User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 45

  1. #31
    Buddhist Misanthrope Samvega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    1,068

    Default

    I don't think you could have an ENTP test 100% or even 80% on their E. I don't know about flaws in other processes for any other types but there is a flaw with the ENTP on the E/I (E/I O, sorry, lame, couldn't be helped) function.

    I will get INTP when I'm clearly not and I think most ENTPs will be really low on that function but I assure you I'm not INTP or XNTP.

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I consider my extroversion a learned habit that I have developed in response to the needs of my life, ie, existing in society.

    Most people havet two distinctly different personas depending on if they're at work or not.
    An experiment in typology...

  3. #33
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post
    I don't think you could have an ENTP test 100% or even 80% on their E. I don't know about flaws in other processes for any other types but there is a flaw with the ENTP on the E/I (E/I O, sorry, lame, couldn't be helped) function.

    I will get INTP when I'm clearly not and I think most ENTPs will be really low on that function but I assure you I'm not INTP or XNTP.
    There may be some truth to this. And add to that:

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I think it has a lot to also with how, where and why you were raised and such things. I dont thing at one point in life type can actually be a 100% equal.
    ...probably best sums up my scenario. I know that for me, I need to have the external stimuli in order to keep my momentum. However, I would probably go a little cuckoo if I was in a constant state of this (Ne overload). I need time to quiet/center myself, my mind, to get some kind of grasp, control over all that's flying inside my head (it feels too chaotic if there's been a constant array of external stimuli without significant proportion of all info being sorted [Ti, etc]). That's when I retreat. Sort it out, and just get to enjoy spending time with myself.

    I highly highly value my solitude, and fiercely defend it - which sometimes translates to independence (in a negative sense, esp. in relationships). But, it's cuz, I just want 'me time'.

    I have gone 2 months without contact with others, on purpose (summer, roomie gone, didn't go home, stayed in my apt, went to summer school, came home and worked, and f-ed around on the net). When friends would call to do something, I'd purposely miss their call. Hence my only 'social interaction' was through the net (forums, emailing friends, msn chat, etc).

    I don't know if other ENTPs have experienced this state of intense hermitdom (or want for it), every once in a while.

    ......or, it could be because I'm an only child.

    Solitude is a pleasure and treasure for me. I only want control of when and how I exercise it, i.e., I will get irked if it is forced on me (read: no one wants to play with me when I wanna play!! )

  4. #34
    Is Willard in Footloose!! CJ99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I don't know if other ENTPs have experienced this state of intense hermitdom (or want for it), every once in a while.

    ......or, it could be because I'm an only child.

    Solitude is a pleasure and treasure for me. I only want control of when and how I exercise it, i.e., I will get irked if it is forced on me (read: no one wants to play with me when I wanna play!! )
    That just gave me a thought. I've got not brothers and five little sisters and for the last 5/6 six years (basicaly puberty) my dad has been away alot. Maybe that made me more naturally I than i would otherwise have been.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

    "Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

    "Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

  5. #35
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Count me as another ENTP who originally thought he was I.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  6. #36
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I have gone 2 months without contact with others, on purpose (summer, roomie gone, didn't go home, stayed in my apt, went to summer school, came home and worked, and f-ed around on the net). When friends would call to do something, I'd purposely miss their call. Hence my only 'social interaction' was through the net (forums, emailing friends, msn chat, etc).

    I don't know if other ENTPs have experienced this state of intense hermitdom (or want for it), every once in a while.

    ......or, it could be because I'm an only child.

    Solitude is a pleasure and treasure for me. I only want control of when and how I exercise it, i.e., I will get irked if it is forced on me (read: no one wants to play with me when I wanna play!! )
    Yes, sounds very familiar. I go through intense phases of being around people every day, then to intense phases (like now) where I just need to withdraw for *long* stretches of time.

  7. #37
    Senior Member blanclait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    305

    Default

    ^
    do you notice change in your processes

    eg. does your introvertedThinking become more dominant in decision making?

  8. #38
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blanclait View Post
    ^
    do you notice change in your processes

    eg. does your introvertedThinking become more dominant in decision making?
    Ne+Ti becoming Ti+Ne?

    See, I don't know if a switcheroo happens. I think that one is dampened/supressed, so the other (secondary) becomes more pronounced (but still operating at the same level as before).

    I.e., being inside, not a whole lot of opportunities to bounce off my Ne, allows my Ti to become more prominent. Do I think that my Ti is working more? I don't think it's the case. I think that I'm just more clearly noticing my Ti working because there's a dampning of my Ne.

    (this would support the theory of not 'becoming' an INTP...suddenly, and still maintaining the crux of what it is to be an ENTP)

    * Aside, a lot of my closest friends would say I'm more leaning towards introverted. I think they may be referring to a bit of my misanthropic tendencies about how people act in trivial social matters. I purposely missed my frosh week during the start of my undergrad, cuz I hate that kind of shyte. Forced/contrived socialization. Irks me to no end.

    It's just I don't go out of my way to seek social situations (as most social situations I think of as ridiculous formalities), but, that I'm quite happy when I'm in them (cuz I make it my own when I just happen to be there).

    Also, I am not shy of telling people (closest to me) to please get out of my face for a while. After knowing me for years, they've learned not to take it personally. [I could never co-habit with another person, I think]

  9. #39
    Senior Member Kora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Since I'm a kid I have social anxiety. Which is not the same as Introversion. I distrust strangers and probably won't talk to someone I don't know. If I don't feel in a minimal 'familiar' ambient I won't take the spotlight, but with friends is a very different story.
    Another thing that lead me to think I was Introverted is that I could get 'tired' easily of other people. I eventually analyzed it, and discovered that I wasn't tired, just bored. I don't get 'tired' or 'drained' if I'm with people I connect.

    But still I score I in most tests, because the questions are usually lame. Just because I don't talk with the cashier or that I'll leave if the party is boring doesn't mean that I don't enjoy social interaction. I see E in ENTP more of sharing the internal world instead of keeping it to oneself. If I have a idea, a funny thought or anything interesting that crosses my mind, I need to tell someone about it.

    Though, I also enjoy being alone. But alone as more as 'freedom'. When I'm with people I can't do what I want whenever I want, so I like more my time alone because it's time 'for myself'.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

  10. #40
    Senior Member blanclait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    305

    Default

    @Qre:us

    Hmm i see, i'm still questioning if I am actually an INTP in a phase or an ENTP.
    b/c clearly now i can see my intuition is dominant and some of the "features of INTP profile" have disapeared and i started experiencing more and more of ENTP features.
    (been about a month)

    Is it just me or do INTPs who dont go out very much, when they enter a social events all of a sudden it really excites them.
    b/c it never drains me to be honest.

    then again i dont participate in social gatherings that frequently.

    so i'm wondering if is just Introvert+Perceiving at work or is actually my extrovertness

Similar Threads

  1. Antifa is exactly who we though they were
    By DiscoBiscuit in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-08-2017, 11:23 PM
  2. [INFP] Any other INFPs grow up hating themselves, trying to change who they were?
    By Blackout in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-24-2015, 08:58 AM
  3. [INFJ] INFJs and others who thought they were INFJ
    By hazelsees in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-07-2013, 10:29 AM
  4. [ENFJ] Why are ENFJ's afraid to reflect- what are the type of dark thoughts they avoid??
    By ladypinkington in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 06:39 PM
  5. Hobbits' wrist action shows they were little, not people
    By darlets in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 11:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO