• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Give us a thought pattern example...

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
Sunshine
Bicycle
Work
Stapler
Sword
Address
Picture
Table
King
Diamond
One Hundred
Geese

One hundred diamonds, sitting on the table top, glistening in the sunshine, arranged in the shape of a sword while the bicycle stood there looking useless thinking of what to do with one hundred geese just as the stapler fell on the picture and broke the glass into a one hundred little pieces that looked like the sword-shaped diamonds.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Sunshine
Bicycle
Work
Stapler
Sword
Address
Picture
Table
King
Diamond
One Hundred
Geese

Sunshine... You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. It's raining outside again. Bicycle? No chance of biking anywhere. Actually I haven't been using my bike for a long while... probably will be completely unsafe to ride on, let along biking to work.

Stapler? What's with the red or pink or whatever swingline stapler? I don't get the joke. Joke's on me. Sword, swords don't go with staplers. Unless you call staplers weapons. Actually they probably would make a decent projectile when thrown. Staple guns would be fun too. The pressurized ones.

Address, address for whom to what address? Address the sword? ByMySword? Not sure where that came from... but whatever first thing that came to mind. BMS posted plenty of pictures on his blog...

Funny how I enjoy taking photographs but I hate being in them. Table... Me posing is wooden, stiff... like a table. Okay that's horrid imagery... table. What on earth is a table king? Nothing. How can you put a king on a table? Oh... king on the chopping block... king of diamonds... playing card... play act king. Alice in wonderland. Off with her head. Queen of Hearts... did she killed a hundred in the story? A deck of playing cards falling and turning to geese. I'm getting my fairy tales all mixed up.

Non-sense un-sensored rambling from Ni.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ i love that. :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Since everyone processes things in their own way, with their own personal lense, its difficult to comprehend how differently we all may think. I want to try an experiment. I'm going to list some words, and I'd like you to copy/paste them (or quote them) into your own post and tell me about the words as they work together. Write whatever pops into your head, consider it a free-writing exersize!

You can post in any format you want... give specific words or sentences for what each word invokes, write a paragraph with the words and what they present in your mind... however you feel the need to express it, go for it.

The trick is going to be trying to NOT be influenced by others' responses, so be careful not to read any of the others until after you've posted your response.

The idea is to get an understanding of how individualized our own thoughts and connections are compared to others'. I'm especially curious how N vs S will play out in these answers...

This should be fun :smile:

Here goes:

Sunshine
Bicycle
Work
Stapler
Sword
Address
Picture
Table
King
Diamond
One Hundred
Geese

Let the fun begin!

First idea:

The sun was shining on his back as he rode his bicycle to work, where he stapled stacks of paper together, silently reassuring himself that the pen is indeed mightier than the sword. Later, as he was addressing envelopes, he glanced at the picture of the desert hanging over the table, and wondered how hot the sand was.

On his way back from work, he was stopped by a magician who claimed to be able to figure out what card he had chosen. He chose a King of Diamonds, but the magician guessed incorrectly. He smirked, trying not to laugh at the magician, before continuing home. He didn't sleep well that night, though, because he had recurring nightmares of being attacked by one hundred geese.

Second idea:

Sunshine - A symbol of hope, positive energy, and divinity employed in many religions and mythologies.

Bicycle - Can be associated with messengers or children's games, but is more often a symbol of people who choose "green" lifestyles that minimize impact on the environment.

Work - This term evokes the archetype of a necessary evil. A functional necessity that is not enjoyable.

Stapler - A tool that binds things with minimal destruction. Could also represent light forms of repetitiveness and hint at a minor lack of automation.

Sword - A symbol of war and warriors, especially in regards to the offensive aspect. It can also be a phallic symbol.

Address - A symbol of a structure at a fixed location. Associated with locating things or people, navigation, etc.

Picture - Often symbolic of the past, art, a feeling, or an idea.

Table - Often associated with meetings (especially those related to negotiation and diplomacy), but can also represent the state of a project, an opportunity, or entertainment depending on the context.

