User Tag List

123 Last

Riva

Default what ROLE does Se play in ENTJs?

Alright boys and girls the title says it all. I just need to learn about functions and you are gonna help me. no questions!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Ehm... Doesn't Se play the same role in all people? Noticing and interacting with the physical world around us...?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Ehm... Doesn't Se play the same role in all people? Noticing and interacting with the physical world around us...?
    Nah. Each type uses each function differently. An ESTP's and INFJ's use of Se are very different.

For ENJs, Se would be their tertiary, and supposedly operate at a child-like, naive level. It's also their relief function. And stuff....

imo.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Concerning the Mbti positionment of the functions, typelogic.com sometimes givse some ideas to think on:

Extraverted Sensing [ENTJ]
    Sensing reaches out to embrace that which physically touches it. ENTJs have an awareness of the real; of that which exists. By stilling the engines of Thinking and iNtuition, this type may experience the Here and Now, and know things not dreamt of nor even postulated in iNtuition's philosophy. Sensing's minor role, however, puts it at risk for distortion or extreme weakness beneath the hustle and bustle of the giants N and T.
    Socionics says the following, but of course function order is different there:

[edit] 6. Extroverted sensing
    LIEs actively pursue their external goals, to the sacrifice of their immediate considerations of comfort, but regularly experience periods of procrastination where they need prodding, a strong push, or forceful support from others to continue onward in the direction they have chosen.

LIEs admire people who do not back off from direct personal confrontations and who stand their ground; they aim at doing that and often succeed, but their stronger focus on means that their resolution in this regard is often weakened by thoughts of the possible negative consequences of such confrontations. Likewise, they admire, and try to emulate, persons who are resolute, even pushy towards others, when pursuing their goals. However, they are put off by persons who are overly aggressive and who seem to prefer to use verbal or physical aggression as a replacement of logical or ethical arguments, rather than as a support for them.

The focus of LIEs on and means that a strong motivation in their actions is of achievement in the longer term, either of a material or professional nature, most typically financial, over more short-term considerations.
    I myself dont know Jack about Se, got a few ideas but nothing trustworthy yet
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Let's please leave socionics out of this. This is MBTI, not socionics. In socionics, I use Se as a leading function, and it is very different to how it is in MBTI.

In MBTI, I have no idea how I use it.

MBTI
    ENTP

From my observations: a fall-back, when things go wrong, and not in a good way. That is, bouts of alcoholism, thrill seeking, casual sex and stuff like that, when they get super stressed and are not very healthy mentally in the first place. When they're on good form, then getting stressed makes them do lots of sports, preferably competitive sports, and take it way too seriously
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    From my observations: a fall-back, when things go wrong, and not in a good way. That is, bouts of alcoholism, thrill seeking, casual sex and stuff like that, when they get super stressed and are not very healthy mentally in the first place. When they're on good form, then getting stressed makes them do lots of sports, preferably competitive sports, and take it way too seriously
    I think you're onto something here. It makes them want to come out of withdrawal and do things in the world. It also makes them want to make the things they think about come into the real world, like projects etc.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

deleted

Te aids Se at least as much as Se aids Te.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    i completely disagree. ur describing an inferior function. Tertiary has many positive uses.

Manifestations of tertiary Se in the ENJs i know:

1. obsession with becoming physically strong/looking good (working out etc)
    2. may have "sensor-like" 'tastes' (i didnt coin this idea)
    3. may have random bouts of "I wanna build shit!" (wanna-be ISTP mode)

ENTJs are the SJs of the NTs not because they are into tradition, but because ENTJs are actually quite in tune with reality, society's norms of taste and the 5 senses.

For examples:

1. Im probably the most personally vain NT on this forum (lots of mirror time) ....though it still cant hold a candle to ESTP vainness.
    2. INTJ sibling accuses me of having "too much sensor music"
    3. I have random bouts of ISTP wanna-be-ness: sometimes i just get in the car, stick shift in hand, blasting music, power slide, rock the clutch, spin the tires etc.

As far as useful role, this demonstration should help:

INTP Ti Si = walking encyclopedia (any of them)
    INTJ Ni Fi = undying devotion to their pet intuitions (tesla)
    ENTP Ne Fe = poorly reasoned weirdness brought to the masses (Obama)
    ENTJ Te Se = Undying devotion to empiricism (factoid implementation and testing)

I should point out that on Vent, ThatGirl accused me of being an ESXP, because I wouldnt believe in her unsubstantiated claims without any evidence (silly ENTPs ). I would argue that tertiary Se can make us look like ESXPs due to our devotion to empirical proof.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    As far as useful role, this demonstration should help:

INTP Ti Si = walking encyclopedia (any of them)
    INTJ Ni Fi = undying devotion to their pet intuitions (tesla)
    ENTP Ne Fe = poorly reasoned weirdness brought to the masses (Obama)
    ENTJ Te Se = Undying devotion to empiricism (factoid implementation and testing)
    Poorly reasoned weirdness? I don't think so, but nice try.