Fe?

What's that?

[blink blink]

your resident asshole

extroverted feeling

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Apollonauts description sounds more like an ESFJ to me. According to socionics it wouldnt be too far off to confuse an ESFJ for an ENTP.

But I dont know really, as long as you guys are happy, I am also

(I miss Jack)
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

your resident asshole

*edits post*

Um... anyway. Back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    A bit exaggerated...but, what the hell, I'll play:
    1., 2., 3., 9. (4 outta 9 - missed by a hair's breadth, phew)
    hehehe!

We have started adding this scale to our pain in the ass coworkers:

Bob (3 of 9)

Tom (6 of 9)

SlimyENTP (9 of 9)

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Now, Fi, that is one that eludes me still. I am great at understanding other's motivations and feelings, but, when it comes to the realm of inter-personal, i.e., accounting for the I in a feeling exchange....is quite hard. I always seem to rationalize first.

be glad, I am coming to think Fi really sucks. It is a giant weakness that just makes the world so irrational to live in. It's flippant and sort of useless honestly. I'd trade it for some good ol' fashion Ti anyday.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Apollonauts description sounds more like an ESFJ to me. According to socionics it wouldnt be too far off to confuse an ESFJ for an ENTP.

But I dont know really, as long as you guys are happy, I am also

(I miss Jack)
    He is SO not an ESFJ! The behaviours I described were just to illustrate what he's like when using tertiary Fe. They pop up a few times a week at most.

The rest of of the time he's yer classic ENTP, constantly generating new ideas, exploring multiple options or analysing everything to death through his Ti microscope. He's always inventing some new evil scheme or devising imaginatively dangerous solutions to fix "problems", regardless of whether or not they actually need fixing. He has a huge sense of fun and can be very mischievious, he's an archetypal Trickster. He cannot resist meddling - he'd be the person most likely to push the big red button on an aircraft labelled "Do Not Press!".

He has little or no respect for pointless traditions, the worst thing you can say to him is "that's the way we've always done it" - it's an invitation to have your comfy little routines smashed into tiny pieces!

He is never, ever convinced by a Feeling argument - I've learned that if am to change his mind about something I have to resort to logic. Fortunately, my own Ti tertiary is quite well developed, but I have to be careful not to muddle my logic in the slightest. He can spot an error of logic from a thousand paces (he does this all the time as part of his job), and will be quite ruthless in demolishing a flawed argument. If he does this to me too often, my own Fe takes over and I start getting too upset or angry to use logic anymore. (We're used to each other now, so these spats are rarely serious and don't last long.)

One thing that does drive me nuts is the ENTP need to play Devil's Advocate all the time! My Fe seeks harmony and to achieve a general agreement, but as soon as it seems we've reached an accord, he'll switch sides and start arguing the opposite case, until I walk away in disgust. Even when he agrees with me, he still phrases it in a way which sounds like an argument.

I can say: "The weather will be nice today because there's a blue sky and no wind", only to have him reply: "No, it's the other way around: the blue sky and lack of wind mean the weather will be nice".

Grrrr! Arggh! :steam:
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    be glad, I am coming to think Fi really sucks. It is a giant weakness that just makes the world so irrational to live in. It's flippant and sort of useless honestly. I'd trade it for some good ol' fashion Ti anyday.
    Have fun with that. Getting in touch with your Fi should be a good priority, you will be surprised at how nice it is. How is it a weakness? You can know how other people feel and also know the reason you are feeling the way you do and how to fix it, isn't that a strength? It is for me.
    Last edited by BlackCat; 03-24-2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: clarification
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

1) When does this develop for you guys?

I've had it as long as I could remember. From birth...

2) Is it painful/difficult as it develops? (ie trusting others and so on..)

Yes. It's draining.

3) Do you use it on purpose to influence others or does it emerge on its own at times?

It's always kinda there, but you can fan the flames. It does often emerge on its own, but I've found that I can control it. Though, control isn't always the best solution.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Have fun with that. Getting in touch with your Fi should be a good priority, you will be surprised at how nice it is. How is it a weakness? You can know how other people feel and also know how you feel, isn't that a strength? It is for me.
    I don't really understand this. I know exactly how I feel. I'm not sure how you can't know how you feel. It tends to be right there on the surface, it's like reading a stock ticker for me. I don't necessarily think it's Fi related.