User Tag List

123 Last

deleted

Default ENTs who thought they were actually INTs

Any of you ENTs thought for a while that you were an INT? Explain why you thought this...

Anyone, explain how so... why so... srs

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Well i'm an INTP but last few weeks i've been really E and i've been getting more E for a months actually. Not sure if its the whole becoming an adult/leaving home thing - i'm 17 - or not. Also i found i'm ILE in socionics so i'm testing it theories on how ILEs act by trying to judge whether i act like that or not.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Kind of a definitive stance to take, but you're describing a gradual realization I've come to accept. Depending on externalities in life, I switch from INTJ to ENTP. My natural state tends to reside within the NT framework, with specific N emphasis (something of an annoyance, as I'm trying to increase my S proficiency).

Might represent natural psychological maturity or a simple response system to stress. Either way, I'm comfortable with the shift.

MBTI
    ENTP

i think for sometime i had this complex of me against the world. being alone is better, etc.

when i scrapped that theory, i thinkmy extrovertnes cameback.

i knew my introvertness was forced b/c i would get extremly pissed off in my introverted routines. Whereas that didn't happen in my extroverted situations.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

i never thought i was INTX, but sometimes my more introverted behavior is due to an efficiency standard:

"its more trouble than its worth to deal with these idiots..."
    or
    "these people give me very little utility...interacting only wastes my alloted time"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

The extraversion/introversion preference seems to fluctuate fairly often for NTP's. I know I go full on E when I'm very stressed from sleep and food deprivation (the course of a regular school day). After I get sleep and food, I go back to normal. It's as if my brain jumps to a completely different track. I'd liken it to Jung's shadow theory or the more basic case of inferior functions rising to the surface from stress. It's a very interesting state, though very uncomfortable due to the fact that I'm super stressed at the time and it's almost opposite of my usual nature. However, I really would like to be able to reach that mental state without having to go through the stress trigger.

MBTI
    ENTP

ive thought about it before
    but then again, each time ive tested for it, its always been in the 50% range. so i guess im in the middle..
    i guess all i can do is base it from the descriptions. for the most part, entp seems to fit better
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I thought I was because I'm shy in real life (though an excellent actor). I still like to be around people, but I get more satisfaction out of being quiet around people, so I think in the end, I'm an introvert FO LIFE.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    The extraversion/introversion preference seems to fluctuate fairly often for NTP's. I know I go full on E when I'm very stressed from sleep and food deprivation (the course of a regular school day). After I get sleep and food, I go back to normal. It's as if my brain jumps to a completely different track. I'd liken it to Jung's shadow theory or the more basic case of inferior functions rising to the surface from stress. It's a very interesting state, though very uncomfortable due to the fact that I'm super stressed at the time and it's almost opposite of my usual nature. However, I really would like to be able to reach that mental state without having to go through the stress trigger.
    See i'm the total opposite. When i have enough energy i can easily go really E but when tired i get very I.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ISFJ

Well, I identify a little more with the INTP description than the ENTP description but I always test somewhere pretty close to like 5 or 10% I and there have been times I've tested as 15% E.

For me, I am happy to straddle the line and be INTP or ENTP depending on my mood. For example, I've found that I enjoy public speaking and giving presentations if it's on a subject where I'm well educated. I've gone up, given a talk and felt energized by my ability to hold people's attention or make them laugh. But that's usually not how I recharge. A lot of the time I'm content to go somewhere and read a book.