Diamond - Often associated with wealth and/or beauty.

King - An archetype in itself. Can symbolize tyranny, justice, or merely power. A king is roughly associated with the same archetype as a boss, emperor, president, or any other leader. Also holds an air of dignity, majesty, and tradition.

One-hundred - One of the highest numbers most can conceive of in their minds without any kind of aid. The dividing line between the world we know, and the infinite beyond.

Geese - Similar to ducks. Often represent nature, hunting, or both depending on the context.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Sunshine
Bicycle
Work
Stapler
Sword
Address
Picture
Table
King
Diamond
One Hundred
Geese

The sunshine reflected down onto the shiny support bar of the bicycle, reflecting brightness onto the address of a nearby house, which read "one hundred King street." It is that time of the year when the geese start returning to the region, honking and being generally obnoxious as people try to work. The small table in the vestibule had a picture of a sword carved into it, right next to the scrawl of some untalented teenager who no doubt considered himself a diamond in the rough, waiting to be discovered and praised for that dazzling insight whose sole audience was currently constituted of stupid geese. The stapler in my hand itches me.

sculpting

Sunshine
Bicycle
Work
Stapler
Sword
Address
Picture
Table
King
Diamond
One Hundred
Geese

So once I was wondering by my dining room table and found the king of hearts lying face door in a puddle or juice. I picked it up wiped it off and stapled it to the front door to allow the sunshine to dry off all the dampness. My son, a moose, walked by and cried but oh mom why is my card all wet. I picked him up snggled him tight and kissed his fat little arms and we swam together through the ocean-air into the night, past the places where the moon and the sea meet, to the edge of darkness where the stars sparkle down upon us. And there we slept.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Sunshine
Bicycle
Work
Stapler
Sword
Address
Picture
Table
King
Diamond
One Hundred
Geese

I think of a sunny day
I think of a sunny day of a trainer riding a bike next to a boxer, like in Mike Tyson's Punch Out!
I think of a sunny day with a person on a bike now riding to work (no boxer)
I now think of the squirrel guy in Office Space "Staaayplur"
I think of the main character in a 3DO game called Dragon's Lair, holding a sword.
I think of 7625 (My address).
Now a wooden picture frame.
A tan, wooden dining table, similar to the one in my kitchen.
The king of spades card.
King of Diamonds.
The numbers "100", and then the symbol hyaku in Japanese
I think of three geese.

I just picture everything, no thought going into it.

To make a freewrite:
The main character in office space is riding his bike to work on a particularly lovely sunny day. When he gets there, he comes in late and immediately gets to work doing nothing, zoning out, staring at the stapler on his desk where he daydreams about playing Dragon's Lair, an old 3DO game. When he zones back in, he notices some kind of paper with the address and place of some business or whatever on it, the numbers of the building being 7625. He looks up in his cubicle at the stereotypical pictures that crowd around in a cubicle, and then back at his cubicle desktop (table) On his computer, he begins playing solitaire, looking at the King of Spades, and then focusing on diamonds, he does whatever, notices his current score is 100 when he gets distracted by a gaggle of geese flying outside of his window.

No real transition or description, or whatever.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sunshine; *looks outside* it’s a great day here today, seriously, my kitten is basking in a sun spot on the floorboards, aww.

Crap, what was I doing, this is damn hard to stay on track.

Bicycle; ooh, I found my bike yesterday, I was sweeping up, I knew it was there but *wonders off to rub kitteh’s belly*

Address; FFFFFUK, I really have to send that stuff out.

Table; I should go sit outside, it really is a great day.

Then I got bored...

Last edited:

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
I wrote a story. I tried to bold all the words, but I wouldn't be surprised if I missed some.

Sunshine
Bicycle
Work
Stapler
Sword
Address
Picture
Table
King
Diamond
One Hundred
Geese

One day, while the sunshine glittered like a diamond in the sky, the king decided to take a break from his work for a bicycle ride. He needed to make a trip to the store to pick up a new sword and a stapler for his jester, and he decided he'd enjoy himself along the way.

