User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post

Jock. I know men do not like to have this word used to describe them, but you (and your gf) are SO. CUTE. You need your cheeks pinched.
    *Offers cheeks* I don't care. I may be 22, but I'm still really 12. I cannot wait to have kids so it's socially acceptable for me to play with legos and go on playgrounds again. Weeeeeee...

I live out in the country. So, my favorite place is in the rocking chair on the front porch. The porch is pretty high so I can just look out over the fields and valley and think for hours. Or read a book. Or convert to the hammock for a nap.

i wish spring would hurry up... I'm getting cabin fever.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

When I'm at college and I have nothing until fourth period, I walk to the nearest beach (I have two to choose from) and sit on a bench facing the sea, cold/hot drink in hand. Every time I go I always bring my notepad to write some poetry, but I'm too busy enjoying the view and seaside noises.

I don't really have a place of relaxation at home. Not with my ESTJ mother checking up on me every 15 minutes. Or the "What are you thinking about? What do you mean, "Thoughts are private for a reason"? You're not thinking of naughty things, are you?" Privacy means secrecy to her, and God forbid that in her household. If I had to choose a place at home, probably the living room, an hour before she comes home from work. But even then I'm too busy anticipating her return.

I used to go for a morning jog around this private-owned field, before the land owner threatened me not to go there again. There's something strangely poetic about watching the departure of a train in the early hours of the morning. I found that relaxing.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    IsTP

Usually in my room, but sometimes I go out on walks. There is an entire subdivision of mostly completed homes sitting empty near where I live. The lawns are all tended, streetlamps are on. The houses have the exterior lighting on and some lights on inside, yet it is completely vacant. The silence is just surreal, it really helps me clear my head and I've not the slightest idea why.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    PINT

If I can be alone, I stay in my room. When I can't I usually go on a walk for a couple of hours and try to find places I haven't been before.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Ahh...when I lived in Boston I had one of these. Not so anymore. That was nice. Sometimes too much commotion though and I would feel bad camping out there, like I was a deviant of some kind.
    I get refills so I won't feel like I'm a freeloader. Although . . . if there's too much commotion, I'd probably leave anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    I do not get to enjoy places like that anymore. We have been invaded by Kroger and Walmart.
    This is why it's nice to find your own little place. The one near where I live is cozy and makes some great pastry, including a pumpkin pie that's a (thanksgiving) party pleaser.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTJ

I like to stand in the back garden with a cup of tea whilst the dogs run around. My garden overlooks fields and it affords a lovely view

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    I get refills so I won't feel like I'm a freeloader. Although . . . if there's too much commotion, I'd probably leave anyway.

This is why it's nice to find your own little place. The one near where I live is cozy and makes some great pastry, including a pumpkin pie that's a (thanksgiving) party pleaser.
    Yes, I know but I miss the bakery shops and pastry shops that provided that sense of homeliness. Everyone was so friendly and kind.

MBTI
    intp

Do you live in franchise wasteland or something? How are these all gone?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Lasting_Pain

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    Do you live in franchise wasteland or something? How are these all gone?
    Yes unfortunately walmart and Kroger comes in and small business are forced to pack up and move out. Would not be a problem until you starting getting super walmarts and expanded Krogers that suck up miles of land and every small business is completely overrun by stupid franchises.