• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do any other N's replay events?

Matt22

MBTI Type
ENTJ
When I was a little kid, I saw a "3-2-1 Contact" episode where they described the dangers of doing drugs. Apparently, crack can make your brain replay events after they happen. They used the example of going on a roller coaster and then experiencing it again...and again...and again.

Well, it turns out that my brain does this naturally, and I'm wondering if it's an N thing. My brain especially likes to go over what's been said or written. It doesn't replay roller coaster rides, thankfully.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I was a little kid, I saw a "3-2-1 Contact" episode where they described the dangers of doing drugs. Apparently, crack can make your brain replay events after they happen. They used the example of going on a roller coaster and then experiencing it again...and again...and again.

Well, it turns out that my brain does this naturally, and I'm wondering if it's an N thing. My brain especially likes to go over what's been said or written. It doesn't replay roller coaster rides, thankfully.

I do not replay events in my mind (usually, if anything, I compulsively rehearse events that have not yet occurred, to make sure I do them "right")... but I still had to respond since you mentioned "3-2-1 Contact!" :)

I don't know how many people here would be able to recognize/recall that show. But I remember watching that and The Electric Company right after Sesame Street.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The short answer: Yes, I replay some events in my head until they've been analysed to death and then some.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Um yeah, most definitely, and sometimes I replay them exhaustively.

Not quite the same thing, but I do this with songs that affect me--I will take the entire song, or more likely one significant segment of the song, and replay it dozens of times in one sitting.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

I occasionally replay events in my head, but not often. I think this is common for J's since they use either Ni or Si to reflect on the events that have happened.

Also,
"If you've got the dime, then we've got the time. We're the 'Bloodhound Gang'."

Arandur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, all the time. It's almost always things I've done and think I could have done better, and no matter how trivial they may actually be, my brain keeps going over it, replaying and analyzing and fixing. Sometimes this goes on for a day or two, until I go nuts and tell it to shut up (which of course hardly works, I just need to find something to distract myself for long enough to make it go away).

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I do. Normally, in the real world, it's my inclination to be nice to people, but then I rework it in my head and try to see why I let someone walk all over me like that. I scrutinize the event and then restructure it to see what I could've done differently. I don't know, but I fear not being able to control people's responses in the world, but I'm able to in my mind.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know you said N's, but for the record I do this as well, quite often. More often it's a series of still photo images than a video scene though (my memory is very photographic in style, though not eidetic). And I don't do it to see what I could change, but instead to enjoy the experience or to pick it apart and get what information I can from things like people's expressions.

BlackMita

Going over events usually gives you a better idea of the processes which occurred. Something will happen, it will pop up a few times in my mind, and then I’ll have learned something from it. I can break down in a sentence usually: a half stitched moral of the story, or an important side-note to life.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Yeah, although I'm an S I do this all the time too. I replay conversations with people in my head quite often...usually things that were either really amusing or things that ticked me off. Sometimes I start smiling for apparently no reason...and when people ask me what is so funny I just have to say that I was replaying in my mind something funny that had happened.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
I like to take events and think about how they could have been different. Or incorporate them into my current ongoing daydreaming and alter them... My husband relives and replays events over and over again. He revisits them in his head (I can tell because often he speaks out loud while doing this) and he rehashes things with me over and over (as you can probably tell this drives me nuts, but I suspect that is more of a J thing - he goes back and talks about things like they haven't been decided and that annoys the part of me that has moved on because they HAVE been decided.)

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
I do this all the time, replaying events or playing out events that have yet to happen, all in detail as if sleeping and dreaming with my eyes open. I live in a dream world that goes like that the majority of the time.

Walking down the road replaying events, major, minor all hitting me at different stages, to music, during a film, or a book, I am one of those people you see sometimes giggling to themselves on a bus or a train as a replay event makes me blush or wish it would go away and never be a memory of mine again.

I wish I didn't do it as it's very distracting, and alot of the stuff I don't want to keep replaying. Eventually I gain some type of resolution and replay it less but even then I can still end up dwelling again at some stage down the line.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
So annoying and i do it obsessively with embarrassing moments and regrets. its like a loop on repeat. ugh