On the way, he discovered a park that he was not familiar with, and decided to sit at a picnic table, taking care to remember to record the address of the park so he could return again.

Just as he finished writing, what appeared to be one hundred geese suddenly flew overhead. The king was so overwhelmed by their grace and beauty, that he took a picture before they left. He sat there, enjoying the quiet for a little while longer, and then departed to finish his errand and return home.

The End.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
Sunshine
Bicycle
Work
Stapler
Sword
Address
Picture
Table
King
Diamond
One Hundred
Geese

The words link up in pairs for me.

Riding a bicycle along a dirt path with the sunshine on my face. The clack, clack of a stapler at work. One hundred geese in a V across the sky on their way south. An album of pictures and an address book on the bookshelf, both filled with family and friends. The Knights of the Round table discussing matters of state with the King. Even the strongest sword cannot slice a diamond.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sunshine
Bicycle
Work
Stapler
Sword
Address
Picture
Table
King
Diamond
One Hundred
Geese

The sunshine is out, so it's the perfect day to use my bicycle! (however I don't bike, so I guess that isn't relevant) I have never biked to work, although coworkers have. Biking though would be great for the environment. It's too bad I live in a sprawling city, though - makes that much less practical and desirable. Back on topic, though. At work, I sometimes use a stapler. But not a sword. That would just be...weird. And I'd get kicked out and possibly sent in for questioning. In that situation I might have to address the possibility of getting terminated for violating a code of conduct, or suspected for being a danger. I picture it now - sitting at a table, definitely not the king of world (although with my sword I was trying to be), a diamond in the rough who failed miserably; and I think to myself that this perhaps falls as number one hundred on my list of foolish things I have done in life, and then I think to myself it might be a better life being one of the many canadian geese, going about life each day, the act of living in the moment, a life of purpose (to them) and simplicity.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think in images and pictures so this is quite hard to do in a way...
Sunshine,
I think the burning sun in space, black holes, solar flares, then an eclispe.
Bicycle,
I then imagine a milk maid cycling through the country singing some mad song my mother used to sing, of course it's sunny, and fresh.
Work,
I picture my work, the lab and all the instruments. I smile at my current predicament with one of my workmates.
Stapler,
I think of the little sod of stapler that makes a mess of my reports. Must throw that one out and get a new one.
Sword,
Many things, first I think of Aragon, then Prince's bride, then for some weird reason a scene out of Emma I think, where Miss Bates says something about "upon my honor".
Address,
I think of my address, then addressing a speech to a captivated audience.
Picture,
Isn't that what I'm doing now picturing things in my mind...wait did they mean like a photo, or painting...oh...I think of one of my friend's paintings, where he did an amazing evening sky full of oranges and purples.
Table,
I think of a brown table with a letter on it, and a silver letter opener. The china is set out and there are dainty tea cups waiting. I feel very english.
King,
I just thought of all the kings in my deck of cards, then I thought about tarot.
Diamonds,
I thought of dew drops glistening in the sun, I thought of the night sky, then I thought of king of diamonds, then that whole suite of cards finally ending in the ace. I then think of sparkling diamonds on velvet.
One Hundred,
....million, million. 100....then nothing
Geese,
I just picture a goose, and suddenly it's wearing a hat and clothing, I think of nursery rhymes, and then the goose that chased me that one time by this little creek, I can't even remember what I was doing.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOL did it wrong. I should probably read OPs more.

ring the bell

Sunshine
Bicycle
Work
Stapler
Sword
Address

Picture
Table
King

Diamond
One Hundred
Geese

I watched the movie Sunshine the other evening. It was a pleasent little escape to be alone, with myself. I feel as if life has been such a chore ever since he left me. A friend bought me a swingline stapler the other day, just trying to perk up the atmosphere with a little Office Space humor. Today, spring is near, as there seem to be one hundred geese flying through the sky. Everyday, I wake up, ride my bicycle towards work, taking the long way by the baseball diamonds, avoiding his address.... the address of the guy who sliced through my chest with his sword, severing my heart into pieces. He thinks he's some sort of king. I just wish he could have been content with my picture sitting on his bedside table.

