User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Sounds turbulent and generally not fun. Doesn't seem like you get much enjoyment out of it, and can lead to odd swings in mood/emotional state, whereas I don't see that happening and I have tremendous amounts of fun when I'm trying to solve a puzzle, system, problem, or synthesizing new information and ideas.

Is this something NFPs do alot? I don't think I'd like to be around when this is taking place.
    Also it has been a tough couple of weeks. Typically the Fi is a little better behaved but when other people around me suffer I can feel their unhappiness no matter how hard I try to ignore it. Combine that with a stupid boy and it's sure to make the Fi a little nutty.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    Also it has been a tough couple of weeks. Typically the Fi is a little better behaved but when other people around me suffer I can feel their unhappiness no matter how hard I try to ignore it. Combine that with a stupid boy and it's sure to make the Fi a little nutty.
    Stupid boy? INTP date didn't go too well?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

So is it around 30 years old that an entp will tend to fully develop their Fe?... or is it sooner? I just wonder if I'm going to know this one girl (24 years) at school long enough to witness her acting so prickish around mine and others' Fi.

no, I have this crazed entp man that I work with. I thought he hit on me, then was told he wasn't. Then I found out he had a girlfriend. Then I was told he was just hitting on me to make another girl envious, then found out he was sleeping with the chick who told me that. Then I found out he is sleeping with all the chicks, then found found out he really does like me a lot, and he does have a fun ENTP brain but he is CRAZY. Like pathological personality disorder crazy.

I am old (32) and a single mom and have been single for about three years and quite happy that way honestly. That man was the first guy to show any interest in me, which was nice if confusing, but my god, it's like a soap opara from a mental institution.

The INTP boy seems so normal and could just prove to be a fun distraction when I travel to that city. I think my new plan will be an NT boy in every city to hang out with when I travel on business. I wouldnt want one at home though as relationships take a lot of energy and work. Just seduction on the road for me I think

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

However Ne-Ti people can be really moody too, so perhaps it's the evil Ne.
    Finally, an admission of guilt!

You may be amused by my list of presumed Ne traits (edited from a previous thread) from an outsider's perspective, based on 17 years of living with an ENTP. Bear in mind that after years and years of studying type theory, I still don't really "get" Ne at all!

Ne is:

No good at spelling.
    Loses things constantly.
    Talks. In. Short. Sentences.
    Totally unpredictable, even for an INFJ.
    Very silly.
    Likes practical jokes.
    Sometimes gets very paranoid.
    Experiences extreme mood swings.
    Shares those moods with everyone in a 100 foot blast radius.
    Truly and utterly hopeless with details.
    Cannot help joining the dots.
    Cannot even SEE the dots!
    Cannot tell left from right.
    Solves TV murder mysteries in the first ten seconds.
    Never does anything the same way twice.
    Never, ever reads instruction manuals.
    Understands metaphors better than literal explanations.
    Pretends to be listening even when it isn't.
    IS listening even when it doesn't appear to be.
    Has little or no sense of time.
    Considers "now" to be a flexible concept.
    Considers "tidiness" to be an overrated concept.
    Really, really good at generating new ideas.
    Some of those ideas are sheer genius.
    Some of those ideas are not as good as they seemed at first.
    Some of those ideas are fatally flawed, but this only becomes obvious when it's far too late!
    Prefers to delegate all of the mundane, routine, boring bits to a nearby INFJ.

Please feel free to compile a similar list for all those amusing little Ni quirks you may have noticed. I'm sure it will be much shorter than my Ne list....

INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    Finally, an admission of guilt!

You may be amused by my list of presumed Ne traits (edited from a previous thread) from an outsider's perspective, based on 17 years of living with an ENTP. Bear in mind that after years and years of studying type theory, I still don't really "get" Ne at all!

