Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese

The sunshine is out, so it's the perfect day to use my bicycle! (however I don't bike, so I guess that isn't relevant) I have never biked to work, although coworkers have. Biking though would be great for the environment. It's too bad I live in a sprawling city, though - makes that much less practical and desirable. Back on topic, though. At work, I sometimes use a stapler. But not a sword. That would just be...weird. And I'd get kicked out and possibly sent in for questioning. In that situation I might have to address the possibility of getting terminated for violating a code of conduct, or suspected for being a danger. I picture it now - sitting at a table, definitely not the king of world (although with my sword I was trying to be), a diamond in the rough who failed miserably; and I think to myself that this perhaps falls as number one hundred on my list of foolish things I have done in life, and then I think to myself it might be a better life being one of the many canadian geese, going about life each day, the act of living in the moment, a life of purpose (to them) and simplicity.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ
    Likes magpie liked this post

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I think in images and pictures so this is quite hard to do in a way...
    Sunshine,
    I think the burning sun in space, black holes, solar flares, then an eclispe.
    Bicycle,
    I then imagine a milk maid cycling through the country singing some mad song my mother used to sing, of course it's sunny, and fresh.
    Work,
    I picture my work, the lab and all the instruments. I smile at my current predicament with one of my workmates.
    Stapler,
    I think of the little sod of stapler that makes a mess of my reports. Must throw that one out and get a new one.
    Sword,
    Many things, first I think of Aragon, then Prince's bride, then for some weird reason a scene out of Emma I think, where Miss Bates says something about "upon my honor".
    Address,
    I think of my address, then addressing a speech to a captivated audience.
    Picture,
    Isn't that what I'm doing now picturing things in my mind...wait did they mean like a photo, or painting...oh...I think of one of my friend's paintings, where he did an amazing evening sky full of oranges and purples.
    Table,
    I think of a brown table with a letter on it, and a silver letter opener. The china is set out and there are dainty tea cups waiting. I feel very english.
    King,
    I just thought of all the kings in my deck of cards, then I thought about tarot.
    Diamonds,
    I thought of dew drops glistening in the sun, I thought of the night sky, then I thought of king of diamonds, then that whole suite of cards finally ending in the ace. I then think of sparkling diamonds on velvet.
    One Hundred,
    ....million, million. 100....then nothing
    Geese,
    I just picture a goose, and suddenly it's wearing a hat and clothing, I think of nursery rhymes, and then the goose that chased me that one time by this little creek, I can't even remember what I was doing.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

LOL did it wrong. I should probably read OPs more.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

I think I did, too.
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address

Picture
    Table
    King

Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese

I watched the movie Sunshine the other evening. It was a pleasent little escape to be alone, with myself. I feel as if life has been such a chore ever since he left me. A friend bought me a swingline stapler the other day, just trying to perk up the atmosphere with a little Office Space humor. Today, spring is near, as there seem to be one hundred geese flying through the sky. Everyday, I wake up, ride my bicycle towards work, taking the long way by the baseball diamonds, avoiding his address.... the address of the guy who sliced through my chest with his sword, severing my heart into pieces. He thinks he's some sort of king. I just wish he could have been content with my picture sitting on his bedside table.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I look outside the window. Sun is shining - check. Hmm, I'd like an ice now. Reminds me of the swimming pool we went last year, when my daughter fell on her head and had to go to hospital. I worked there for a year when I did my service, hooked up with a hottie nurse there. She's married now. Ah well, back to next.
    I actually used the bycicle to go to work and was thinking of doing it now again, but 40km one way? You gotta be kidding. I have to do something for my body, though.
    I think I covered work already. Anyhow I'm thinking of an ork warrior named Work. There is also Mork from Ork a story or something. Should do some roleplaying again...
    The stapler is quite irritating in this list, but I have one in my drawer or somewhere around my desk, so check.
    Wooohooo Works preferred weapon is a sword. I wish he already had this Great Bastard Sword +3.
    Adresses are my everyday business, everyone has one, there are emailadresses, postadresses. POBoxes don't count imho.
    I'm looking at a picture of my daughter now. But I also have lot's of different wallpapers. I once had a software that changed my wallpaper hourly. Got annoying fast.
    Table - what I'm sitting at.
    Mork will be the King of Orks someday. He will hoard diamonds after he has slaughtered one hundred geese, like the old wizard told him to. What could this strange little man be up to? That's another story...
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

Hi all! Just registered to actually post something since this seems like a fun exercise. I know that the last post was in 2009, but I guess perhaps I can win the golden frying pan award for reheating?

Anyways, here goes:

Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese

I woke up to what looked like the start of a great day. Opening my eyes I saw the bright SUNSHINE bursting through my bedroom window. Of course, summer days tend to be sunny and hot, although today it seemed more comfortable than what usually goes on at this time of day recently. I decided to ride my BICYCLE to WORK - perhaps this is the start of my new fitness regime! Yeah, right...

/*
    Too lazy to actually write a whole story, so the rest will be random thoughts that come up with each word or connection between two consecutive words (because it's more of a challenge than to conveniently pick which ones I use lol). BTW as you can see, I'm not a good writer. Sorry for making you read all this.
    */

STAPLER - always missing somewhere when needed, I think it's so cliche as a kind of metaphor for corporation/office environments. Reminds me of my dad's t-shirt with a Ron Swanson type looking guy asking "Can I borrow your stapler" or something similar. Best thing is, he's a truck driver so you know, the irony

SWORD (combined with stapler) - I wonder how that could be used as some kind of freak office role-play where you use the stapler as a sword. En garde you corpo-scum! *click click*

ADDRESS - for some reason I actually visualize some kind of generic single-family house as the place to which an address might be pointing.

