First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I don't really understand this. I know exactly how I feel. I'm not sure how you can't know how you feel. It tends to be right there on the surface, it's like reading a stock ticker for me. I don't necessarily think it's Fi related.
    I should have rephrased that, you know WHY you feel the way you do, which leads to fixing it. Some of the people I've talked to can't figure it out too quickly, which they blamed on a low F function. I don't know for myself, just going by what people have said to me.

If it's not then oh well. lol
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I should have rephrased that, you know WHY you feel the way you do, which leads to fixing it. Some of the people I've talked to can't figure it out too quickly, which they blamed on a low F function. I don't know for myself, just going by what people have said to me.

If it's not then oh well. lol
    I am completely perplexed now. I guess I just don't see the depth in feelings you do. Feelings and emotion are typically in response to some sort of stimulus. And since I don't seem to have conscious control of them too much, outside of how much is revealed or not revealed to my external world, sitting down and analyzing them for extended periods of time just seems like a futile exercise.

If it's important to some people, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

I am completely perplexed now. I guess I just don't see the depth in feelings you do. Feelings and emotion are typically in response to some sort of stimulus. And since I don't seem to have conscious control of them too much, outside of how much is revealed or not revealed to my external world, sitting down and analyzing them for extended periods of time just seems like a futile exercise.

If it's important to some people, whatever floats your boat I suppose.
    You know how when you use Ti, it branches to the next thought, then to the next thought in a controlled fashion. Lines are drawn, connections are made. The Ti can be razor sharp and focused and is much more analytical and intellectually deep I would imagine than my weak fluttery Te is.

So Fi is like that. Like a fucking chasm of depth. Once you plunge off that bitch you are screwed. Layers and layers of it like waves in the ocean, that morph over one another and get all entangled. convoluted and pulling in lots of directions. Like your Ti exhibits analytical depth that will keep you busy compleating a thought-puzzle-game-system-synthesis for hours, our Fi can drag us on an emotional rollar coaster. Sometimes you have to sit back and treat it analytically to control it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    You know how when you use Ti, it branches to the next thought, then to the next thought in a controlled fashion. Lines are drawn, connections are made. The Ti can be razor sharp and focused and is much more analytical and intellectually deep I would imagine than my weak fluttery Te is.

So Fi is like that. Like a fucking chasm of depth. Once you plunge off that bitch you are screwed. Layers and layers of it like waves in the ocean, that morph over one another and get all entangled. convoluted and pulling in lots of directions. Like your Ti exhibits analytical depth that will keep you busy compleating a thought-puzzle-game-system-synthesis for hours, our Fi can drag us on an emotional rollar coaster. Sometimes you have to sit back and treat it analytically to control it.
    Oh, that's an amazing description! I even relate to it as an INFJ. I use my tertiary Ti a great deal, especially at work (I'm a scientist - not very common among INFJs) and it works very much as you've said. But my Fi is a different story, it's not somewhere I prefer to go if I can avoid it at all. I use it mostly for stuff like appreciating art or music, but I try to stay out of the murky depths of oceanic feeling. For INFJs it's a very critical function (witch/senex), but that criticism gets turned back on ourselves: "how can we call ourselves idealists when we don't even know what true feeling really is?" - that sort of s**t.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    extroverted feeling
    Huh?

I still don't get it.

[blink blink]

Then again, I'm an ENTP.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Huh?

I still don't get it.

[blink blink]

Then again, I'm an ENTP.
    Does this help?

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle
    Extraverted Feeling – “Considering others and responding to them. The extraverted Feeling process is used in relation to particular people and situations and so has a more here-and-now quality than a universal, future, or past quality. When particular people are out of our presence or awareness, we can then adjust to new people or situations. This process helps us "grease the wheels" of social interaction. Often, the process of extraverted Feeling seems to involve a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure. The "social graces" such as being polite, being nice, being friendly, being considerate, and being appropriate often revolve around the process of extraverted Feeling. Associated behaviors might include remembering birthdays, finding just the right card for a person and selecting a gift based on what a person likes. Keeping in touch, laughing at jokes when others laugh, and trying to get people to act kindly to each other also involves extraverted Feeling. Using this process, we respond according to expressed or even unexpressed wants and needs of others. We may ask people what they want or need or self-disclose to prompt them to talk more about themselves. This often sparks conversation and lets us know more about them so we can better adjust our behavior to them.”

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Huh?

I still don't get it.

[blink blink]

Then again, I'm an ENTP.
    Obe, it's like when you leave your mouse droppings in everyone's blogs to be friendly and considerate and as a sign of your affection

Mouse droppings = Fe. At least that's the way I understand it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    Hi happy puppy!

Clearly, I am not an ENTP, but I have lived with one for 17 years and seem to feel the need to comment on my observations of him at present.

From my observations, Fe is indeed his third, (tertiary) function. In most people, function no 3 has a child-like quality to it. We use it to play and find relief from our normal approaches to life. Like a child, this function tends to be all-or-nothing - swinging from a hopeful, positive, enthusiastic attitude to a deflated, negative, pessimistic one, with very little in between.

My ENTP has quite a well-developed and obvious Fe function. In its positive expression, he enjoys company, makes friends easily and does indeed tend to "mother" other people. He loves to offer advice to help people sort out their problems, is VERY generous (with time, money and other things), and is an excellent host, who loves preparing creative meals for others.

In its more negative expression, he is super-sensitive to rejection (perceived or actual), becomes a lot more forceful and abrupt with his advice-giving, and can be super-critical and harsh when dealing with others.

In either mode, he projects his moods outwards for all to see. This can have very powerful effects on anyone remotely sensitive in the immediate vicinity, as he has quite a strong personality. His positive moods are infectious and can lighten the mood of everyone he comes into contact with. His bad moods are terrible to behold, even when he does his best to contain them. He has a withering "death stare" which can kill small animals at a hundred paces!

Contrary to the popular conception of NT-types as unemotional, he is anything but! He experiences his emotions very strongly indeed, he just prefers not to use them as a basis for making important decisions, relying on his Introverted Thinking logic instead.

He has a fair amount of awareness of the importance and value of Fe, even if he doesn't always understand it. He comes to me for advice on matters Fe, eg. when he can't make sense of another person's behaviour, or wants to rephrase something in a more diplomatic fashion.

Hope this helps!
    ^_^
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post

Sounds turbulent and generally not fun. Doesn't seem like you get much enjoyment out of it, and can lead to odd swings in mood/emotional state, whereas I don't see that happening and I have tremendous amounts of fun when I'm trying to solve a puzzle, system, problem, or synthesizing new information and ideas.

Is this something NFPs do alot? I don't think I'd like to be around when this is taking place.

Sounds turbulent and generally not fun. Doesn't seem like you get much enjoyment out of it, and can lead to odd swings in mood/emotional state, whereas I don't see that happening and I have tremendous amounts of fun when I'm trying to solve a puzzle, system, problem, or synthesizing new information and ideas.

Is this something NFPs do alot? I don't think I'd like to be around when this is taking place.
    Not sure. I think it may be the Ne-Fi combination, which kind of leads to moodiness. However Ne-Ti people can be really moody too, so perhaps it's the evil Ne.