Fluxkom

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I look outside the window. Sun is shining - check. Hmm, I'd like an ice now. Reminds me of the swimming pool we went last year, when my daughter fell on her head and had to go to hospital. I worked there for a year when I did my service, hooked up with a hottie nurse there. She's married now. Ah well, back to next.
I actually used the bycicle to go to work and was thinking of doing it now again, but 40km one way? You gotta be kidding. I have to do something for my body, though.
I think I covered work already. Anyhow I'm thinking of an ork warrior named Work. There is also Mork from Ork a story or something. Should do some roleplaying again...
The stapler is quite irritating in this list, but I have one in my drawer or somewhere around my desk, so check.
Wooohooo Works preferred weapon is a sword. I wish he already had this Great Bastard Sword +3.
Adresses are my everyday business, everyone has one, there are emailadresses, postadresses. POBoxes don't count imho.
I'm looking at a picture of my daughter now. But I also have lot's of different wallpapers. I once had a software that changed my wallpaper hourly. Got annoying fast.
Table - what I'm sitting at.
Mork will be the King of Orks someday. He will hoard diamonds after he has slaughtered one hundred geese, like the old wizard told him to. What could this strange little man be up to? That's another story...

FBUser7439

Hi all! Just registered to actually post something since this seems like a fun exercise. I know that the last post was in 2009, but I guess perhaps I can win the golden frying pan award for reheating?

Anyways, here goes:

Sunshine
Bicycle
Work
Stapler
Sword
Address
Picture
Table
King
Diamond
One Hundred
Geese

I woke up to what looked like the start of a great day. Opening my eyes I saw the bright SUNSHINE bursting through my bedroom window. Of course, summer days tend to be sunny and hot, although today it seemed more comfortable than what usually goes on at this time of day recently. I decided to ride my BICYCLE to WORK - perhaps this is the start of my new fitness regime! Yeah, right...

/*
Too lazy to actually write a whole story, so the rest will be random thoughts that come up with each word or connection between two consecutive words (because it's more of a challenge than to conveniently pick which ones I use lol). BTW as you can see, I'm not a good writer. Sorry for making you read all this.
*/

STAPLER - always missing somewhere when needed, I think it's so cliche as a kind of metaphor for corporation/office environments. Reminds me of my dad's t-shirt with a Ron Swanson type looking guy asking "Can I borrow your stapler" or something similar. Best thing is, he's a truck driver so you know, the irony :D

SWORD (combined with stapler) - I wonder how that could be used as some kind of freak office role-play where you use the stapler as a sword. En garde you corpo-scum! *click click*

ADDRESS - for some reason I actually visualize some kind of generic single-family house as the place to which an address might be pointing.

PICTURE on a TABLE for a KING - Reconnaissanse? reconnaisance? reconaissance? Dammit, all of them get underlined. Google tells me it's reconnaissance. It's always something in between! Anyways, it's probably a picture of someone/something of interest to some political/secret agenda for the king. *gasp* An assassination attempt!? It's like those typical strategy/tactics meetings with high-ranking officers but in this case it's like hushed tones and weird glances because it's something crucial to whatever the guys want to achieve.

DIAMOND - Perhaps the "victim" knows something about a secret diamond mine! Of course royalty would want to get wealthier. BTW, this is probably more of a modern monarchy, so perhaps not, but then it's kind of important from an economical standpoint, I think? Don't know that much about how diamond mining may (in)directly influence a nations economy, but I guess if it's on their territory then it should give some financial leverage?

ONE HUNDRED GEESE - A whole flock (flock? What do geese fly in? If crows fly in murders then do geese fly in fowlslaughters? Straight to the butcher?).

