Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese

One hundred diamonds, sitting on the table top, glistening in the sunshine, arranged in the shape of a sword while the bicycle stood there looking useless thinking of what to do with one hundred geese just as the stapler fell on the picture and broke the glass into a one hundred little pieces that looked like the sword-shaped diamonds.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese
    Sunshine... You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. It's raining outside again. Bicycle? No chance of biking anywhere. Actually I haven't been using my bike for a long while... probably will be completely unsafe to ride on, let along biking to work.

Stapler? What's with the red or pink or whatever swingline stapler? I don't get the joke. Joke's on me. Sword, swords don't go with staplers. Unless you call staplers weapons. Actually they probably would make a decent projectile when thrown. Staple guns would be fun too. The pressurized ones.

Address, address for whom to what address? Address the sword? ByMySword? Not sure where that came from... but whatever first thing that came to mind. BMS posted plenty of pictures on his blog...

Funny how I enjoy taking photographs but I hate being in them. Table... Me posing is wooden, stiff... like a table. Okay that's horrid imagery... table. What on earth is a table king? Nothing. How can you put a king on a table? Oh... king on the chopping block... king of diamonds... playing card... play act king. Alice in wonderland. Off with her head. Queen of Hearts... did she killed a hundred in the story? A deck of playing cards falling and turning to geese. I'm getting my fairy tales all mixed up.

Non-sense un-sensored rambling from Ni.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ i love that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Since everyone processes things in their own way, with their own personal lense, its difficult to comprehend how differently we all may think. I want to try an experiment. I'm going to list some words, and I'd like you to copy/paste them (or quote them) into your own post and tell me about the words as they work together. Write whatever pops into your head, consider it a free-writing exersize!

You can post in any format you want... give specific words or sentences for what each word invokes, write a paragraph with the words and what they present in your mind... however you feel the need to express it, go for it.

The trick is going to be trying to NOT be influenced by others' responses, so be careful not to read any of the others until after you've posted your response.

The idea is to get an understanding of how individualized our own thoughts and connections are compared to others'. I'm especially curious how N vs S will play out in these answers...

This should be fun

Here goes:

Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese

Let the fun begin!

First idea:

The sun was shining on his back as he rode his bicycle to work, where he stapled stacks of paper together, silently reassuring himself that the pen is indeed mightier than the sword. Later, as he was addressing envelopes, he glanced at the picture of the desert hanging over the table, and wondered how hot the sand was.

On his way back from work, he was stopped by a magician who claimed to be able to figure out what card he had chosen. He chose a King of Diamonds, but the magician guessed incorrectly. He smirked, trying not to laugh at the magician, before continuing home. He didn't sleep well that night, though, because he had recurring nightmares of being attacked by one hundred geese.

Second idea:

Sunshine - A symbol of hope, positive energy, and divinity employed in many religions and mythologies.

Bicycle - Can be associated with messengers or children's games, but is more often a symbol of people who choose "green" lifestyles that minimize impact on the environment.

Work - This term evokes the archetype of a necessary evil. A functional necessity that is not enjoyable.

Stapler - A tool that binds things with minimal destruction. Could also represent light forms of repetitiveness and hint at a minor lack of automation.

Sword - A symbol of war and warriors, especially in regards to the offensive aspect. It can also be a phallic symbol.

Address - A symbol of a structure at a fixed location. Associated with locating things or people, navigation, etc.

Picture - Often symbolic of the past, art, a feeling, or an idea.

Table - Often associated with meetings (especially those related to negotiation and diplomacy), but can also represent the state of a project, an opportunity, or entertainment depending on the context.

Diamond - Often associated with wealth and/or beauty.

King - An archetype in itself. Can symbolize tyranny, justice, or merely power. A king is roughly associated with the same archetype as a boss, emperor, president, or any other leader. Also holds an air of dignity, majesty, and tradition.

One-hundred - One of the highest numbers most can conceive of in their minds without any kind of aid. The dividing line between the world we know, and the infinite beyond.