Ne is:

No good at spelling.
    Loses things constantly.
    Talks. In. Short. Sentences.
    Totally unpredictable, even for an INFJ.
    Very silly.
    Likes practical jokes.
    Sometimes gets very paranoid.
    Experiences extreme mood swings.
    Shares those moods with everyone in a 100 foot blast radius.
    Truly and utterly hopeless with details.
    Cannot help joining the dots.
    Cannot even SEE the dots!
    Cannot tell left from right.
    Solves TV murder mysteries in the first ten seconds.
    Never does anything the same way twice.
    Never, ever reads instruction manuals.
    Understands metaphors better than literal explanations.
    Pretends to be listening even when it isn't.
    IS listening even when it doesn't appear to be.
    Has little or no sense of time.
    Considers "now" to be a flexible concept.
    Considers "tidiness" to be an overrated concept.
    Really, really good at generating new ideas.
    Some of those ideas are sheer genius.
    Some of those ideas are not as good as they seemed at first.
    Some of those ideas are fatally flawed, but this only becomes obvious when it's far too late!
    Prefers to delegate all of the mundane, routine, boring bits to a nearby INFJ.

Please feel free to compile a similar list for all those amusing little Ni quirks you may have noticed. I'm sure it will be much shorter than my Ne list....

Ne understood the theme of your list after the first 3 points, got bored and didn't read the rest.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Ne understood the theme of your list after the first 3 points, got bored and didn't read the rest.

I could have saved myself a lot of time if I'd just said that!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Have fun with that. Getting in touch with your Fi should be a good priority, you will be surprised at how nice it is. How is it a weakness? You can know how other people feel and also know the reason you are feeling the way you do and how to fix it, isn't that a strength? It is for me.
    I don't really understand this. I know exactly how I feel. I'm not sure how you can't know how you feel. It tends to be right there on the surface, it's like reading a stock ticker for me. I don't necessarily think it's Fi related.
    There's 'know that you feel X', and truly knowing that you feel X (in a deeper, Fi sense, meaning, an acknowledgment).

For example, for school, when acceptance letters were coming in. When I didn't get into X place, I was sad. It's, as you said, automatic, feeling cannot be controlled, everyone feels, including Ts. But...the difference, in terms of functions, is how we process.

In that above situation, for example, as soon as I recognized the sadness, my first thought was: why would you be sad? you didn't meet their criteria, and having a capped number of space, someone met their criteria more than you. It's ridiculous to be sad. And, weirdly enough, this type of 'rationalizing' of inner-feelings in terms of self (Fi), leads me to nonchalance. Doesn't make me feel happy, but, I don't allow myself to be sad because it's 'illogical' to the situation.

So, then, to me, reaching a healthy control of Fi means that I acknowledge that I am sad, and allow myself to feel that (not rationalize it away). This leads to a lot of introspection, like, truly evaluating the merits of X (and, hence, why I wanted to go there, which is why I'm sad when I didn't get in), and, thus, my goals which I thought would best be attained through X. Or, maybe it's because I don't like rejection, whether it be X or Y. It's a deeper understanding of self and self's motivation - Fi.

be glad, I am coming to think Fi really sucks. It is a giant weakness that just makes the world so irrational to live in. It's flippant and sort of useless honestly. I'd trade it for some good ol' fashion Ti anyday.
    Healthy Fi is the key. Health = wellness (in any sphere).

Logic can be quite nonsensical in some situations when it's put in practical context, so, getting good ol'fashion Ti doesn't necessarily gurantee you a better understanding of the real world. Just...logic.

Guilty as charged.

Okay I do this one thing that I think is Ne but just to drive my ISTP crazy.

When I empty the dishwasher I just put the dishes wherever there happens to be empty space in the cabinet. So... after awhile they all migrate throughout the kitchen as cabinet space becomes available, due to using more or less bowls that week. The cups may start to the top left but eventually they are all at the bottom right after like six weeks. I have stopped to consider if you could apply some sort of mathmatical model to map out the transtion as they migrate and thus predict the next possible location of a cup in like four weeks.

He would seriously go crazy over this. I think it may be Ne's doing...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm frankly surprised at how many NTs go to such great lengths to deny the existence of their emotions (and how many others actually buy it!)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?