• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Any other NTs have a Genius-Crush on Richard Feynman?

Usehername

On a mission
Man, I love this guy. I've read most of his books.

Anyone else just lust after his brain? heh. Seriously, though. Anyone? Feynman? Genius? Yes?

(His pranks are likely the biggest fave of mine. aah. Love that guy.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh I think he's a hottie! :alttongue:

I'll leave you two alone!

:wubbie:

(Interesting how you have a crush on a dead person.)

ygolo

My termites win

Anyone else just lust after his brain? heh. Seriously, though. Anyone? Feynman? Genius? Yes?

Feynman. Genius. Yes.

I want to be like him, not be with him. Still, I can see why a woman might. He was incredibly kind to his wife "Putsy" in his letters.

A lot of people want to think like Einstein, but I think Feynman had a lot more to teach us (by example and by instruction) about how to think than any other scientist.

I have a lot of his books. I want to get his series of undergraduate lectures, but they remain somewhat expensive (and my interestes have shifted a bit away from physics).

Which book is your favorite?

dorkilicious

MBTI Type
INTP
I think lots of people do think like Einstein. It's just that none of them were a part of the scientific community before he was.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj

:hi:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Technically, no. IQ ~ 125.

Gives hope to us all!

Just as I've been saying. An IQ is like religion -- it is devoid of much meaning, but you can use it to get others to listen to you.

OK Radio

MBTI Type
intj
I have a comical flowchart that addresses Richard Feynman. What is the best way for me to post a picture to these forums?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I have a comical flowchart that addresses Richard Feynman. What is the best way for me to post a picture to these forums?

You can attach it to your post by scrolling down whilst in the reply window and choosing "manage attachments," or you can upload it to Photobucket and copy the IMG tag underneath it, then paste it into your post. :nerd:

OK Radio

MBTI Type
intj
Ivy, I failed to include a picture using the MBTI forum tools. I did manage to upload the picture to the forum, but I cannot seem to make it a part of my message. I created a photobucket account to fix the situation. Enjoy.

what-would-richard-feynman-do.jpg

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Ivy, I failed to include a picture using the MBTI forum tools. I did manage to upload the picture to the forum, but I cannot seem to make it a part of my message. I created a photobucket account to fix the situation. Enjoy.

Yeah, when you attach it it looks like a thumbnail in the message- unless you follow the link, cut the URL, and put IMG tags on it in the message. I forgot to mention that part. :doh: Thanks for making that sacrifice for the good of the forum.

Also, that flow chart is wicked ahsome!

OK Radio

MBTI Type
intj
I saw no attachment code and even if I had, I would not have quickly thought to swap out the tags. My aversion to photobucket is inexplicable and perhaps unmerited. On the bright side, you liked the flowchart as did I.

InFlux

How could you have a crush on this man? Dead. Womanizer. Arrogant.

Ok, justified arrogance can be hot. But a theoretical physicist. Ick.

I always wondered what the fascination with him was. I had an exboyfriend who idolized him. I read the books - I was like, eh. Kind of like the thing about Brian Greene. (nice enough guy - but what's the fascination?)

ygolo

My termites win
How could you have a crush on this man? Dead. Womanizer. Arrogant.

Ok, justified arrogance can be hot. But a theoretical physicist. Ick.

I always wondered what the fascination with him was. I had an exboyfriend who idolized him. I read the books - I was like, eh. Kind of like the thing about Brian Greene. (nice enough guy - but what's the fascination?)

The dead part I don't understand, but I see women lusting after womanizing, arrogant men all the time. I thought that was the norm actually. There is even advice telling men to act more arrogant, and like they have a lot of women to actually become more attractive.

But I think Usehername was attracted to his intellect (I think),

Also, he was an excellent teacher, and apparently a kind father and husband.