User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Give us a thought pattern example...

Since everyone processes things in their own way, with their own personal lense, its difficult to comprehend how differently we all may think. I want to try an experiment. I'm going to list some words, and I'd like you to copy/paste them (or quote them) into your own post and tell me about the words as they work together. Write whatever pops into your head, consider it a free-writing exersize!

You can post in any format you want... give specific words or sentences for what each word invokes, write a paragraph with the words and what they present in your mind... however you feel the need to express it, go for it.

The trick is going to be trying to NOT be influenced by others' responses, so be careful not to read any of the others until after you've posted your response.

The idea is to get an understanding of how individualized our own thoughts and connections are compared to others'. I'm especially curious how N vs S will play out in these answers...

This should be fun

Here goes:

Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese

Let the fun begin!
    Embrace the possibilities.
    Likes Tiger Owl liked this post

deleted

A King holding a Sword and a Stapler Pictured One Hundred Bicycle-riding Geese on his way to Work. In his wild imagination, he stabbed seventy, stapled twentynine to his Address book, then he reflected the Sunshine off his Diamond ring to blind the last poor bastard landing on the Table for a quick yet needed breakfast. He harbored the bicycles, and assumed the 29 dead geese stapled to an address book with his name on it would explain themselves.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese

The sunshine is out and it's a good idea to get some work and errands done so why not bicycle to the store? Take about one hundred bucks. Shopping list: stapler, table, pack of playing cards (you know, kings, queens, diamonds, hearts). Might as well address this stuff while it's as pretty as a picture outside. There's even a field of geese on the way - very bucolic.

PS. The pen is mightier than the sword.

Psychoanalzye me, pleeeeez!

EDIT: Ha ha, just read the above response. Much more fanciful.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

looking for buble gum (sunshine) dandylions
    bicycle-stolen by college football players when i was 12
    work-sticky dirty faced at the end of the day. sunburnt/windburnt
    stapler-something i used a couple of times/forgot the name...oh right, office space
    sword-takin out spaniards/insignia of strength-solidarity
    address-nothin came to mind for a few secs (remembering potential replies will not influence)/stickers i'm running short of with my return address on'em.
    picture-Gernika
    table-why is this here? tree is better material
    king-that thread about chessmess/series on the boobtoob tryin to present monarchy as acceptable via hollywood post subliminal hypnotics
    diamond-a pile of shit rock used to present status or some shit.
    one hundred-now there's good material/a very well evolved sum to use to present per capita statistics
    geese-read at first sight as greese/got so far as 2 words typed till i caught it
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

beyondaurora

Here I am. An ugly duckling among the swans. (Or, perhaps, a swan among the geese?). You see, I work at a ballet school (name and address undisclosed) deprived of sunshine but surrounded by the light of beautiful young ballerinas, twirling and spinning before me like the wheels of one hundred bicycles. I find myself spinning too, but unlike these budding young stars whose spinning “gets them places”, I spin in place. All around me pictures of sugarplum fairy queens, nutcrackers, diamonds and other shiny things, yet for this secretary…there is no romance. But alas! I can change this! Indeed – my stapler is my sword, my desk and table, my platforms! I am the king of my own world.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese

These words suggest to me a formula for a humorous modern interpretation of a Tarot card deck. There could be One Hundred cards divided into four suits:

Diamonds, Swords, Geese and Staplers.

You could add court cards such as the King of each suit. Other cards could serve as the Major Arcana, with a symbolic Picture on each.
    For example, the Bicycle could be a modern example of The Chariot card, Sunshine would be The Sun, other pictures would represent Work, a Table and a Dress (address - get it? Sorry, terrible pun!).
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Here goes:

Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese

Let the fun begin!
    Sunshine and lollipops. Leave the worries of work behind. Staple the 'fuck you' note right on your table. Address changed: a table.

Take flight. V. Picture the jester posing as a king. King Arthur's round table. So call me noble. For I am your same. My wit may be my sword, said the jester, but a diamond it cannot break. Dreams turned to blackened ashes.

Every geese got to make the cheese. So, I count to one hundred and start turning that wheel again.

(i.e., work sucks, daydream a little a lot, where you are the king and jester, alike, all the same - for a moment anyway, then..back 2 work)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Address
    Bicycle
    Diamond
    Geese
    King
    One Hundred
    Picture
    Stapler
    Sunshine
    Sword
    Table
    Work (work is a bad word)
    Addressing the congregation while upon his bicycle made of pure diamond was the Geese King, recent victor of the Hundred Years War. He made a speech commemorating the valiant souls who had died to serve their nation, and announced he had commissioned a picture to be taken of the burning remains of the enemy's castle, which would be stapled in the interior of the Sunshine chapel. He then drew his sword in salute, and made his way to his grand table, which signified the start of the the celebratory feast.

imo
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Addressing the congregation while upon his bicycle made of pure diamond was the Geese King, recent victor of the Hundred Years War. He made a speech commemorating the valiant souls who had died to serve their nation, and announced he had commissioned a picture to be taken of the burning remains of the enemy's castle, which would be stapled above the inside the Sunshine chapel. He then drew his sword in salute, and made his way to his grand table, which signified the start of the the celebratory feast.

imo
    Inspired!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    Inspired!
    Oh noes, you quoted my unedited version (though it's only a rather minor grammatical change)!

Also, you people should learn the elegant beauty of the Geese hive mindery.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin