User Tag List

View Poll Results: ENTP vs ENTJ, who is more powerful?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTP

79 37.62%
  • ENTJ

131 62.38%
First 91011121321 Last

Lasting_Pain

It is pretty close, so I voted for the ENTP.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    To this day, ENTPs still think they are inferior to ENTJs. If you are an ENTP and still thinking like this, you are beyond hope.
    I know this was tongue-in-cheek, but just working off this thought, I get the feeling that most ENTJs feel inferior to ENTPs while, at the same time, most ENTPs feel ENTJs.

I agree with the above.

But what I mean't by aggression, is they are aggressive in their pursuits. They have a natural drive to get things done. I'm not referring to hostility (although they can be very hostile).

ENTJ's are passionate about accomplishments. It's what they live for. ENTJ's are happiest when they have a goal/challenge, the more challenging this goal is, the better. They must conquer! Something - anything. And if an ENTJ fails? No matter, they dust themselves off and come back harder, seemingly fueled by their failure. They are RELENTLESS, because they love the struggle. It's sport for them. And there is nothing more thrilling for an ENTJ than taking a risk - the possability of losing is exciting.

ENTP's are very driven when they want to be, but ENTJ's are just DRIVEN.
    I entirely agree.

Mega Te makes you invincible. The stronger your J , the more powerful you become.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

My subjective opinion: ENTJs. Straight off.

My objective opinion: from a lot of these posts, it seems as if most people are concluding that ENTPs basically have a drive when they want something, whereas ENTJs are simply naturally driven; that is, they cannot not be driven (I've seen the sentence "they cannot not lead" quite a few times before in ENTJ profiles - this is a similar thing).

What this tells us is the difference between ENTJ and ENTP drive. It says nothing of who is actually more powerful. Generally, however, a natural inclination towards doing something means one (ENTJ) is more of something (powerful) than another (ENTP). Qre:us' claim that power is about the ability to bring about change would imply that ENTJs are stronger, since while ENTPs might have all these wonderful fantasies about change, and if they put their mind to it, they might actually bring it about, ENTJs are actually disposed to turn reality towards their worldview.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    It is pretty close, so I voted for the ENTP.
    That's an awful rationale!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post

What this tells us is the difference between ENTJ and ENTP drive. It says nothing of who is actually more powerful. Generally, however, a natural inclination towards doing something means one (ENTJ) is more of something (powerful) than another (ENTP). Qre:us' claim that power is about the ability to bring about change would imply that ENTJs are stronger, since while ENTPs might have all these wonderful fantasies about change, and if they put their mind to it, they might actually bring it about, ENTJs are actually disposed to turn reality towards their worldview.

no offence, but BS in my opinion.

You are assuming a perciever has less drive than a judger, and you are assuming that you are more powerful than your counterpart because you have a bigger ego. I am not going to waste time arguing with you. You can go home and think about it yourself.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INTJ

ENTJ's statistically make more money....

and they are more orderly....

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    I agree with the above.

But what I mean't by aggression, is they are aggressive in their pursuits. They have a natural drive to get things done. I'm not referring to hostility (although they can be very hostile).

ENTJ's are passionate about accomplishments. It's what they live for. ENTJ's are happiest when they have a goal/challenge, the more challenging this goal is, the better. They must conquer! Something - anything. And if an ENTJ fails? No matter, they dust themselves off and come back harder, seemingly fueled by their failure. They are RELENTLESS, because they love the struggle. It's sport for them. And there is nothing more thrilling for an ENTJ than taking a risk - the possability of losing is exciting.

ENTP's are very driven when they want to be, but ENTJ's are just DRIVEN.
    drive, power, orderly, aggressive..... do they have anything to do with power.

if power is simply described as the "power is the ability (and to what degree) to bring about change" does any of the above have got to do anything with it. yes aggression would drive you, drive would make you more well planned. but does it have anything to do with POWER?

and by the way when it comes to organized ENTPs get the back seat. but when it comes to planning(scheming) we are second to none.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8

I think the real difference is that ENTJs create plans to do something. And, ENTPs create plans to avoid doing something.
    R[a]ngl[e]r

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Rangler View Post
    I think the real difference is that ENTJs create plans to do something. And, ENTPs create plans to avoid doing something.
    OUCH.

not that ENTPs avoid. they see reasons why they should not be bothered. that's all.

anyway when it comes to responsibilities, yes ENTPs avoid. but if an ENTP wants something they don't create plans to avoid doing something do they? then there is no difference between a ENTJ and a ENTP is there?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8

Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    OUCH.

not that ENTPs avoid. they see reasons why they should not be bothered. that's all.

anyway when it comes to responsibilities, yes ENTPs avoid. but if an ENTP wants something they don't create plans to avoid doing something do they? then there is no difference between a ENTJ and a ENTP is there?
    The only reason ENTPs might have an advantage on ENTJs, is that ENTPs rarely want something from us. However, most ENTJ plans require commitment from others. Therefor we don't have a lot of leverage on ENTPs.
    R[a]ngl[e]r