• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Place of Relaxation

L

Lasting_Pain

Just wanted to know where most NTs spent their leisure time.

It is usually my room, or playroom. I basically own both, so I am alone in these two rooms. There is nothing like quiet reflection.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
There is nothing, nothing better than sinking into a couch with a good book. I never want to leave. I love my room so much. I nest.

I also still make pillow forts, but the gf wrecks them :(

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
It's also nice to have your favorite little neighborhood bakery/cafe place.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
It's also nice to have your favorite little neighborhood bakery/cafe place.

Ahh...when I lived in Boston I had one of these. Not so anymore. That was nice. Sometimes too much commotion though and I would feel bad camping out there, like I was a deviant of some kind.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
My local cafe (I live in Little Italy so we are not short of very good, very cheap little family owned places) or, in season, the park with books + dogs.

I also still make pillow forts, but the gf wrecks them

Jock. I know men do not like to have this word used to describe them, but you (and your gf) are SO. CUTE. You need your cheeks pinched.

L

Lasting_Pain

Pillow forts or castles are awesome. Especially when you play siege the castle.

L

Lasting_Pain

My local cafe (I live in Little Italy so we are not short of very good, very cheap little family owned places) or, in season, the park with books + dogs.

That's why I want to move away from America. Everything is so centralized. You have a walmart or kroger for your basic needs.

I wish they bought back the small businesses that actually have meaning to them. There is nothing like walking into a bread shop, and smelling the aroma of fresh bread, and watching the cook prepare another loath.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Jock. I know men do not like to have this word used to describe them, but you (and your gf) are SO. CUTE. You need your cheeks pinched.

*Offers cheeks* I don't care. I may be 22, but I'm still really 12. I cannot wait to have kids so it's socially acceptable for me to play with legos and go on playgrounds again. Weeeeeee...

ring the bell

I live out in the country. So, my favorite place is in the rocking chair on the front porch. The porch is pretty high so I can just look out over the fields and valley and think for hours. Or read a book. Or convert to the hammock for a nap.

i wish spring would hurry up... I'm getting cabin fever.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
When I'm at college and I have nothing until fourth period, I walk to the nearest beach (I have two to choose from) and sit on a bench facing the sea, cold/hot drink in hand. Every time I go I always bring my notepad to write some poetry, but I'm too busy enjoying the view and seaside noises.

I don't really have a place of relaxation at home. Not with my ESTJ mother checking up on me every 15 minutes. Or the "What are you thinking about? What do you mean, "Thoughts are private for a reason"? You're not thinking of naughty things, are you?" Privacy means secrecy to her, and God forbid that in her household. If I had to choose a place at home, probably the living room, an hour before she comes home from work. But even then I'm too busy anticipating her return.

I used to go for a morning jog around this private-owned field, before the land owner threatened me not to go there again. There's something strangely poetic about watching the departure of a train in the early hours of the morning. I found that relaxing.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Usually in my room, but sometimes I go out on walks. There is an entire subdivision of mostly completed homes sitting empty near where I live. The lawns are all tended, streetlamps are on. The houses have the exterior lighting on and some lights on inside, yet it is completely vacant. The silence is just surreal, it really helps me clear my head and I've not the slightest idea why.

foodeater

MBTI Type
PINT
If I can be alone, I stay in my room. When I can't I usually go on a walk for a couple of hours and try to find places I haven't been before.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Ahh...when I lived in Boston I had one of these. Not so anymore. That was nice. Sometimes too much commotion though and I would feel bad camping out there, like I was a deviant of some kind.
I get refills so I won't feel like I'm a freeloader. Although . . . if there's too much commotion, I'd probably leave anyway.
I do not get to enjoy places like that anymore. We have been invaded by Kroger and Walmart.
This is why it's nice to find your own little place. The one near where I live is cozy and makes some great pastry, including a pumpkin pie that's a (thanksgiving) party pleaser.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I like to stand in the back garden with a cup of tea whilst the dogs run around. My garden overlooks fields and it affords a lovely view :)

L

Lasting_Pain

I get refills so I won't feel like I'm a freeloader. Although . . . if there's too much commotion, I'd probably leave anyway.

This is why it's nice to find your own little place. The one near where I live is cozy and makes some great pastry, including a pumpkin pie that's a (thanksgiving) party pleaser.

Yes, I know but I miss the bakery shops and pastry shops that provided that sense of homeliness. Everyone was so friendly and kind.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Do you live in franchise wasteland or something? How are these all gone?

L

Lasting_Pain

Do you live in franchise wasteland or something? How are these all gone?

Yes unfortunately walmart and Kroger comes in and small business are forced to pack up and move out. Would not be a problem until you starting getting super walmarts and expanded Krogers that suck up miles of land and every small business is completely overrun by stupid franchises.