PICTURE on a TABLE for a KING - Reconnaissanse? reconnaisance? reconaissance? Dammit, all of them get underlined. Google tells me it's reconnaissance. It's always something in between! Anyways, it's probably a picture of someone/something of interest to some political/secret agenda for the king. *gasp* An assassination attempt!? It's like those typical strategy/tactics meetings with high-ranking officers but in this case it's like hushed tones and weird glances because it's something crucial to whatever the guys want to achieve.

DIAMOND - Perhaps the "victim" knows something about a secret diamond mine! Of course royalty would want to get wealthier. BTW, this is probably more of a modern monarchy, so perhaps not, but then it's kind of important from an economical standpoint, I think? Don't know that much about how diamond mining may (in)directly influence a nations economy, but I guess if it's on their territory then it should give some financial leverage?

ONE HUNDRED GEESE - A whole flock (flock? What do geese fly in? If crows fly in murders then do geese fly in fowlslaughters? Straight to the butcher?).

That's it, I kind of just wanted to contribute to not spoil the fun and read anything beforehand, because otherwise if I would read the posts first and only *then* decided I wanted to contribute because it was fun then, well... it's a catch-22 or whatever you could call that kind of situation.

Sleeply............. Cat Brainz's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    973 so/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese

In the sunshine the king of the solar system stood above with his work via his gravity being able to keep the Earth one hundred percent habitable so the geeese could live. However in another solar system out there was a planet made entirely of diamonds which the Earth satellites will take 5000 years to take pictures off at the speed of 5000 mph which is a lot of work. One model that has been used to describe the universe is the stapler method in which the outskirts of the universe are held together by matter staples that stop it from collapsing and there are many galactic swords metaphorically such as solar flares and asteroid trails all of whch could cut a ship like a sword blade. It was a lot of hard work getting the plans for the cosmic cycle bike onto the table so the issue had to be addressed by putting it on the floor.
    http://kevan.org/jh/cat+brainze

http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Cat+Brainze

Tell me is this a grin of joy or is it a grimace of pain?

Taking a cat nap
    9w1 7w6 3w4

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Damn it all! I thought bitterly as the sunshine penetrated not just my uppermost layer of skin but blazed straight to my soul and scorched me with it's light. If only this wretched rusted frame of what was once a bicycle could still work! Then I might abscond from this cursed wasteland with it's concrete and steel towers standing twisted and tattered. They loomed over me creaking and clanking like monolithic tombstones whispering of what once was. I dropped the bike back into the pile of junk it was resting in and continued scavenging.

With a humorless chuckle I sifted through the debris, sifted through the mementos of so many lost lives. I winced in pain as a stapler of all things found a way to bite my left hand. Such a tiny puncture, yet potentially as deadly as the slash of a sword in a world bereft of antibiotics. I cursed myself for placing my thick leather gloves on a counter top in one of the ruined buildings. When a pack of feral dogs arrived it was all I could do to escape and the gloves were a casualty of my carelessness.

After a time I moved on, the light was fading fast and the debris filled streets were no place to be after sunset. I remembered the address of an old friend and scurried for the house. To my relief I found that it was still there. Well more or less. It had fared better than many buildings. I found a way in through a sizable hole in one of the walls and made my way upstairs. Memories of times I had spent there inevitably insisted on replaying in my mind. I attempted to shrug them off like a man shakes off the cold. They were as stubborn as any ghost and would not be dismissed. I found myself in one of the bedrooms, a guest room. Appropriate I thought. I barricaded the door as best I could, laid out my bedroll and my worn sleeping bag and awaited the darkness. The darkness and the things that always came with it in these ruins.

I looked over to a table in the dying light. There, in what at one time was a fancy frame, rested a picture. It was of the city skyline at night. How beautiful it had been with thousands of lights glittering in the dark. Now the city sat as black as the darkest tomb of some forgotten king. I crawled into my sleeping bag with a groan. The years, the hardships endured living in this husk of a world were catching up with me. Transfixed I stared at that picture until the night robbed me of sight. The creatures, as always, arrived soon after dark and robbed me of meaningful slumber.

In the morning I set off once more after a breakfast of MRE's and boiled water. The sun was blinding, hanging overhead like a blazing diamond. Though it had only been a few years since the cataclysm, it felt instead like one hundred. As I once more made my way to the relative safety of the wilderness beyond the ruins a flight of geese passed over me emitting a jumbled chorus of calls. I watched as they became specks of black over the shattered city. After a final look and a deep sigh I disappeared into the thick green of the forest.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper

Marshmallow Heart thepink-cloakedninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    269 sp/sx

And so I rode away on a bicycle crafted of sunshine,
    Dying to escape the world of work and play, with a stapler trapped in my forehead.
    I pulled the stapler out, and it became a sword,
    But blood ran into my eyes, causing me to crash the bike at your address.
    I tumbled into the grass, a picture of failed dreams,
    As my sunshine ride transformed into a storm cloud.
    And now it's all on the table,
    My running away, because I will never be king.
    I am no diamond in the rough, and one hundred years will never make me so.
    I'd rather play with geese, than scheme with royalty,
    Indeed, geese are far more intelligent than they.
    Skinny people are easier to kidnap
    Stay safe
    Eat cheesecake
    Likes Crystal Winter Dream liked this post