Geese - Similar to ducks. Often represent nature, hunting, or both depending on the context.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese

The sunshine reflected down onto the shiny support bar of the bicycle, reflecting brightness onto the address of a nearby house, which read "one hundred King street." It is that time of the year when the geese start returning to the region, honking and being generally obnoxious as people try to work. The small table in the vestibule had a picture of a sword carved into it, right next to the scrawl of some untalented teenager who no doubt considered himself a diamond in the rough, waiting to be discovered and praised for that dazzling insight whose sole audience was currently constituted of stupid geese. The stapler in my hand itches me.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese

So once I was wondering by my dining room table and found the king of hearts lying face door in a puddle or juice. I picked it up wiped it off and stapled it to the front door to allow the sunshine to dry off all the dampness. My son, a moose, walked by and cried but oh mom why is my card all wet. I picked him up snggled him tight and kissed his fat little arms and we swam together through the ocean-air into the night, past the places where the moon and the sea meet, to the edge of darkness where the stars sparkle down upon us. And there we slept.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese
    I think of a sunny day
    I think of a sunny day of a trainer riding a bike next to a boxer, like in Mike Tyson's Punch Out!
    I think of a sunny day with a person on a bike now riding to work (no boxer)
    I now think of the squirrel guy in Office Space "Staaayplur"
    I think of the main character in a 3DO game called Dragon's Lair, holding a sword.
    I think of 7625 (My address).
    Now a wooden picture frame.
    A tan, wooden dining table, similar to the one in my kitchen.
    The king of spades card.
    King of Diamonds.
    The numbers "100", and then the symbol hyaku in Japanese
    I think of three geese.

I just picture everything, no thought going into it.

To make a freewrite:
    The main character in office space is riding his bike to work on a particularly lovely sunny day. When he gets there, he comes in late and immediately gets to work doing nothing, zoning out, staring at the stapler on his desk where he daydreams about playing Dragon's Lair, an old 3DO game. When he zones back in, he notices some kind of paper with the address and place of some business or whatever on it, the numbers of the building being 7625. He looks up in his cubicle at the stereotypical pictures that crowd around in a cubicle, and then back at his cubicle desktop (table) On his computer, he begins playing solitaire, looking at the King of Spades, and then focusing on diamonds, he does whatever, notices his current score is 100 when he gets distracted by a gaggle of geese flying outside of his window.

No real transition or description, or whatever.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Sunshine; *looks outside* its a great day here today, seriously, my kitten is basking in a sun spot on the floorboards, aww.

Crap, what was I doing, this is damn hard to stay on track.

Bicycle; ooh, I found my bike yesterday, I was sweeping up, I knew it was there but *wonders off to rub kittehs belly*

Address; FFFFFUK, I really have to send that stuff out.

Table; I should go sit outside, it really is a great day.

Then I got bored...
    Last edited by Kasper; 03-19-2009 at 11:15 PM.

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

I wrote a story. I tried to bold all the words, but I wouldn't be surprised if I missed some.

Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese

One day, while the sunshine glittered like a diamond in the sky, the king decided to take a break from his work for a bicycle ride. He needed to make a trip to the store to pick up a new sword and a stapler for his jester, and he decided he'd enjoy himself along the way.

On the way, he discovered a park that he was not familiar with, and decided to sit at a picnic table, taking care to remember to record the address of the park so he could return again.

Just as he finished writing, what appeared to be one hundred geese suddenly flew overhead. The king was so overwhelmed by their grace and beauty, that he took a picture before they left. He sat there, enjoying the quiet for a little while longer, and then departed to finish his errand and return home.

The End.
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

MBTI
    xxxx

Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese

The words link up in pairs for me.

Riding a bicycle along a dirt path with the sunshine on my face. The clack, clack of a stapler at work. One hundred geese in a V across the sky on their way south. An album of pictures and an address book on the bookshelf, both filled with family and friends. The Knights of the Round table discussing matters of state with the King. Even the strongest sword cannot slice a diamond.