User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I don't think you could have an ENTP test 100% or even 80% on their E. I don't know about flaws in other processes for any other types but there is a flaw with the ENTP on the E/I (E/I O, sorry, lame, couldn't be helped) function.

I will get INTP when I'm clearly not and I think most ENTPs will be really low on that function but I assure you I'm not INTP or XNTP.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics

I consider my extroversion a learned habit that I have developed in response to the needs of my life, ie, existing in society.

Most people havet two distinctly different personas depending on if they're at work or not.
    An experiment in typology...

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post
    I don't think you could have an ENTP test 100% or even 80% on their E. I don't know about flaws in other processes for any other types but there is a flaw with the ENTP on the E/I (E/I O, sorry, lame, couldn't be helped) function.

I will get INTP when I'm clearly not and I think most ENTPs will be really low on that function but I assure you I'm not INTP or XNTP.
    There may be some truth to this. And add to that:

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I think it has a lot to also with how, where and why you were raised and such things. I dont thing at one point in life type can actually be a 100% equal.
    ...probably best sums up my scenario. I know that for me, I need to have the external stimuli in order to keep my momentum. However, I would probably go a little cuckoo if I was in a constant state of this (Ne overload). I need time to quiet/center myself, my mind, to get some kind of grasp, control over all that's flying inside my head (it feels too chaotic if there's been a constant array of external stimuli without significant proportion of all info being sorted [Ti, etc]). That's when I retreat. Sort it out, and just get to enjoy spending time with myself.

I highly highly value my solitude, and fiercely defend it - which sometimes translates to independence (in a negative sense, esp. in relationships). But, it's cuz, I just want 'me time'.

I have gone 2 months without contact with others, on purpose (summer, roomie gone, didn't go home, stayed in my apt, went to summer school, came home and worked, and f-ed around on the net). When friends would call to do something, I'd purposely miss their call. Hence my only 'social interaction' was through the net (forums, emailing friends, msn chat, etc).

I don't know if other ENTPs have experienced this state of intense hermitdom (or want for it), every once in a while.

......or, it could be because I'm an only child.

Solitude is a pleasure and treasure for me. I only want control of when and how I exercise it, i.e., I will get irked if it is forced on me (read: no one wants to play with me when I wanna play!! )

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I don't know if other ENTPs have experienced this state of intense hermitdom (or want for it), every once in a while.

Solitude is a pleasure and treasure for me. I only want control of when and how I exercise it, i.e., I will get irked if it is forced on me (read: no one wants to play with me when I wanna play!! )
    That just gave me a thought. I've got not brothers and five little sisters and for the last 5/6 six years (basicaly puberty) my dad has been away alot. Maybe that made me more naturally I than i would otherwise have been.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Count me as another ENTP who originally thought he was I.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I have gone 2 months without contact with others, on purpose (summer, roomie gone, didn't go home, stayed in my apt, went to summer school, came home and worked, and f-ed around on the net). When friends would call to do something, I'd purposely miss their call. Hence my only 'social interaction' was through the net (forums, emailing friends, msn chat, etc).

Yes, sounds very familiar. I go through intense phases of being around people every day, then to intense phases (like now) where I just need to withdraw for *long* stretches of time.

MBTI
    ENTP

^
    do you notice change in your processes

eg. does your introvertedThinking become more dominant in decision making?

Quote Originally Posted by blanclait View Post
    ^
    do you notice change in your processes

eg. does your introvertedThinking become more dominant in decision making?
    Ne+Ti becoming Ti+Ne?

See, I don't know if a switcheroo happens. I think that one is dampened/supressed, so the other (secondary) becomes more pronounced (but still operating at the same level as before).

I.e., being inside, not a whole lot of opportunities to bounce off my Ne, allows my Ti to become more prominent. Do I think that my Ti is working more? I don't think it's the case. I think that I'm just more clearly noticing my Ti working because there's a dampning of my Ne.

(this would support the theory of not 'becoming' an INTP...suddenly, and still maintaining the crux of what it is to be an ENTP)

* Aside, a lot of my closest friends would say I'm more leaning towards introverted. I think they may be referring to a bit of my misanthropic tendencies about how people act in trivial social matters. I purposely missed my frosh week during the start of my undergrad, cuz I hate that kind of shyte. Forced/contrived socialization. Irks me to no end.

It's just I don't go out of my way to seek social situations (as most social situations I think of as ridiculous formalities), but, that I'm quite happy when I'm in them (cuz I make it my own when I just happen to be there).

Also, I am not shy of telling people (closest to me) to please get out of my face for a while. After knowing me for years, they've learned not to take it personally. [I could never co-habit with another person, I think]

MBTI
    ENTP

Since I'm a kid I have social anxiety. Which is not the same as Introversion. I distrust strangers and probably won't talk to someone I don't know. If I don't feel in a minimal 'familiar' ambient I won't take the spotlight, but with friends is a very different story.
    Another thing that lead me to think I was Introverted is that I could get 'tired' easily of other people. I eventually analyzed it, and discovered that I wasn't tired, just bored. I don't get 'tired' or 'drained' if I'm with people I connect.

But still I score I in most tests, because the questions are usually lame. Just because I don't talk with the cashier or that I'll leave if the party is boring doesn't mean that I don't enjoy social interaction. I see E in ENTP more of sharing the internal world instead of keeping it to oneself. If I have a idea, a funny thought or anything interesting that crosses my mind, I need to tell someone about it.

Though, I also enjoy being alone. But alone as more as 'freedom'. When I'm with people I can't do what I want whenever I want, so I like more my time alone because it's time 'for myself'.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    ENTP

@Qre:us

Hmm i see, i'm still questioning if I am actually an INTP in a phase or an ENTP.
    b/c clearly now i can see my intuition is dominant and some of the "features of INTP profile" have disapeared and i started experiencing more and more of ENTP features.
    (been about a month)

Is it just me or do INTPs who dont go out very much, when they enter a social events all of a sudden it really excites them.
    b/c it never drains me to be honest.

then again i dont participate in social gatherings that frequently.

so i'm wondering if is just Introvert+Perceiving at work or is actually my extrovertness