User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Sunshine reminds me of a nice, warm day, which is conducive to bicycle riding. Bicycles are an environmentally friendly way to get to work. Those who work in an office often have staplers. Sometimes, if coworkers really start to annoy you, or you’re just plain bored, you may pretend your stapler is a sword or other lethal weapon. With this sword, you may wish to address and perhaps decapitate said obnoxious coworker. Maybe you’ll want to take a picture for memory’s sake…or blackmail. Be sure not to bring it to the table though…that may ruin appetites. Though, the king may appreciate such especially if he dislikes said obnoxious coworker. Then he’ll reward you with a gigantic diamond…maybe one hundred of them! It sure beats one hundred, honking geese.
    There are two types of people in this world, sheep and sharks. Be a shark. Sharks are winners and they don't look back 'cause they don't have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Headstrong: You're learning the ways of...me!
    INTP Friend: Yay!
    INTP Friend: Wait....NOOOOO

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it.
    -George Bernard Shaw

Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
    -Plato

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese

the sun is out and i'm riding my bike to work by the duck pond with all the pretty geese...oh how i love geese...so pretty...i want to take a picture...i have to go to work...but i'd rather be around a table playing poker with friends...i'm lucky maybe i'd win a a hundred bucks....i'll stab the f*cker who makes me sit at this lonely desk...just me and my stapler.

shit..that's embarrassing!

and...i wouldn't really stab someone but that's what comes to mind when i hear sword.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese

Through the eyes of an INTP

Its a sunny day at the beach with no clouds in the sky and hot burning sand. A boy is riding his bicycle down a concrete path on the beach.

I picture a wooden building at an upward angle so that I can only really see the top of the building and the sky. (work)

I picture a metal stapler sitting on a plain grey desk.

I picture a sword swinging and swooshing around. There is no one holding the sword it's just moving by itself and then another sword comes up and sword fight starts.

I picture a house with a red roofing. The house is shaped like a typical square with angled roofing on the sides, and theres is a lawn, very green. (address)

I picture a painting with an elaborate classical-style golden frame. The painting is a path leading to a sunset. (picture)

I see a wooden table with four straight legs. It is rectangular, quite tall, and solid brown.

I picture a king much like on a deck of cards with a pointy golden crown. He is holding a sword.

I picture a the shape of a diamond(rhombus type shape) and its a slight tint of light blue.

I picture a bunch of colonial soldiers in a square formation.(one hundred)

I picture three birds flying in a blue sky with some small clouds. The sun is low and the sky begins to turn orange.(geese)

weird shit.. with my luck this will turn out meaning I'm psychotic or something.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

Sunshine, Where did she go?
    Bicycle, What was that Queen song?
    Work, yeah...
    Stapler, office
    Sword, knight
    Address, mailman
    Picture perfect
    Table salt
    King of Diamond
    One Hundred Geese

but this is what I really thought...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I’m not entirely sure the purpose of this exercise will be fulfilled in any way. I mean, this could be approached in a million different ways depending on my mood. Today I feel like going in order and rather muse-y and verbose, but another day I could feel silly and make-up-a-story-y or cutting and precise. I could wax bad poetry, I could try to entertain. But here’s my current stab at it anyway:

Sunshine: The sun shines- a compound word. Clever, isn’t it? It’s making a thing of something that’s not a thing at all- I mean in how it’s used. A word as if you can hold it and touch it, when in reality, it really only touches you. I suppose it is a thing though. Energy, which is matter, which is energy. The more you know how it’s going the less you know where it is. Sneaky, isn’t it?

Bicycle: Sometimes I bicycle in the sunshine (as a place! Sneaky word). Another simply together word: two wheels. Except that there could be any number of two-wheeled, self-powered contraptions that are not remotely shaped like what we think of as a bicycle. Like both on an axle, and then you would ride it like a unicycle. My bicycle is pink and clunky but it does me well. Sometimes it’s as close as I’ll ever feel like flying, I think.

Work: Work is a word that means many things. Like the kind where they have Staplers! Which is funny cause a stapler is a word that only means one thing. And when people think of staplers, they probably only think of one particular kind of stapler to boot. Your basic, black and exposed silvery metal, manual, stapler. Or of the stapler they use most in their lives.* There is only room for one stapler in your life, when there are so many kinds of work. There’s WORK, and there’s houseWork, and homeWork, and just doing stuff that requires effort is called Work and doing stuff that’s not particularly fun that’s called Work.
    * I saw someone using an electrical stapler today. Someone staples so much they invented an electronic stapler. There’s waiting. I wonder how long people wait, holding those paper corners all matched up before they decide that it’s not going to do its job. Waiting for machine consciousness, eh?

Sword: A sword is a weapon, though I’m starting to think not the most efficient weapon, much to my inner-child’s chagrin. I mean, it’s probably much too heavy with the balance issue and the cumbersomeness without a real efficient swing arc going on. Machetes and staff-y things and pointy-things at the ends of chains are probably better, but alas, they do not quite the romance of countless wuxia adaptations. Heaven Machete and Dragon Staff doesn’t have the same ring, does it?

Address: An address or to address? To address an address? Heh. I suppose that happens sometimes. Delivery people at the gates of gated communities, at the doors of closed apartment buildings where you ring up on intercom, etc. People give away their addresses all the time and never wonder about stalkers and stuff. But they worry about junk mail.

Picture says a thousand words. But what about a picture of a table? Ha, a friend of mine once had a “distressed” dining room table, as she explained to me when I pointed out the thumbtack-like holes in it. Apparently someone beat it with a whip or some sort. Apparently some people pay for that. It had amused me at the time that tables can have emotional states.

A King of Diamonds and One Hundred Geese makes me think of that song, you know the one? Something something something “four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie; when the pie was old and the birds began to sing, along came the somethingsomething king something something ring”.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post

but this is what I really thought...

Awesome pic
    Embrace the possibilities.

I rode in the sunshine on my bicycle to work, where some say the pen is more powerful. But I found the stapler puts it all together, it reverses the effect of the sword. At the address this afternoon, I found the picture was clear. No matter what went under the table, my table was one of a king. A diamond like thought, and one hundred geese, there making noise at my feet. I would have spoken all I knew, but it meant far too much to release.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post

...The idea is to get an understanding of how individualized our own thoughts and connections are compared to others'. I'm especially curious how N vs S will play out in these answers...

This should be fun

Here goes:

Let the fun begin!

Without sunshine everything on the planet Earth would soon die.

Riding Bicycles to work in crowded urban areas is a great way to save gas while risking getting killed.

Working out is one of my favorite things to do in my spare time.

I just used a Stapler to fix down the ends of a small box so I could use it store pencils.

If the politicians of each nation had to use Swords to try to kill each other whenever waging war seemed like a good idea, there would never be another war.

Address people with the same courtesy which you wish to be given.

Pictures of beautiful places are always nice to see.

Table that discussion for later, please.

It's good to be the King!

Would you rather have a Diamond on your finger, or put a down payment on a house?

One Hundred dollars is enough money for me and a friend to have a good lunch.

Geese taste good.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Well, first I wanted to point out it's exercise not exersize. Sorry, couldn't help it!

Sunshine - Warmth, need plenty of it for plants, feels good in the spring but avoid sunshine in the summer around here. Interesting that it comes from so many millions of miles away.

Bicycle - First I thought of bicycles as they relate to transportation and how there need to be more bike lanes around here. I also thought briefly about the solar assisted bikes available and wished they'd get cheaper. I used to like riding a bike when I was a kid - I'll always prefer horses for fun, but bikes are truly economical.

Work - something I do all the time! Practically... I love my job and I also usually get quite a bit of pleasure out of working around my home.

Stapler - Useful. I don't like electric ones.

Sword - Immediately I thought of the Archives of Anthropos books and the Sword of Geburah. Then I remembered my brother wants to find a blacksmith to learn how to make swords. Then the trivia I know about damascened swords swam up... I wouldn't want to have to use a sword for any serious purpose, ever.

Address - the address of my house. Web site addresses. Oddly, the song, "This world is not my home, I'm just passin' through" bobbed up.

Picture- Paintings, photographs. Tons of possibilities! Intrigue.

Table - Needs to be cleaned off ;-)

King - Oh boy, not sure what exactly this brings to mind. There are so many kings I've read about and kings in general are just fascinating. One of the best writers about historical rulers is G.A. Henty.

Diamond - Jewels made of carbon, pretty but not my favorite rock. Game of Hearts.

One Hundred - Of what?

Geese - Grass eaters and handy for featherbeds (you can get pick up dropped feathers, you don't have to kill them for the feathers, for the squeamish ones). I'd like to have a few geese someday to keep in my orchard to keep the grass down. Interesting and rather unfriendly birds.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Here goes:

Sunshine
    Bicycle
    Work
    Stapler
    Sword
    Address
    Picture
    Table
    King
    Diamond
    One Hundred
    Geese
    Walking back from the break room, I try to tune out the other employees nattering like geese around the watercooler. At my work desk, unfortunately, I can still hear them throwing words like "affair", "poor thing" and "secret" over the forceful clipping of my stapler. At Sword Publishing, Toronto address, gossip is laid on our tables just as often as the manuscripts we edit. So much for getting professional experience over the summer.

Thirty-six minutes late, in waltzes the boss, or as he refers to himself "The King" (it was a joke he used with new clients, the electrician, the IT team who graciously assisted him with the regular "plugging in of the computer" after the cleaning crew had been in his office, new employees, old employees...... I never said it was a good joke). Going to his office, he pulls back the blinds, revealing the blinding optimism smeared on his walls. On that wall are pictures of cats in compromising positions yelling "Hang in there!" kayaking fools experiencing "TEAMWORK", and other assorted poster gems, each one arguably more competent than the manager sitting under them now. My theory is that he is trying to force sunshine down our throats with his little visual encouragements.

Forty-three minutes late, Claire from PR enters the office, and one hundred eyes turn to follow her on her journey to check the morning faxes. Walking to my desk to give a morning brief to myself and the other interns, I notice that her ring is missing. You know the kind, where the diamond is about as ostentatious as wearing a bicycle on your finger? Maybe this means she will return the wedding gift from the spring. My own expresso machine was soon reaching its own end.
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski