's what they live for. ENTJ's are happiest when they have a goal/challenge, the more challenging this goal is, the better. They must conquer! Something - anything. And if an ENTJ fails? No matter, they dust themselves off and come back harder, seemingly fueled by their failure. They are RELENTLESS, because they love the struggle. It's sport for them. And there is nothing more thrilling for an ENTJ than taking a risk - the possability of losing is exciting.

    ENTP's are very driven when they want to be, but ENTJ's are just DRIVEN.
    drive, power, orderly, aggressive..... do they have anything to do with power.

    if power is simply described as the "power is the ability (and to what degree) to bring about change" does any of the above have got to do anything with it. yes aggression would drive you, drive would make you more well planned. but does it have anything to do with POWER?

    and by the way when it comes to organized ENTPs get the back seat. but when it comes to planning(scheming) we are second to none.

  8. #108
    Senior Member Rangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8
    Posts
    319

    Default

    I think the real difference is that ENTJs create plans to do something. And, ENTPs create plans to avoid doing something.
    R[a]ngl[e]r

  9. #109
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rangler View Post
    I think the real difference is that ENTJs create plans to do something. And, ENTPs create plans to avoid doing something.
    OUCH.

    not that ENTPs avoid. they see reasons why they should not be bothered. that's all.

    anyway when it comes to responsibilities, yes ENTPs avoid. but if an ENTP wants something they don't create plans to avoid doing something do they? then there is no difference between a ENTJ and a ENTP is there?

  10. #110
    Senior Member Rangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    OUCH.

    not that ENTPs avoid. they see reasons why they should not be bothered. that's all.

    anyway when it comes to responsibilities, yes ENTPs avoid. but if an ENTP wants something they don't create plans to avoid doing something do they? then there is no difference between a ENTJ and a ENTP is there?
    The only reason ENTPs might have an advantage on ENTJs, is that ENTPs rarely want something from us. However, most ENTJ plans require commitment from others. Therefor we don't have a lot of leverage on ENTPs.
    R[a]ngl[e]r

Similar Threads

  1. [JCF] INFJ vs INFP -- which is more forgiving?
    By JivinJeffJones in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 06-20-2017, 01:27 AM
  2. [NT] INTP vs INTJ - who is more manipulative?
    By tcda in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 05-11-2017, 08:57 AM
  3. INFP vs ISFP, who is more powerful?
    By Riva in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 01:22 PM
  4. Who is more hated...
    By Lateralus in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 01:49 PM
  5. Who is more hated...
    By Lateralus in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 08:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO