User Tag List

First 123 Last

Modification if I may, in order to clean the playing field of subjective bias:

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post

As far as useful role, this demonstration should help:

INTP Ti Si = walking encyclopedia (any of them) undying devotion to Solipsism or Fallibilism [depending on how one sees the utility of Si] (the skeptics)
    INTJ Ni Fi = undying devotion to their pet intuitions (tesla) undying devotion to rationalism
    ENTP Ne Fe = poorly reasoned weirdness brought to the masses (Obama) undying devotion to constructivism
    ENTJ Te Se = Undying devotion to empiricism (factoid implementation and testing) oddly enough, no change...what was your type again?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Poorly reasoned weirdness? I don't think so, but nice try.
    If you noticed, i was having a thought experiment with 1st n 3rd position functions.

You object to the terms: "poorly reasoned weirdness brought to the masses"

Ne = weird
    Fe = brought to the masses
    No Ti or Te = poorly reasoned

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    From my observations: a fall-back, when things go wrong, and not in a good way. That is, bouts of alcoholism, thrill seeking, casual sex and stuff like that, when they get super stressed and are not very healthy mentally in the first place. When they're on good form, then getting stressed makes them do lots of sports, preferably competitive sports, and take it way too seriously
    But there must also be a balanced version of this attitude. I find that playing sports and hiking in the nature, climbing mountains, can be refreshing for my soul and enegizing. If I don't enage with the outside world for too long, I become very scattered and lethargic. And the effect is the same whether I'm stressed or not.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

I donít really use my senses very effectively. If someone asks me to look for some form of documentation, I can search for 40 minutes and not find it and then someone else (that is not another NT) can find what I am looking for in a minute in the first place I had searched for it, and where I expected it to be all along. Furthermore, I donít have a sense of smell and I have a slightly weak sense of taste, so I guess you can say that I am missing some of the S-world all together. I have done photo for about 6 years now, and I do use my S there and I am aware of visual beauty around me, but I mainly do portraiture so I think the N still plays a bigger part in my art. I am careful about my appearance but not to the same extent as the Ss that I am close with. I donít clean, Iím not bothered by messes in the least, but it drives my ESFJ mother up a wall as you can imagine.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

If you noticed, i was having a thought experiment with 1st n 3rd position functions.

You object to the terms: "poorly reasoned weirdness brought to the masses"

Ne = weird
    Fe = brought to the masses
    No Ti or Te = poorly reasoned
    Yes, I noticed. But Ne does not equal "weird".

And by that logic, you would have written:
    INTJ Ni Fi = poorly reasoned devotion to their pet intuitions (tesla)

MBTI
    INTJ

Warning: the following is a rehash of the standard MBTI model:

Se in ENTJs? It's what keeps them on the go.

Tertiary functions, aka relief, for want of a better analogy are the little tiny Hegel in all of us: dominant provides the thesis, auxiliary provides the antithesis, and tertiary boils up a synthesis.

In ENTJs, Te segments, organises for efficiency and systematises; Ni foresees implications... and just like for any type, in the absence of any S at all, the whole system does absolutely nothing whatsoever. But ENTJs have the Se. So they have all these plans and efficiencies and future insights, and then they've got the Se... they're in the moment, seeing what's there in front of them, aware of their immediate physical environment. So they get moving.

Thus, Se keeps them on the go. Same for ENFJs.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Warning: the following is a rehash of the standard MBTI model:

Se in ENTJs? It's what keeps them on the go.

Tertiary functions, aka relief, for want of a better analogy are the little tiny Hegel in all of us: dominant provides the thesis, auxiliary provides the antithesis, and tertiary boils up a synthesis.

In ENTJs, Te segments, organises for efficiency and systematises; Ni foresees implications... and just like for any type, in the absence of any S at all, the whole system does absolutely nothing whatsoever. But ENTJs have the Se. So they have all these plans and efficiencies and future insights, and then they've got the Se... they're in the moment, seeing what's there in front of them, aware of their immediate physical environment. So they get moving.

Thus, Se keeps them on the go. Same for ENFJs.
    i think this was the answer i was looking for. thank you.
    can you(or anyone who knows abt functions) repeat the same thing for ENTPs.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    From my observations: a fall-back, when things go wrong, and not in a good way. That is, bouts of alcoholism, thrill seeking, casual sex and stuff like that, when they get super stressed and are not very healthy mentally in the first place. When they're on good form, then getting stressed makes them do lots of sports, preferably competitive sports, and take it way too seriously
    lol. i guess you are right in a way. but i think the Tertiary functions plays a more serious role in people. like described below.

Manifestations of tertiary Se in the ENJs i know:

1. obsession with becoming physically strong/looking good (working out etc)
    2. may have "sensor-like" 'tastes' (i didnt coin this idea)
    3. may have random bouts of "I wanna build shit!" (wanna-be ISTP mode)

ENTJs are the SJs of the NTs not because they are into tradition, but because ENTJs are actually quite in tune with reality, society's norms of taste and the 5 senses.

MBTI
    INTJ

Okay, I'll play Mr Socionics For a Day: the role of the tertiary in ENTPs or the role of Se?

Tertiary in ENTPs is Fe. It keeps them in the one man up game.

Ne has them changing things up and seeing patterns; Ti is onboard keeping them clever and tracking down the truth of the patterns they see, at least as long as Ne is still interested in the change-ups; and then there's Fe. Fe's on hand to keep them interesting in people, changing them up and tracking down their truth, at least as long as there's something new in there. So, ENTPs really do love people, but they screw with them anyway.

Se? Deceiving eighth. Dunno. Makes them really bad at deciding what to grab a'hold of (other than people) for making something come true?

Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    Alright boys and girls the title says it all. I just need to learn about functions and you are gonna help me. no questions!
    They're apt at learning skills and have in-depth reviews and analysis' of sensory stuff.

Also, we adapt to our environment, physically.

SP in the ENTJ also means that the ENTJ is actually fun and spontaneous.
    bruised and battered ENTJ sx/sp/so 8w9
    Tri-fix: 8w9 sx/sp - 3w4 sp/sx - 5w6 soc/sx
    http://leonardolestat.mypersonality.info

(I'm secretly ENxP, but don't tell anyone)

"Mother, I love you, I never meant to hit you over the head with that shovel."