That's it, I kind of just wanted to contribute to not spoil the fun and read anything beforehand, because otherwise if I would read the posts first and only *then* decided I wanted to contribute because it was fun then, well... it's a catch-22 or whatever you could call that kind of situation.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sunshine
Bicycle
Work
Stapler
Sword
Address
Picture
Table
King
Diamond
One Hundred
Geese

In the sunshine the king of the solar system stood above with his work via his gravity being able to keep the Earth one hundred percent habitable so the geeese could live. However in another solar system out there was a planet made entirely of diamonds which the Earth satellites will take 5000 years to take pictures off at the speed of 5000 mph which is a lot of work. One model that has been used to describe the universe is the stapler method in which the outskirts of the universe are held together by matter staples that stop it from collapsing and there are many galactic swords metaphorically such as solar flares and asteroid trails all of whch could cut a ship like a sword blade. It was a lot of hard work getting the plans for the cosmic cycle bike onto the table so the issue had to be addressed by putting it on the floor.

Damn it all! I thought bitterly as the sunshine penetrated not just my uppermost layer of skin but blazed straight to my soul and scorched me with it's light. If only this wretched rusted frame of what was once a bicycle could still work! Then I might abscond from this cursed wasteland with it's concrete and steel towers standing twisted and tattered. They loomed over me creaking and clanking like monolithic tombstones whispering of what once was. I dropped the bike back into the pile of junk it was resting in and continued scavenging.

With a humorless chuckle I sifted through the debris, sifted through the mementos of so many lost lives. I winced in pain as a stapler of all things found a way to bite my left hand. Such a tiny puncture, yet potentially as deadly as the slash of a sword in a world bereft of antibiotics. I cursed myself for placing my thick leather gloves on a counter top in one of the ruined buildings. When a pack of feral dogs arrived it was all I could do to escape and the gloves were a casualty of my carelessness.

After a time I moved on, the light was fading fast and the debris filled streets were no place to be after sunset. I remembered the address of an old friend and scurried for the house. To my relief I found that it was still there. Well more or less. It had fared better than many buildings. I found a way in through a sizable hole in one of the walls and made my way upstairs. Memories of times I had spent there inevitably insisted on replaying in my mind. I attempted to shrug them off like a man shakes off the cold. They were as stubborn as any ghost and would not be dismissed. I found myself in one of the bedrooms, a guest room. Appropriate I thought. I barricaded the door as best I could, laid out my bedroll and my worn sleeping bag and awaited the darkness. The darkness and the things that always came with it in these ruins.

I looked over to a table in the dying light. There, in what at one time was a fancy frame, rested a picture. It was of the city skyline at night. How beautiful it had been with thousands of lights glittering in the dark. Now the city sat as black as the darkest tomb of some forgotten king. I crawled into my sleeping bag with a groan. The years, the hardships endured living in this husk of a world were catching up with me. Transfixed I stared at that picture until the night robbed me of sight. The creatures, as always, arrived soon after dark and robbed me of meaningful slumber.

In the morning I set off once more after a breakfast of MRE's and boiled water. The sun was blinding, hanging overhead like a blazing diamond. Though it had only been a few years since the cataclysm, it felt instead like one hundred. As I once more made my way to the relative safety of the wilderness beyond the ruins a flight of geese passed over me emitting a jumbled chorus of calls. I watched as they became specks of black over the shattered city. After a final look and a deep sigh I disappeared into the thick green of the forest.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And so I rode away on a bicycle crafted of sunshine,
Dying to escape the world of work and play, with a stapler trapped in my forehead.
I pulled the stapler out, and it became a sword,
But blood ran into my eyes, causing me to crash the bike at your address.
I tumbled into the grass, a picture of failed dreams,
As my sunshine ride transformed into a storm cloud.
And now it's all on the table,
My running away, because I will never be king.
I am no diamond in the rough, and one hundred years will never make me so.
I'd rather play with geese, than scheme with royalty,
Indeed, geese are far more intelligent than they.