• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTs who thought they were actually INTs

deleted
Any of you ENTs thought for a while that you were an INT? Explain why you thought this...

Anyone, explain how so... why so... srs

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well i'm an INTP but last few weeks i've been really E and i've been getting more E for a months actually. Not sure if its the whole becoming an adult/leaving home thing - i'm 17 - or not. Also i found i'm ILE in socionics so i'm testing it theories on how ILEs act by trying to judge whether i act like that or not.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Kind of a definitive stance to take, but you're describing a gradual realization I've come to accept. Depending on externalities in life, I switch from INTJ to ENTP. My natural state tends to reside within the NT framework, with specific N emphasis (something of an annoyance, as I'm trying to increase my S proficiency).

Might represent natural psychological maturity or a simple response system to stress. Either way, I'm comfortable with the shift.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
i think for sometime i had this complex of me against the world. being alone is better, etc.

when i scrapped that theory, i thinkmy extrovertnes cameback.

i knew my introvertness was forced b/c i would get extremly pissed off in my introverted routines. Whereas that didn't happen in my extroverted situations.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i never thought i was INTX, but sometimes my more introverted behavior is due to an efficiency standard:

"its more trouble than its worth to deal with these idiots..."
or
"these people give me very little utility...interacting only wastes my alloted time"

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
The extraversion/introversion preference seems to fluctuate fairly often for NTP's. I know I go full on E when I'm very stressed from sleep and food deprivation (the course of a regular school day). After I get sleep and food, I go back to normal. It's as if my brain jumps to a completely different track. I'd liken it to Jung's shadow theory or the more basic case of inferior functions rising to the surface from stress. It's a very interesting state, though very uncomfortable due to the fact that I'm super stressed at the time and it's almost opposite of my usual nature. However, I really would like to be able to reach that mental state without having to go through the stress trigger.

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
ive thought about it before
but then again, each time ive tested for it, its always been in the 50% range. so i guess im in the middle..
i guess all i can do is base it from the descriptions. for the most part, entp seems to fit better

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I thought I was because I'm shy in real life (though an excellent actor). I still like to be around people, but I get more satisfaction out of being quiet around people, so I think in the end, I'm an introvert FO LIFE.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
The extraversion/introversion preference seems to fluctuate fairly often for NTP's. I know I go full on E when I'm very stressed from sleep and food deprivation (the course of a regular school day). After I get sleep and food, I go back to normal. It's as if my brain jumps to a completely different track. I'd liken it to Jung's shadow theory or the more basic case of inferior functions rising to the surface from stress. It's a very interesting state, though very uncomfortable due to the fact that I'm super stressed at the time and it's almost opposite of my usual nature. However, I really would like to be able to reach that mental state without having to go through the stress trigger.

See i'm the total opposite. When i have enough energy i can easily go really E but when tired i get very I.

Oso Mocoso

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Well, I identify a little more with the INTP description than the ENTP description but I always test somewhere pretty close to like 5 or 10% I and there have been times I've tested as 15% E.

For me, I am happy to straddle the line and be INTP or ENTP depending on my mood. For example, I've found that I enjoy public speaking and giving presentations if it's on a subject where I'm well educated. I've gone up, given a talk and felt energized by my ability to hold people's attention or make them laugh. But that's usually not how I recharge. A lot of the time I'm content to go somewhere and read a book.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I can see ENTs who are socially alienated totally thinking they are INTs. There's probably more than a few INTPosers on this very forum.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I first of all thought I was intp, because my eradic way of reasoning needs to be concelead from the general public most of the time, what made me think i am socially I.

But getting to know some INTPs on the forums, I figured they are way faster and quicker in their reasoning than I am and furthermore being myself all the time, with no social filter like always, let out the eradic reasoning again.

Knowing this, I reevaluated the situation and I came to see that I am actually misinterpreting the facts of my social life. My whole behaviour and way of behaving is totally E and so is the mind, because its constantly absorbing new ideas and seeking out new connections.

The only thing that is and stays I is how I feel about it

dga

MBTI Type
ENTP
i think for sometime i had this complex of me against the world. being alone is better, etc.

when i scrapped that theory, i thinkmy extrovertnes cameback.

i knew my introvertness was forced b/c i would get extremly pissed off in my introverted routines. Whereas that didn't happen in my extroverted situations.

yea, this fits me as well. I am most in my element when I am extroverted and more depressed/not so successful/not so natural when introverted.

in fact, when i first took the test, i came out as intp and the description totally brought me down because i did not want to identify with it (no offense to intps). However, I have no idea what ratio I have of e to i.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
yeah, for totally ages I and everyone thought I was an INTP. Crazy, huh? Specially since now my most commonly wrongly guessed type is ENTJ.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I relate to socionics ILE more than either INTx type and my primary function is prolly Ne.

The reason I struggle to accept that I may be ENTP is because of how content I am in my own company and how much I don’t need to interact with others. I'm not anything most people without MBTI knowledge would consider an extravert to be as in loud, talkative or wanting of attention. I’d rather have a complete type in my profile or none at all then xNTP though as the way people interact with me depending on what's there is an interesting social experiment.

I find the introversion v extraversion points in MBTI ambiguous.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I relate to socionics ILE more than either INTx type and my primary function is prolly Ne.

The reason I struggle to accept that I may be ENTP is because of how content I am in my own company and how much I don’t need to interact with others. I'm not anything most people without MBTI knowledge would consider an extravert to be as in loud, talkative or wanting of attention. I’d rather have a complete type in my profile or none at all then xNTP though as the way people interact with me depending on what's there is an interesting social experiment.

I find the introversion v extraversion points in MBTI ambiguous.

Makes you definitly entp. :) I think it has a lot to also with how, where and why you were raised and such things. I dont thing at one point in life type can actually be a 100% equal.

If you know about the ILE you prolly now about the quadras too. And they are, by far, the best generalization to find out, which game you yourself are playing :)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Makes you definitly entp. :) I think it has a lot to also with how, where and why you were raised and such things. I dont thing at one point in life type can actually be a 100% equal.

I totally agree with you there, upbringing has a big impact.

If you know about the ILE you prolly now about the quadras too. And they are, by far, the best generalization to find out, which game you yourself are playing :)

I fit in the Alpha quadra best so ENTp or INTj were options. Looking at the IvE definitions of Socionics made E very easy to see though, I can relate to most E traits but there's only one aspect of I that identified with in having a rich inner world, the rest of the I traits were either ambiguous or not me at all.

Yet still my NPness questions :doh: :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to think I was an INTP way back in the day.
I have had both of these approaches to life(the ESFJ doesn't really count):

attachment.php