• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs and Humour!!!!!!!!

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I was reading through the INTJ humour thread and i found it insanely funny and totally different from other humour i've heard, so i thought it would be interesting to start a thread all about NT humour and how NTs differ in there humour!
Heres what i think:

ENTPs: Silly over the top random stuff that involves the people around a lot!
INTPs: Witty one liners and funny observations!
INTJs: Disturbing but funny observations that leave people wondering whether or not they were actually jokes!
ENTJs: Haven't met many or had a good taste of their humour so i can't say!

Cool

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmm the ENTP one seems aout true. I just love to make fun of people's mom.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm in agreement with INTJ humor.

at least that's what I find the funniest...

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
My favourite kind of humour is of the bone dry and biting variety.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I really, really love fake exaggeration of talents and abilities, as well as self-deprecation. Heavy sarcasm and dry humour is great too.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I really, really love fake exaggeration of talents and abilities, as well as self-deprecation. Heavy sarcasm and dry humour is great too.

Same. I remember when a friend and I were having a heated argument, I broke the tension with a, "You only want me for my body!" outburst.

I like feigning racism, sexism and other anti-PC topic for the shock effect. The more outrageous the better.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Same. I remember when a friend and I were having a heated argument, I broke the tension with a, "You only want me for my body!" outburst.

I like feigning racism, sexism and other anti-PC topic for the shock effect. The more outrageous the better.

Absolutely! Totally agree with the racism/sexism/hate bit. My exaggerated humor often plays into the exaggeration of my ideas and opinions as well, like you said.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ

Oh this is SO true (and so damned funny!). I have a Thai friend and the racial abuse we hurl at each other always leaves both of us breathless from laughter. He's always muttering "f***ing round eye" under his breath when I do something dumb. And I'm always trying to put the soles of my feet on him (a big insult in Thailand, apparently) and making the slant-eyes gesture at him. I'm also very familiar with Thai insults now, and am regularly called a 'water buffalo' (i.e. an extremely stupid person) and a shitlizard (he says this is a huge insult).

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree. My jokes can be quite a leap however, getting :shock: faces. I wonder how random and subjective I seem to others.

Yeah, I wonder what alot of other people are missing out on...

them with their silly lighthearted happiness and bunnies and flowers and the like. BAH. Even the brital massacre of said bunnis and flowers is pointless and lame, I prefer something like bunnies with the plague or a field of flowers the harbors some hideous disease and is used for valentines day giffts from shallow men looking to get laid.

which still isn't funny enough. :(

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Yeah, I wonder what alot of other people are missing out on...

them with their silly lighthearted happiness and bunnies and flowers and the like. BAH. Even the brital massacre of said bunnis and flowers is pointless and lame, I prefer something like bunnies with the plague or a field of flowers the harbors some hideous disease and is used for valentines day giffts from shallow men looking to get laid.

which still isn't funny enough. :(

You're right, it needs much more despair with the women becoming pregnant and having a miscarriage and/or give birth to a stillborn.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree. My jokes can be quite a leap however, getting :shock: faces. I wonder how random and subjective I seem to others.

You're right, it needs much more despair with the women becoming pregnant and having a miscarriage and/or give birth to a stillborn.

wow, you were able to wade through my typoes. lol.

anyway
And maybe the pain of birthing will cause her to bleed internally or something, but she'll be ok, just suffer tremendously for the rest of her life. Maybe she was the one that gave the flowers the disease in the first place; something really ironic like that would work out nicely.

L

Lasting_Pain

wow, you were able to wade through my typoes. lol.

anyway
And maybe the pain of birthing will cause her to bleed internally or something, but she'll be ok, just suffer tremendously for the rest of her life. Maybe she was the one that gave the flowers the disease in the first place; something really ironic like that would work out nicely.

I love how Nts have no borderline when it comes to telling jokes and giving remarks.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
I love how Nts have no borderline when it comes to telling jokes and giving remarks.

Its because we're impersonal and look at the situation purely as "plot" or from an objecticve standpoint, finding humor in the irony of the situation rather than the emotional context. (which isn't to say that emotion doesen't play a part- I find that the emotions the person/people feel only add to the situation.)

L

Lasting_Pain

Its because we're impersonal and look at the situation purely as "plot" or from an objecticve standpoint, finding humor in the irony of the situation rather than the emotional context. (which isn't to say that emotion doesen't play a part- I find that the emotions the person/people feel only add to the situation.)

Exactly, I always get mean stares when I say some of the things that I say. (lol)